Main menu hangar

Einherjer

19 hours ago, Walshtimothy said:

Note , I noticed the sim runs better when the hangar model is set to nothing , anything you add in the hangar seems to drain resources as it will be there when you check f10 map so I did one of these dark and void , I'm in vr so every little helps lol 😆 

Can you share how you did this? Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

26 minutes ago, Walshtimothy said:

yeah ill post the file . cheers

Thank you!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

VRHANGAR_BLANK_NOSKY_VRPERFORMANCE_TEST dark.zip

setup for use with ovgme , use 7zip to open and drag contents to wherever you have ovgme mods saved

if you dont use ovgme the path in folders is same structure as dcs install , you can overwrite the original file but i dont recommend this. 

Cheers .

• Thanks 1

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

https://www.ww2adinfinitum.blog -  https://projectoverlord.co.uk/

5 minutes ago, Walshtimothy said:

VRHANGAR_BLANK_NOSKY_VRPERFORMANCE_TEST dark.zip 1.07 kB · 0 downloads

setup for use with ovgme , use 7zip to open and drag contents to wherever you have ovgme mods saved

if you dont use ovgme the path in folders is same structure as dcs install , you can overwrite the original file but i dont recommend this. 

Cheers .

Awesome thanks again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 9:35 PM, Walshtimothy said:

TWMOD-WW2 no load screens music files reduced.7z 29.3 MB · 6 downloads

heres a slimmed down ww2 mod i did for the home screen , have larger ones with ambient audio but its 1 gb , cheers .

Is there any chance you could make one for the Harrier / AV8B using this livery please ? ive tried and cant get it to work 😞 Harrier ZD433 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Thanks 1

Mosquito in your  VR hangar.

Purchased the Mosquito module over the holidays and "borrowed" permanently, my sons Oculus Quest 2. Wow, what a game changer from using the head tracker. Used this forum extensively to help me understand the use of the DCS 3D modeler and the editing of the .lua script. The result is below if any of you fancy standing underneath the wing. I tailored the VR position and the crew arguments so that you can look up into the cockpit and the crew is looking in your direction.

null 

package.path = package.path ..';./Scripts/DemoScenes/?.lua;'
local sceneEnvironment = require("demosceneEnvironment")

scene = {} -- сюда кладем все созданные объекты

function loadScene(scenePtr)
    sceneAPI = sceneEnvironment.getInterface(scenePtr)
    sceneAPI:setUpdateFunc('sceneVRUpdate')

scene.m            = sceneAPI:addModel("MosquitoFBMkVI_lod00", 2.0, 2.4, 0.8);
    scene.m.transform:setOrient(0, 0, 15);
    scene.m:setArgument(0, 1);
    scene.m:setArgument(3, 1);
    scene.m:setArgument(5, 1);
    scene.m:setArgument(349, 1); -- copilot window open
    scene.m:setArgument(38, 0.900); -- pilot hatch open 
    scene.m:setArgument(459, -1); -- pilot hit
    scene.m:setArgument(460, 0.688); -- copilot hit
    scene.m:setArgument(420, 0.887); -- pilot throttle hand forward
    scene.m:setArgument(337, 0.600); -- copilot head rotate
    scene.m:setArgument(99, -0.600); -- pilot head tilt
    scene.m:setArgument(39, 0.775); --pilot head rotate

local cam_level = 1.7

scene.cam        = sceneAPI:addCamera(4, cam_level , 2)
    scene.cam:setFarClip(1000.0)
    scene.cam:setFov(100)
    scene.cam.transform:lookAtPoint(-5.0, cam_level, 4);

scene.flr        = sceneAPI:addModel("shelter_floor", 0,0,0);
    scene.flr:drawToEnvironment(true);
    scene.flr.transform:scale(2,1.5,1.5);

scene.sh        = sceneAPI:addModel("ukrytie", 0,0,0); 
    scene.sh:drawToEnvironment(true);
    scene.sh.transform:scale(2,2,2);

scene.L1            = sceneAPI:addLightOmni(0, 25, 0,    1,0.8,0.5);
    scene.L1:setRadius(200);
    scene.L1:setAmount(1);

scene.cam:setActive()
end

--[0;1]
local function pingpong(length, t)
    local tt = (t%length)*2/length
    if tt>1 then tt = 2-tt end
    return tt
end

function sceneVRUpdate(t, dt)

end

image.png

Edited by Echo001
added image
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Echo001 said:

Mosquito in your  VR hangar.

Purchased the Mosquito module over the holidays and "borrowed" permanently, my sons Oculus Quest 2. Wow, what a game changer from using the head tracker. Used this forum extensively to help me understand the use of the DCS 3D modeler and the editing of the .lua script. The result is below if any of you fancy standing underneath the wing. I tailored the VR position and the crew arguments so that you can look up into the cockpit and the crew is looking in your direction.

null 

package.path = package.path ..';./Scripts/DemoScenes/?.lua;'
local sceneEnvironment = require("demosceneEnvironment")

scene = {} -- сюда кладем все созданные объекты

function loadScene(scenePtr)
    sceneAPI = sceneEnvironment.getInterface(scenePtr)
    sceneAPI:setUpdateFunc('sceneVRUpdate')

scene.m            = sceneAPI:addModel("MosquitoFBMkVI_lod00", 2.0, 2.4, 0.8);
    scene.m.transform:setOrient(0, 0, 15);
    scene.m:setArgument(0, 1);
    scene.m:setArgument(3, 1);
    scene.m:setArgument(5, 1);
    scene.m:setArgument(349, 1); -- copilot window open
    scene.m:setArgument(38, 0.900); -- pilot hatch open 
    scene.m:setArgument(459, -1); -- pilot hit
    scene.m:setArgument(460, 0.688); -- copilot hit
    scene.m:setArgument(420, 0.887); -- pilot throttle hand forward
    scene.m:setArgument(337, 0.600); -- copilot head rotate
    scene.m:setArgument(99, -0.600); -- pilot head tilt
    scene.m:setArgument(39, 0.775); --pilot head rotate

local cam_level = 1.7

scene.cam        = sceneAPI:addCamera(4, cam_level , 2)
    scene.cam:setFarClip(1000.0)
    scene.cam:setFov(100)
    scene.cam.transform:lookAtPoint(-5.0, cam_level, 4);

scene.flr        = sceneAPI:addModel("shelter_floor", 0,0,0);
    scene.flr:drawToEnvironment(true);
    scene.flr.transform:scale(2,1.5,1.5);

scene.sh        = sceneAPI:addModel("ukrytie", 0,0,0); 
    scene.sh:drawToEnvironment(true);
    scene.sh.transform:scale(2,2,2);

scene.L1            = sceneAPI:addLightOmni(0, 25, 0,    1,0.8,0.5);
    scene.L1:setRadius(200);
    scene.L1:setAmount(1);

scene.cam:setActive()
end

--[0;1]
local function pingpong(length, t)
    local tt = (t%length)*2/length
    if tt>1 then tt = 2-tt end
    return tt
end

function sceneVRUpdate(t, dt)

end

image.png

Superb , yes you can set damage and everything  , great work . If only we could have a nice ww2 hangar as an option like il2 .

On 1/13/2023 at 1:18 AM, mattjonesgr9 said:

Is there any chance you could make one for the Harrier / AV8B using this livery please ? ive tried and cant get it to work 😞 Harrier ZD433 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

No worries , I'm tied up these days sadly as my 4year old daughter has a brain tumor and in hospital now , harrier should be doable though .

• Like 1

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

On 1/14/2023 at 6:22 PM, Echo001 said:

8<

image.png

Outstanding!!

Now to just get Michael Palin as the pilot, and Graham Chapman as the co-pilot, and have a dialog play:

Palin: Please, sir, I'd like for both engines to remain on during take-off.
Chapman: Don't be such a ninny, you great gob spitting, teet-grasping, old goat.
Palin: We're gong to crash and die, sir.
Chapman: Oh, all right, you ninny.
Cleese (off in the corner, sitting at a desk): And now, for something completely different...

• Like 3

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I've now been able to swap to the Harrier in the hangar with my chosen livery but does anyone know how to remove the red FOD covers at all please ? 

20230119_083407.jpg

20230119_083409.jpg

Edited by mattjonesgr9

Hi Matt, Looks like you've ended up in a bit of wet concrete....

Try this one,

sceneVR Harrier ZD433.lua

Scoop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

Mod for SceneVR with the new KA-50 III

New high resolution floor

Animated beacon with the lua script.

Instal: Unzip "SceneVR KA-50 III v1.1.RAR" and copy in the directory where to find DCS   (ex: Steam/steamapps/common/)

Download link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328729/

SceneVR KA-50 III.jpg

AMD 7800X3D  |  Asus ROG Strix B650E-E |NVMe Crucial 2To | DDR5 Gskill 32Go 6000MHz |

RTX 4090 FE | Quest 3 |

27 minutes ago, Bigounet said:

Instal: Unzip "SceneVR KA-50 III v1.1.RAR" and copy in the directory where to find DCS   (ex: Steam/steamapps/common/)

Download link:

https://1fichier.com/?c3jiarqd60dba2xsbcq8

SceneVR KA-50 III.jpg

Awesome! Would something similar to this be possible with the Hornet?

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I managed to tweak and play with the CVN and plane models. I was wondering if there is any "Terrain" model that can be loaded to make a realistic ground level. This way for example I could make a WWII setup with planes parked on grass etc. Does anybody know if it can be done?

In the script, you define what the ground object is. EG:

scene.floor = sceneAPI:addModel("shelter_floor", 0,0,0);

"Sherlter_floor" can be found here: c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\Shapes\shelter_floor.edm. It's a simple model, 2d with no height.

With the shelter, that is also defined as and edm and set on top. You could do that with any number of objects, but I've heard that making the scene menu too complex could affect performance of the rest of DCS - just what I've heard.

Also, putting all kinds of 3d building all over is shooting quale with flak. You only ever have exactly one pov--unless you stand up and walk around your room and run into your walls o.O

I've though about how one might do this though with the least effort and performance requirement.

Setup a scene in SP like what you want in your scene menu. Stand in the middle and take screen shots in all directions.

Here's the part I technically don't know how to do, but I know could be done.

Create a wall model, simply a flat, vertical surface. Define these to be the four outer walls of your scene, so that you are basically in a box - a floor and four side walls.

Now skin the walls with the screenshots you took. You may have to adjust for parallax, but I'm sure that should be possible in a good graphics editor like Photoshop or GIMP.

Add some aircraft if you wish and off you go.

--

Afterthought, instead of 4 walls, make a cylinder and stich the screenshots to a 360° panorama and use that to skin the inside of the cylinder 👍

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 12/29/2022 at 12:22 AM, Walshtimothy said:

VRHANGAR_BLANK_NOSKY_VRPERFORMANCE_TEST dark.zip 1.07 kB · 56 downloads

Cheers .

Best sceneVR mod, EVER. Thank you!

Anyone tried changing the VR main menu "canvas" size? I'd like to increase it.

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

On 1/24/2023 at 7:47 AM, Bigounet said:

Download link:

https://1fichier.com/?c3jiarqd60dba2xsbcq8

SceneVR KA-50 III.jpg

$2.00 to download, nah I'll just wait.

user download files please, my web browser won't let me download.

reported as paid advertisement for files.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Just be advised there used to be an issue with the hanger taking vram - its the reason why most people dedicated on VR remove this and have a blank and black hanger - also the reason why people remove their WMR home if on a G2 etc. or steam vr home back in the day.

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

On 3/15/2023 at 9:58 PM, The LT said:

Best sceneVR mod, EVER. Thank you!

Anyone tried changing the VR main menu "canvas" size? I'd like to increase it.

you can move your camera position closer to this also 

sig sm.png

• 2 weeks later...