Is the Reputation system bugged?

Vitormouraa

I got one negative mark from Wags, of all people, LOL. The equivalent to a nuclear strike!

At my age it looks like I think it means I will be dead before I ever recover from a blow like that. I was not even rude or swearing. Just took his research on Allied bases in the South of England, together with maps including South of England from other posters, as meaning that the Normandy map would include England. Silly old me. Honest wrong assumption and allowed myself to be mislead. I will have zero rep for ever now me thinks.

:fear:

Well, I think we should positive rep you because that does seem a bit harsh.:sorcerer:

• Like 2

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone is to have their reputation damaged, then I consider that a serious matter which should be dealt with by moderators and fair judgment and disciplinary action taken.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Checking your posts you seem like a good guy, very friendly, i'll help you get out on of the mire with some rep. Don't let them grind you down.

Happy landings,

Uncle Frostie

• Like 2

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I helped fix it too. Since that was as pretty harsh story! Looks like you are fine now 56RAF_Talisman

Checking your posts you seem like a good guy, very friendly, i'll help you get out on of the mire with some rep. Don't let them grind you down.

Happy landings,

Uncle Frostie

• Like 2

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Love you guys, :)

Looks like I can start spreading some rep around now; I feel so powerful :D

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Wo wo, steady on man, watch where your flinging those 3 pointers........ ;)

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I got one negative mark from Wags, of all people, LOL. The equivalent to a nuclear strike!

I did a bad post in an very "active" thread (mixed up some info) and got a double. One from Sith, followed one minute later by Wags :music_whistling:

Fair cop on reflection due to the original content of that post :)

As Sith has kindly explained there is a weighting system, it explains why mine remained fairly static on one block for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...
Might have slightly changed with update. This is the current formula:

1 dark green bar for every 500 points, max 5 dark green bars,

bright green bar take 1000 points

Maximum 15 bars.

Hi Sith,

Sorry for asking, but I've been wondering about this question too. Got a lot of reputation posts, but my rep level stays at 11, with 2 green boxes... It doesn't increase...

Is this normal, or, is there something I should now?

Look, just wondering, not chasing reputation.

Some users have an abundantly high reputation score, with less posts written. Don't know why.

Rep list

Rep box

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Hi Sith,

Sorry for asking, but I've been wondering about this question too. Got a lot of reputation posts, but my rep level stays at 11, with 2 green boxes... It doesn't increase...

Is this normal, or, is there something I should now?

Look, just wondering, not chasing reputation.

Some users have an abundantly high reputation score, with less posts written. Don't know why.

Rep list

Rep box

Sven

I. Spent a long time on 9 rep power, then recently went straight to 12 without many more reps,. So not sure how it works or if there is some delay or maybe only gets bumped up annually or something.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

It's not how many reps but how many points. On the right, just above the rep list is the total number of reputation points. It takes 300 reputation points to raise your rep power by one point.

You will also get a point of rep power on your join date anniversary, as well as one point of rep power for every 500 posts.

If several of these milestones happen to coincide then your rep power could go up by several points in a short span of time.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The points you get from someone repping you is equal to the rep power of the person giving the rep. For example, if I were to rep you (like I just did), you would get 106 rep points.

Your current rep power is 12. Four of those points are anniversary points (which you will get another one on March 2nd), two are from post count and the rest are from rep given to you by others (reflected in the number above the rep list). That might be a little off since I seem to recall a point given when you are new to the forum, for something, perhaps your first 100 posts or something like that.

Based on that, I would guess the number above your rep list is between 1800 and 2099.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think I understand it...

The people who have me reputation are having low reputation on this forum.

Got a lot of reps, but the points did not go up.

So receiving a rep from somebody with a high reputation boosts the points, while helping out low rep members and receive a rep provides less of an impact...

So this rep system seems to promote the chosen ones.

Isn't novice people helping out a humble thing in a forum?

How is that rated?

Just asking (I may step on some toes here with this comment, I know)

[/TABLE]

The points you get from someone repping you is equal to the rep power of the person giving the rep. For example, if I were to rep you (like I just did), you would get 106 rep points.

Your current rep power is 12. Four of those points are anniversary points (which you will get another one on March 2nd), two are from post count and the rest are from rep given to you by others (reflected in the number above the rep list). That might be a little off since I seem to recall a point given when you are new to the forum, for something, perhaps your first 100 posts or something like that.

Based on that, I would guess the number above your rep list is between 1800 and 2099.

1587 point(s) total    

[/TABLE]

1587 point(s) total    

That reflects the rep power point that I don't know where it comes from.

I do agree, that from a standpoint of gaining rep, helping new/low rep power people is not beneficial. I have been repped, many times, by new people whose rep power is still zero. I don't care. I get much more satisfaction out of helping than I do from the pretty green bar or big rep power number.

It is rather like my age. I stopped counting a very long time ago. :D

• Like 1

One thing to keep in mind is that the rep system came with the forum software that ED bought/leased.