VSN flyable aircraft mods

Rudel_chw, would it be possible to use the Su35 mod, with the MiG29 A cockpit?

I own Flamming Cliffs 3.

I don't know, I only have the VSN Mods that I posted previously.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi!

Just after installing a bunch of the free modules on trial for this month all of my VSN mods stopped working. I can see them but i can no longer fly them.

Am I the only one with this issue ? Any ideas on which files are responsible for corrupting these mods? This happened on stable 2.5.5

Failure is not an option ~ NASA

Hi!

Any ideas on which files are responsible for corrupting these mods? This happened on stable 2.5.5

When you downloaded moduls for testing you perhaps noticed the latest DCS Updater 2.9.16.18 - it encrypts the DLL-Files.

All of your Mods which make use of for example FC3 content are useless now.

They still work in OpenBeta though…

Say thank you to those who carelessly spread Mods including the IP of ED.

I remember times when the Mod user had to copy the needed DCS files from his own installation which was usually tolerated by ED.

The good news are: Mods which have their own stuff (flight models, cockpits, …) will still work.

reusing FC3 files

I would not be against having to copy original files from DCS directories to Mods, and/or that ED checks that it runs only for legitimate owners of the original module (FC3 in that case). But It seems to me that even that does not work any more. Am I wrong ?

When you downloaded moduls for testing you perhaps noticed the latest DCS Updater 2.9.16.18 - it encrypts the DLL-Files.

All of your Mods which make use of for example FC3 content are useless now.

They still work in OpenBeta though…

Say thank you to those who carelessly spread Mods including the IP of ED.

I remember times when the Mod user had to copy the needed DCS files from his own installation which was usually tolerated by ED.

The good news are: Mods which have their own stuff (flight models, cockpits, …) will still work.

Thank you rifter! The mods still work on open beta indeed, and every original mod works too (mb339/A4). For some reason ISVA's SU-35 is still working also on stable even though it certainly uses fc3 files. And thank you razo+r for your quick update too!

@jjl9999 i own FC3 of course

Edited by stefasaki

Failure is not an option ~ NASA

I understand that VSN team had to stop using F15.dll (i.e. stop using AFM), and replaced to SFM. Have the SFM parameters been edited in the "plane".lua files to better tune this ? More generally, what is the best ressource to understand what the SFM parameters are and how the SFM parameters work ?

Thank you rifter! The mods still work on open beta indeed, and every original mod works too (mb339/A4). For some reason ISVA's SU-35 is still working also on stable even though it certainly uses fc3 files. And thank you razo+r for your quick update too!

@jjl9999 i own FC3 of course

Where can we get ISVA's SU-25 mod ? I found dead links in forum.

Is not possible to use the mods with the F15C Flaming Cliffs 3 flight model ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Have the SFM parameters been edited in the "plane".lua files to better tune this ? More generally, what is the best ressource to understand what the SFM parameters are and how the SFM parameters work ?

Some mods just take something generic as data base, others are explicitly modded towards the specific aircraft.

Main problem is mostly getting your hands on real data for the simulated aircraft.

You can for sure create feasible behaving SFM mods as the creators of the A-4 or the the MB339 have proved.

I usually compare the SFM data of a mod with the SFM-database of DCS which is a nice collection of all in-game planes (also AI-only planes) and replace the data with that when the mod is just generic.

For example Heatblur made a SFM model for their F-14 - it’s in the CoreMods directory.

Still the differences in flight behaviour are sometimes more placebo than real. The SFM approach is very simplified after all.

One quite sensitive data input are the moments of inertia - you usually find them in the config.lua file in the FM directory. Playing around with these has noticeable effect on flight behaviour.

They influence wether your aircraft feels light weighted or more heavy.

Play around with all values and see for yourself.

SFM and other parameters

All needed data is in the SFM, or there are other parameters that are influencing performances of the airplane ? ( Speeds, Weigths, thrusts, ....). If yes, what are the other parameters influencing airplane performance (other than AI case) ?

Other point: available in the download there are some more VSN Mods than those listed in the main post ( Super Etendard, Gripen, .... ) which is a good news !

Is not possible to use the mods with the F15C Flaming Cliffs 3 flight model ?

Yes or no ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

This is the status as I understand it since last update on 2.5.5 :

1/ 2.5.5: no.

2/ 2.5.6: still yes.

now, maybe somebody could find a by-pass for 2.5.5 ?

I tried some aircrafts ( 2.5.6 OB ) but they feel like Flaming Cliffs 2

• 3 weeks later...

For the guys running the Tornado, have you any issues trying to load up the fuel tanks, and ECM pods?

For some reason, neither are loading up for me, even on the default GR4 version.

I did have custom pods and fuel tanks, but when the 2.56 update happened, the .edm's stopped showing up in game for me.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Hello there, dear Oban.

To be honest, I never experienced any issues even with Tornados and OB latest releases, but I will check one more time only to be sure, and I'll let you know more further.

With best regards.

No wonder here, to me. All of those birdies still have Flaming Cliffs FMs, and so...

With best regards.

Thanks mate, appreciated, I tried to do a repair, and they're still not showing for me.. weird.

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Dear Oban,

I've just checked those Tornados. Nothing weird to report: I've been able, as usual, to load any kind of weapon, tank or device on its proper pylon (well, of course) from those available in their own database.

So, please tell me how and in what could I help you.

One more; sure do you already have tried to uninstall and re-install them from scratch, right?

With best regards.

Dear Oban,

I've just checked those Tornados. Nothing weird to report: I've been able, as usual, to load any kind of weapon, tank or device on its proper pylon (well, of course) from those available in their own database.

So, please tell me how and in what could I help you.

One more; sure do you already have tried to uninstall and re-install them from scratch, right?

With best regards.

Uninstalling DCS right now is not an option right now, as I'm overseas and I have over 140 GB of modules etc.

It's weird, as I ran a repair, but still can't get the BOZ/Skyshadows/Fuel pods to show, I've deleted and reinstalled the VSN Tornado twic now, I must be over looking something..It's not a massive issue though.

Thanks for that Jaghond

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit