How come there's no F16 / F22 in the game?

chlywly

You do realise there was a game years ago with the F22 called F22 ADF by Digital Image design, that game reworked would be awesome.

That was 1997 and it really can't be compared to DCS, to begin with. The DID games were fun for their time, but they never aspired to match the level of detail seen in DCS or F4.0. The sort of detail levels that DCS is expected to have pretty much requires direct input from the manufacturer for an aircraft of such complexity.

Good luck with that.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as a long time member of the BMS community, we are not willing to give up our Dynamic Campaign engine by moving our hardcore Viper to DCSW. We are very happy with the state of the BMS sim andso I doubt the developers will ever consider it. And yes, we tend to be a little rabid.

I used to fly BMS a lot and would maybe agree with you...BUT. BMS will fall in the past if they will not rush for VR works in their development. I am kind of a fresh VR user but I can say with all my love to BMS campaign I just cannot fly a flat screen anymore. People who understands it (ED, Team Fusion) will be the kings of the hill. Others who don't accept future tech (1C/777, BMS) will fade away.

I think there is no need of viper in dcs. There are a lot more other 4gen planes to do.

I think that F-16 Block 15 OCU (with AIM-120A missles and AGM-65A capabilities) will be best choise for DCS World.

First - cockpit. without MFD (with radar screen between pilots legs), can get new game experience what BMS falcon dont have.

Second - Its have better performance than most heavy F-16C

Third - I just like Netz-es =))

Fourth - not much hard to release than block 50/52 series with its multiple mfds and menus of ded display.

F-16A%20Block%2010.JPG

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

I think that F-16 Block 15 OCU (with AIM-120A missles and AGM-65A capabilities) will be best choise for DCS World.

First - cockpit. without MFD (with radar screen between pilots legs), can get new game experience what BMS falcon dont have.

Fourth - not much hard to release than block 50/52 series with its multiple mfds and menus of ded display.

The renders Previously posted of the old WIP F-16 pit was of a Block 25+ C. w/ Dual MFDs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I would like any F-16C, but of course the B52 would be really nice :), or even an F-16AM(MLU).

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't for the life of me understand ED's reluctance to make an F-16. I understand prioritizing the F/A-18 over it since there is no competing "sim-that-shall-not-be-named" to saturate the F/A-18 market, but from a business standpoint doing an F-16 is a no-brainer. If they won't pick up that project and the rewards that come with it, one of the 3rd party developers will. It's just a matter of time. Maybe ED will get in later on modeling a different Block F-16.

If the right person/people wanted to make an F-22, they could do it. And they could do it up to the standard of a DCS-level module. You don't need to know the exact, classified intricacies of how everything works to model a reasonably realistic representation of the end product. People that complain about the realism are just trying avoid the reality that the F-22 exists and it kicks ass.

You don't need to know the exact, classified intricacies of how everything works to model a reasonably realistic representation of the end product.

You need these information else it's all gess.

People that complain about the realism are just trying avoid the reality that the F-22 exists and it kicks ass.

Wot ?

• Like 2

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Sounds like the Italian F-16, but the cockpit picture is from an older aircraft AFAIK, before OCU.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/F-16ADF_Italian_Air_Force.JPG

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/airframe-profile/1142/

The renders Previously posted of the old WIP F-16 pit was of a Block 25+ C. w/ Dual MFDs.

That would be cool also.

What's the fun part of getting an old block of the F-16?

For me; Avionics not previously done on any other SIM AFAIK. More challenging to employ like using the SU-25 and Mig-21, both of which are very fun to fly. Very interesting to me since I never work on old models, so I lot of thing I would have to learn, etc. Also, keep in mind that old block does not specify less capable some block 20 are more capable that some block 40.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

What's the fun part of getting an old block of the F-16? I would love a B52, I'd wait without problems. :)

i'd guess they'd be easier to make and get data for, not sure what the guy's intent on getting an older block was though

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

i'd guess they'd be easier to make and get data for, not sure what the guy's intent on getting an older block was though

I think because it's not an all singing and dancing modern version, yet has the correct toys (Aim-120(A) and Mavs) to still be very capable.

The Block 15 is also the most produced version too, and the OCU version came into existance in 1988, which means it's going to fit in with DCS's general 90's theme.

Plus, there's just something more engaging sim-wise about analogue cockpits :)

Somebody have cockpits photo from blk15 ocu ?

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Somebody have cockpits photo from blk15 ocu ?

Look for early picture of F-16 block 15Y. AFAIK, they look like early block 25 to 32.

Block 15 OCU: 214 Block 15 aircraft had the OCU kits fitted, a substantial number of which were sold to export customers. Modifications included radar upgrades, a new data transfer unit, expanded computer memory and new software. A new wide-angle HUD, combined radar-barometric altimeter, AN/APX-101 IFF and a ring laser gyro INS were added. In addition to this the more powerful Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 powerplant was fitted. Further structural strengthening was made and the range of weapons that could be carried was expanded to include the AIM-120 AMRAAM, AGM-65 Maverick and Penguin Mk3 anti-shipping missile. Finally, the aircraft had the AN/ALE-40 chaff/flare dispenser fitted and were now also capable of carrying the AN/ALQ-131 ECM pod. Due to all of these modifications the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft rose to 37,5000lb (17,010kg).

http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Lockheed_Martin_F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

just wait till the f-18 is released by ed, then the mod'ed f-16 that a few have been working on will get all the pretty features.

many thanks to those also putting forth the effort!

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Look for early picture of F-16 block 15Y. AFAIK, they look like early block 25 to 32.

http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Lockheed_Martin_F-16_Fighting_Falcon

F-16 blk15 OCU and F-16 ADF models have MFD's, or stores control panel on the left side with radar between pilots legs?

I was wrong, some look like older block 15

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=785&start=15

To whom it may concern,

F-16 blk15 OCU and F-16 ADF models have double MFD's, or stores control panel on left side ?

It depends, it is case by case depending on the specific aircraft. F-16 ADF used by Italy and and USN Block 15 had store control panel. Most OCU are converted to block 20 so it depends on the specific aircraft at a specific time.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

F-16A block15 OCU Cockpit

I find it there...

http://www.afwing.com/intro/f16_talk/f16_viper/f16_viper-17.htm

block15cockpit.jpg

Edited by SandMartin

block15cockpit.jpg.76a0e10bb2caf2bb2a0a1515957315ee.jpg

You have to go by specific tail number at specific time, can you see the tail number on the left side?

To whom it may concern,

[ATTACH]147279[/ATTACH]

You have to go by specific tail number at specific time, can you see the tail number on the left side?

No, i cant

Here, the author describes the OCU, ADF and MLU to be commingle updates.

direct PDF link

To whom it may concern,

F-16A%20Block%2010.JPG

I totally agree with this post. Early version of the F-16 will be a little bit more complex to develop than the F-5 for example. And it will be fun to fight and fly, comparable with the other late 80's early 90's 4-th gen. planes already available in DCS World. And I'm secretly hoping that Belsimtek will consider this project as a next logical step in module complexity.

And for the record - I do fly BMS and really like this sim. If ever F-16 is developed for DCS World I will fly both.

And to tell you the truth, I find the latest F-16 block 52 with all of its fancy stand off weapons a little bit boring, since you totally dominate your enemies and you stay far away from harms way. Learning all these complex avionics is fun, but I prefer the older versions and weapons where you fight hard with sams and defending planes to strike a target. So this is the reason again I prefer an older version to be developed for DCS World.

F-16A is a fine aircraft, but it wouldn't do much to alleviate the F-15C spamming of multiplayer. Air-to-air it would be very similar to the Mirage 2000C, and you're really looking for the Aim-7 and not the Aim-120A for the F-16A. Last I checked the AAMRAM didn't enter service until the 1990s, but correct me if I am wrong.:)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

... but correct me if I am wrong.:)

Your wrong.

To whom it may concern,

F-16A is a fine aircraft, but it wouldn't do much to alleviate the F-15C spamming of multiplayer. Air-to-air it would be very similar to the Mirage 2000C, and you're really looking for the Aim-7 and not the Aim-120A for the F-16A. Last I checked the AAMRAM didn't enter service until the 1990s, but correct me if I am wrong.:)

I remember what amraam was in the old 1988 game - "f-16 combat pilot".