DCS: M-III by Razbam ?

Flyschool

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents, to remind you all, we'll building the CJ.. AIM-9B equipped. The Israelis even had the radar removed out of most of them as being unreliable and unsuited for pure dogfighting their III's excelled. It's still a question whether DCS will implement Shafir missiles... to early to tell.

Hank

Given that there seems to be large amounts of relevant documentation and many RAAF pilots who are keen to talk about it, I must say I'm surprised that RAZBAM are building a Mirage IIICJ rather than a Mirage IIIO.

Given that there seems to be large amounts of relevant documentation and many RAAF pilots who are keen to talk about it, I must say I'm surprised that RAZBAM are building a Mirage IIICJ rather than a Mirage IIIO.

There's a difference between what's easy and what's iconic. The CJ made a name for the Mirage III in combat. To my knowledge, the O didn't see much combat at all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There's a difference between what's easy and what's iconic. The CJ made a name for the Mirage III in combat. To my knowledge, the O didn't see much combat at all.

True but the O was based on the E and that was the most produced of all the Mir III series :) ... but I will be happy to fly any Mirage III in DCS.

Edited by IvanK

True but the O was based on the E and that was the most produced of all the Mir III series :) ... but I will be happy to fly any Mirage III in DCS.

And no doubt it would be preferable to the CJ in practice. But, the CJ's connection to names like Giora Epstein theoretically improved its marketing value.

None the less, I find the aircraft intriguing, and, should I get it, I'd love to get some pointers from you on flying it.

It's not about the numbers, but about the combat record. If the Israelis hadn't put the Mirage name on the world map, there wouldn't have been interest by other countries to even buy a Mirage.

Interesting but a little research relating to Mirage III orders shows that most of the major orders were made pre 1967 and introductions into service occurred prior to 67 :)

Well, our plans are for a CJ since day one for more than one reason, if during development stages or beta stages we find feasible to include another version in the package (which should STILL be an early version) we will, it´s not a matter of pushing polys, but a matter of what can and can´t be done currently in the sim (and by the time this bird is ready)unless the community is willing to compromise (which i find extremely doubtful)on some stuff NOT being implemented (and yes i´m talking about a/G radar) then it will be CJ only

Best regards

Prowler

Well, our plans are for a CJ since day one for more than one reason, if during development stages or beta stages we find feasible to include another version in the package (which should STILL be an early version) we will, it´s not a matter of pushing polys, but a matter of what can and can´t be done currently in the sim (and by the time this bird is ready)unless the community is willing to compromise (which i find extremely doubtful)on some stuff NOT being implemented (and yes i´m talking about a/G radar) then it will be CJ only

Best regards

Prowler

Prowler - is there a view yet from the project team to include the radar form CJ or omit it as some of the a/c did in RL?

As IvanK has stated - whilst we'd love to see a E version of the Delta lady, make no mistake - we're all very happy to have the CJ so thanks to the team for picking it!

Interesting but a little research relating to Mirage III orders shows that most of the major orders were made pre 1967 and introductions into service occurred prior to 67 :)

Lol, only France, South Africa and Israel ordered the - IIIC, most customers came after 1967 and the relaxing attitude of France towards mainly Arabic orders (and the embargo of France towards the for Israel specialized designed - 5J)

HAES904 your original quote was:

"It's not about the numbers, but about the combat record. If the Israelis hadn't put the Mirage name on the world map, there wouldn't have been interest by other countries to even buy a Mirage"

Yet South Africa took delivery of its first Mirage III's in 1962. Australia the largest foreign operator of the Mirage III* ordered its aircraft in 1960 with the first production aircraft handed over on 5 April 1963 !, The Swiss took delivery of their first development aircraft in 1961, The Pakistanis took delivery of the first

aircraft in 1967.

*In fact Australia was the largest foreign operator of any of the Mirage III/5/50 series

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 1

Mirage IIIE/O loadout:

Mirage%20III%20E-400x400.jpg

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would Razbam consider to also create the Mirage IIIS?

miriiis.parsys.0014.Image.gif

I really love those canards.

The Brazilian Mirage IIIE BR(Named F-103E) also had those canards, not sure why.

MirageIII_01.jpg

1_LMaldonado_007.jpg

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's an upgrade introduced in 1989 on Brazilian Mirage III EBR or F-103E.

It improves high AoA flight behavior.

The design is the same as Mirage III S...

Thanks for the information!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MiG-21bis vs Mirage IIICJ will be a great grudgematch!
While both aircraft are from the same era.The Mirage IIICs arch rivals were earlier generation Mig-21s like the MF and PFM variants.Those are the ones that the Israeli Air Force encountered in the Six Day War.Maybe Razbam can eventually make an earlier variant of the Fishbed someday like the MF or PF models.Those jets also saw action in Vietnam too.

Thanks for the pictures S_D. These pics stir fond memories of making a plastic model of one of those (the RAAF version of course) when I was about 12 years old, they were still very much in service back then.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

While both aircraft are from the same era.The Mirage IIICs arch rivals were earlier generation Mig-21s like the MF and PFM variants.Those are the ones that the Israeli Air Force encountered in the Six Day War.Maybe Razbam can eventually make an earlier variant of the Fishbed someday like the MF or PF models.Those jets also saw action in Vietnam too.

Actually even the MF and PFM variants are far ahead when considering an equivalent era adversary.

The variants encountered and engaged in combat by the Mirage IIICJ of the IAF were the:

MiG-21F-13 (1960; Izdeliye 74; NATO "Fishbed-C") in the 1967 Six Day war

MiG-21PF (1961; Izdeliye 76; NATO "Fishbed-D") in the 1973 Yom Kippur war / October war

Also, in the 1967 Six Day War most of the aerial engagements of the IAF Mirage IIICJ were against MiG-17s and MiG-19s...

S!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

We are currently weighting the idea of creating the Atar 9C-3 engine version only which will be the 1973 model that took part in the Yum Kippur war, since it will make it more open to other versions (AFAIK).

Prowler

Sounds like a plan! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10