Typhoon with heavy payload

Shaman

Check this out! First time at Farnborough Int 2006.

Eurofighter Typhoon with:

6x GBU-16 Paveway II laser guided bombs 1000 pounds each :)

4x AIM-120

2x AIM-9

1x external fuel tank

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1094492/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1090729/L/

I thought it is worth sharing :pilotfly:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Great shots!

With the additional center fuel tank, I guess the backseater was considered unacceptable overweight...:music_whistling:

Or it was a guest flying along who just bent over to vomit...:megalol:

Man, I wish I had an actual sim featuring this birdie, something like EF2006...

I guess I´ll have to drive the 60 km to the next Eurofighter base and ask them to let me fly in their shiny new sim.

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Beautiful shots there. Would all this extra weight from the payload have any major effect on the aircraft's performance? I mean to what extent?

And I assume the fuel tank is definitely empty.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

With the additional center fuel tank, I guess the backseater was considered unacceptable overweight...:music_whistling:

Hehehehe, yeah.. ;)

Man, I wish I had an actual sim featuring this birdie, something like EF2006

Ahh you brought back memories. EF2000 was a nice game, back in its times. It was in 1996 or 1997...?

However I was spending most of my time flying ED's Flanker and Graphic Simulations' F/A-18 Korea sim over LAN.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

The EF2000 is pretty potent, and should have no problem at all carrying all that weight, this is no F-16/Gripen/Chinese brass copies. This thing has some powerful engines and lots of lift, so the only real issue might be its glide performance for them low speed passes.

I'd like to see a EF-2000 and Mirage2000 (lol, they both have 2000 in their name :lol:) sim, because those are probably the most agile non-TVC planes that are not made by Mig or Su, and have real engines (sorry A-10) and speed (sorry F-18 ).

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Would all this extra weight from the payload have any major effect on the aircraft's performance? I mean to what extent?

A huge impact not only in performance but also in handling qualities...:smilewink:

And I assume the fuel tank is definitely empty.

Not necessary

Typhoon Rocks

just my opinion (2cents) here:

i think is one of the most underestimated planes inbetween the f-22 hype

I saw it 2 times real and and who is interested just search for the BVR abillities on net . Typhoon ROCKS !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great shots!

No, no, in "Nothing comes close: the Sequel" the Eurofighter rescues a special agent who jumps out of an A400M hijacked by rogue forces whilst in flight! :D

These loadouts are part of loadout tests, my guess would also be the fueltank is empty. No military planner would give up so much range and manoevrability just to have two extra precision weapons. You'ld better just add one ship to the formation in case of need.

Anyway, the Eurofighter tranche 2 will already have very good payload flexibility, not yet matching the absolute champion Super Hornet but that is only a matter of time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Fighter76
just my opinion (2cents) here:

i think is one of the most underestimated planes inbetween the f-22 hype

I saw it 2 times real and and who is interested just search for the BVR abillities on net . Typhoon ROCKS !!

Yes a Plane is made as FIGHTER is used as a BOMBER. :chair:

These guys are most intelligent

Yes a Plane is made as FIGHTER is used as a BOMBER. :chair:

These guys are most intelligent

Before i start to type tons of words here bout EF why, bla, concept, abilities, bla i just say one thing to that :music_whistling:

Jets make Legends - Bombers make History

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jets make Legends - Bombers make History

Jets make Legends - Bombers make History - Stealth Planes make you Disappear :thumbup:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

• 2 weeks later...
Ever played Janes F-15? :D

Ever played F-15E strike eagle II? It was a fun game for a while. Fixed load-out with 4 amraam, 4 sidewinder and 6 maverick. Then I discovered that the game allowed you to destroy airfields with the M-61 :music_whistling::lol: You just sprayed it with bullets and "whoop" target destroyed message :smilewink:

I never touched it again :cry:

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: