Gazelle Skin Thread

Mt5_Roie

You do realise there may be some ex marines watching this!:)

That skin would be awesome too, had the Marines assistance in Belize, and did a course in the highlands with them. Great people, Dad was a Commando,(Original) they took the mick no end for me being a crabfat but nothing but respect for my Dad. Hats off to all

I'm ex army and served with some RMs in Iraq, I have more respect for the RMs then the cabbage kids..... I mean RAF Regt who I've also had the pleasure to worked with.. but that's another story......

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

What's been started.......... Can not be unstarted....

Hello Kitty WiP

gtXjrdA.jpg

Vesion 2 of 3 in the ETPS range.

WiP.

nKCktfX.jpg

3 of 3 has a all red tail...

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Awesome looking....I would think the enemy would just surrender to this majestic looking helicopter when they see the Hello Kitty.

I'll try to get it done by Friday as I'll be busy with Duxford this weekend...

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

People you have these lines and bolts in your original PSD file ? (Template for the SA342M Gazelle)

I have different layers of colors Camo, dirt... But no of these layers lines and bolts In all PSD files "Gazelle Skin Template" :(

Someone can help with them?

8186ca2ac21b.jpg

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

You may accidently make them invisible. They are in the *BASIC STUFF* Layer folder.

People you have these lines and bolts in your original PSD file ? (Template for the SA342M Gazelle)

I have different layers of colors Camo, dirt... But no of these layers lines and bolts In all PSD files "Gazelle Skin Template" :(

8186ca2ac21b.jpg

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Soon on the DCS User files:

desert_storm_pack.png

Operation "Desert Storm" skin pack. JSGME ready for Open Alpha. download: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1948642/

- Desert storm FR Green

- Desert storm FR Sand

- Desert storm UK

Note: I could not get rid of the white numbers on the UK version... I will correct it ASAP (if someone can help me!).

Hope you'll enjoy!

Edited by Sleipner
  • Like 1

nice work :thumbup:

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Nice work Sleipner :thumbup:

Been looking forward to these, thanks for your work.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

8186ca2ac21b.jpg

The answer is simple, well for me, since i work with Photoshop everyday as a Graphic Artist/Computer Graphic Designer. I'll try to explain is as simple as i can. :)

Your having the same problem as i do, the Template as been made in a more recent version as you do probably, wich means, when you open the file, it might ask you if you want to flatten the image to keep layers as is, or keep the layers and some changes might occurs, which in other words means « Hey, this has been done in a more recent version, and i do encounter some changes/differences in effets / filters / layers effetcs that doesn't probably exists in the older version you're using, so, dude, you can keep the layers, but some effets might ended up with unexpected effet/result, so i might discard these effects so you can open the file, but, if i flatten the file, you loose layers, but keep the design as expected, what you wanna do? » :) long texte, but explains it in a kinda funny way.

In other words, you have the layers, but they don't show, if you look in the layers group, you'll find them, they are 2 layer groups, you can see them in one of my screenshots, but to make any modifications, you need to unlock the layers in the group, by selection the group in the layers (the folder) and click the little black padlock, see my other screenshot, and if you look on the upper layers palets, you have the so called, « Layer Blending Modes » if you change it from « Pass Through » and select « Normal », as you can see in my screenshot, they all appear, but all white. Which means, they had been used with a certain effect and something which we cannot kept as we open the files, and, personnaly, i didn't have the time or patience to find some way to adjust the effect in other way, but the prob might be a different effect on a different layer that affects those, and with the ammounts of layers, the tests can take quite a while, and i personnaly was kinda scared that some other stuff also have changed but i didn't noticed at first. So i simply played it safe and used another done skin from the default gazelle, so i get the rivets and stuff, and i simple painted over the colots, and played around with the layer blending mode and put them either multiply or simple made a layer adjustement color as HSB, which can be use to colorise stuff and made colors i wanted, camo pattern and stuff.

Sorry for long answer, but it kinda explain the problem you have, and why, on my side, i get the rivets and stuff, for the others, they might have a more recent Photoshop as i do, that's the options i see, as to why you loose them. Hope it helps. I am for now, unemployed, which means i don't have access to a more recent Photoshop verison to try to downsample in some way thes files, maybe there is a way to in more recent Photoshop, but usualy, Photoshop is the only softwares from Adobe than doesn't have the option to downgrade verison as the others do, you get the option for compability as saving the files, but let's cross fingers, on monday i have the second part of a job interview, i passed the first one, and made it from 8 person down to 3 for the second part, if i get the job, it's a big Advertising Agency, i for sure will get the most recent version, and you bet i will find i way to make those files available with all effects, and if i do, with Polychop permission i will make those templates available in the file sections as Older Photoshop version users. :) Until then, if you don't get a usable file version from someone else, send me a provate message and i'll be more than happy and try to help you in a way to bypass these problems as i did.

Capture1.JPG.d05ca7dcb202a656791fc588af363589.JPG

Capture2.JPG.0fe01b0fdbdb5c228b6fde4deba311fc.JPG

Capture3.thumb.JPG.ba903d54df9fa13525df9a89386ea37a.JPG

Edited by Doum76

Thank you very much for your help and answers!

Last night, I installed a new version Photoshop 2015. PSD file is opened without any questions and the layers of lines and bolts were visible at once.:worthy::D

Skin for Ukrainian Army finished. I'll upload it to the "User Files".

Once again thank you all for the help!

accbdd814d94.jpg

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Thank you very much for your help and answers!

Last night, I installed a new version Photoshop 2015. PSD file is opened without any questions and the layers of lines and bolts were visible at once.:worthy::D

Skin for Ukrainian Army finished. I'll upload it to the "User Files".

Once again thank you all for the help!

accbdd814d94.jpg

Great, lucky you!! :)

Skin looking good btw

Is there any chance for some users of the most recent photoshop version to convert/save the templates in a backwards compatible format that can be opened with GIMP and save it as .xcf?

For most things I needed to change/touch for skins GIMP worked really good!

By the way, I love the skins you guys produce here.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Template issue

Hello guys...am I missed something? Cause I downloaded the link you'd provided and said it's been updated adding the missing files but I guess I'm still having problem not getting the whole package!! Some Textures are missing and here's a screenshot shows #4 & #9 are missing :( Please advice and very appreciated in advance.

Here's the screenshot

As long as i'm concerned, i haven'T done anything with the #9 as for the #4, i simply selected one from another liveries that came default with the Gazelle, one with light and plain color and recolor the parts needed, when not sure what need to be painted or not, i simple used the Tiger Meet skin, since it's orange, it's easy to spot in each texture what needs or not, and when i opened the #9, it was all same color as the other skin. That's how i bypassed the fact that having no tempalte at all when i started working on my skin. so basicly texture #9 i simply take always the same, simply rename it from a skin to another without any changes.

As long as i'm concerned, i haven'T done anything with the #9 as for the #4, i simply selected one from another liveries that came default with the Gazelle, one with light and plain color and recolor the parts needed, when not sure what need to be painted or not, i simple used the Tiger Meet skin, since it's orange, it's easy to spot in each texture what needs or not, and when i opened the #9, it was all same color as the other skin. That's how i bypassed the fact that having no tempalte at all when i started working on my skin. so basicly texture #9 i simply take always the same, simply rename it from a skin to another without any changes.

Got you...really appreciated your respond thanks a lot :thumbup:

Desert Storm Pack available here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1948642/

desert_storm_pack.png

Cavalry scout skin Pack: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1948651/

skin_pack_scout_gazelle.png

Enjoy!

Sleipner

Just AWESOME !

thanks so much

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version