How come there's no F16 / F22 in the game?

chlywly

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people want F-16 which materials are mostly available for. It must be in DCS. Whoever makes decision to postpone this project is weird.

+1

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

From The Battle Simulator website "Other aircraft are in development such as the F-16, F/A-18, and AH-64" - http://www.thebattlesim.com/

That's not to say we, the general public, will ever get the module. But it looks like ED are doing something F-16 related, for someone.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They have previously said they won't because BMS did a good sim of it, but I still think they should do it. BMS is based on an older engine than even flaming cliffs

Considering that the ED folks never compare themselves to any other simulation out there (and rightfully so), BMS does not exist in their minds. And why should ED use that as a reason not to make an F-16? The Falcon4 base game is outdated in so many ways (besides the dynamic campaign concept, maybe)...

Also, the sentiment that BMS is out there should not stop any other sim developer from doing what they want anyway. That's the same as saying: "Because car maker A already made a car, that car maker B should not make any cars, and nobody else shall either. ...always wondered where that notion is coming from; does F4/BMS somehow magically own the rights to any future F-16 development in the sim world? I think not.

Also, given the track-record and skills of ED, a DCS: F-16 module would be better than any other F-16 available in the flightsim market today.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I had made a reddit thread on it after the statement was made, it wasn't that long ago, it was 7 months ago. All it was, was one 3rd party dev stating why THEY didn't want to do it. Had nothing to do with ED.

This should be better left for ED to do anyway, in my opinion at least. To me, it's too much of a flightsim staple to be tackled by others. :music_whistling:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Oh dear, F-16A would be the ultimate troll move indeed. :D

No, the ultimate troll move would be the F-16N... it wasn't even combat capable.

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

haha, the would be cruel...

QF-16 ;-)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Oh man, what I wouldnt give for a full DCS F-16 module.

I guess the F-16C Block 30 to match the F/A-18C. Both entered service in 1987 afaik?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

F-16 we might get after the hornet.

F-22 on the other hand is classified.

Though the real reason that ED haven't done an f-22 is because people like me would never come away from their PCs until they died of malnutrition and then the familys would be trying to sue them and stuff.....

Edited by The Black Swan

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

DCS: RF-16 ;-)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Considering that the ED folks never compare themselves to any other simulation out there (and rightfully so), BMS does not exist in their minds. And why should ED use that as a reason not to make an F-16? The Falcon4 base game is outdated in so many ways (besides the dynamic campaign concept, maybe)...

Also, the sentiment that BMS is out there should not stop any other sim developer from doing what they want anyway. That's the same as saying: "Because car maker A already made a car, that car maker B should not make any cars, and nobody else shall either. ...always wondered where that notion is coming from; does F4/BMS somehow magically own the rights to any future F-16 development in the sim world? I think not.

Also, given the track-record and skills of ED, a DCS: F-16 module would be better than any other F-16 available in the flightsim market today.

Hey I'm just going off memory here, but it was an old post from probably 2012 or so. Who knows whether it was ED themselves or some 3rd party developer. It may even have been right when they were opening it up to 3rd party development.

Take it for what it is, an old guy remembering something someone said years ago ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly how Classified is the F-22A? it's an 80s Design... that took forever to enter service.

Lots 1-4 Had Older Radar systems, and Avionics..

We didnt travel into new Radars and Classified systems until Lot 5.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

DCS: F-22A Raptor confirmed?... lol

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly how Classified is the F-22A? it's an 80s Design... that took forever to enter service.

Lots 1-4 Had Older Radar systems, and Avionics..

We didnt travel into new Radars and Classified systems until Lot 5.

Well besides the obvious one of stealth, the systems details aren't very well publicized, or at least from what I've seen. The f-22 is Americas ace up their sleeve more or less, so ED getting permission might be a problem. I mean if America doesn't want to export it to allies I'm assuming a public sim would be extremely limited

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

IMHO the F-22 is a boring plane. Too new, too much "automated".

Don't say that, I would love to kill some Flankers using AMRAAM Ds, without they even know where I am.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well besides the obvious one of stealth, the systems details aren't very well publicized, or at least from what I've seen. The f-22 is Americas ace up their sleeve more or less, so ED getting permission might be a problem. I mean if America doesn't want to export it to allies I'm assuming a public sim would be extremely limited

It's not that they dont want to, it wasnt built to, and the program wasnt setup to export, plus there are other restrictions.

At one point Lockheed wanted to, Government said nope, because the program did not setup/develop/pay for an Export Variant, which would have specific items removed or replaced.

Since no such variant exists, it cannot be exported, even if the line was still running, and they said countries can order an export variant, they would all say nope, because they would have to foot the bill of developing the export version.

Lol what? What about the f-16 or hornet?

The F-22 is considerably more modern and automated than both of those.

Just look at the cockpit.

EDIT:

Although I am ready to admit that it could be kinda interesting in some aspects, just like a Eurofighter. Still if I have the choice, I'd pick any 4th gen aircraft over the F-22.

F22 is too new and too much would be classified so it wouldn't be a simulation to the level that ED aims for.

F16 (depending on the block)... I am honestly not sure why there isn't one, as it would be a huge seller. Maybe someday.

that "other sim" has a fully modeled F16C Block50/52.

IF ED can get the necessary Data on the early - mid 90s F/A18C block, It should be possible to find necessary data for a the similarly aged F16C block 52 . as far as technology goes, none of the two really having anything unique or high tech at this point.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

So were are getting Strait of Hormuz Map / Middle East terrain in the future right ? Man, the F16 would perfectly fit in to this scenario !!! , together with F18...

The F16 (A, C, block 50) is just simply much too awesome for not getting any attention by ED sooner or later...

Its like writing a book about pop stars and not mentioning Michael Jackson in a single line ;-)

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version