[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

2 hours ago, Mik75 said:

Hi there! 

I have a Buttkicker Gamer (10 years old) that I use on the 3.5mm out of my onboard soundcard, coupled with an Logitech Pro X USB headset. I use the software Voicemeeter to send the sounds simultaneously into the Buttkicker and the USB headset. On the Buttkicker amp, I'm using the lowpass filter, so I get all the low frequencies on the Buttkicker. That works pretty good, and I've been using this setup for years. I'm getting rumble from the landing gear, stall buffeting, the weapons, etc., it's just all in the sounds of the aircraft already. 🙂

As I understand, Simshaker for Aviators creates dedicated low frequency effects for the aircraft you're in. Would that enhance my experience considerably, and would the software work with my setup? 

Thanks a lot in advance for any input! 🙂

Michael

Hi Michael,

You are right, but to be exact, SimShaker Sound Module as addon to SimShaker for Aviators creates the dedicated low frequency effects. SimShaker for Aviators itself provides output to vibrating pads as Gametrix, Realteus or NLR ones via USB.

Would that enhance my experience considerably,

Yes, I think so. 

You probably will find some links below helpful:

and would the software work with my setup? 

Yes, I think so. There is a demo mode with a limited set of the effects to check compatibility.
Don't forget to disable the 
Voicemeeter

• Thanks 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Hi Michael,

You are right, but to be exact, SimShaker Sound Module as addon to SimShaker for Aviators creates the dedicated low frequency effects. SimShaker for Aviators itself provides output to vibrating pads as Gametrix, Realteus or NLR ones via USB.

Yes, I think so. 

You probably will find some links below helpful:

Yes, I think so. There is a demo mode with a limited set of the effects to check compatibility.
Don't forget to disable the 
Voicemeeter

Thanks for getting back so quickly. 

So, I don't need Simshaker for Aviators, but rather Simshaker Sound Module? And this software does, beside creating the LFE, provide the sound output through my onboard soundcard while I'm using the Logitech headset through USB? 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

29 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Thanks for getting back so quickly. 

So, I don't need Simshaker for Aviators, but rather Simshaker Sound Module? And this software does, beside creating the LFE, provide the sound output through my onboard soundcard while I'm using the Logitech headset through USB? 

No, you need both.

beside creating the LFE, provide the sound output

SimShaker software has nothing to do with the game sound in this case, if you mean that. It provides only LF audio to feed bass-shakers. You can use your onboard soundcard for this purpose though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

No, you need both.

SimShaker software has nothing to do with the game sound in this case, if you mean that. It provides only LF audio to feed bass-shakers. You can use your onboard soundcard for this purpose though.

Ok, while I still use the USB headset? That´s why I used Voicemeeter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

9 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Ok, while I still use the USB headset? That´s why I used Voicemeeter.

Yes, while you use the USB headset. It becomes very helpful in this case, since we need 2 fully separate sound chains.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

31 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Yes, while you use the USB headset. It becomes very helpful in this case, since we need 2 fully separate sound chains.

Good lord! What a treat! 🙂 It just worked flawlessly right after install. That already convinced me! 😉

Unfortunately, piston and jet engine rumble aren´t part of the demo. But the demo effects really convinced me! The buffet stall in the F16 alone made me wanting it instantly! I dropped you an email to get the payment sorted! 

Edited by Mik75
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

I'm considering adding seperate transducer directly to my stick and throttle. The plan for the stick is to modifly effects specifically for stick as oopposed to one huge bass shaker I have under my seat to have general frame vibrations. I came up with this design for my 80mm extension. I'm planning to add this 25W 50mm transducer on separate channel. Actually I'm about to print this. Anyone tried something like that before?

RpRJUtI.jpg7UFCgGo.png8RhQwLh.png

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

I updated to the beta sound module today, and it seems like the jet engines feel is way to strong now.

Even at idle it's a constant powerful shake. Even turning the engine rumble/piston beat down to 0 is stronger than it was before. It only goes away if I disable the engine rumble.

Works fine on the version 2.32 sound module though.

1 hour ago, ry-ballz said:

I updated to the beta sound module today, and it seems like the jet engines feel is way to strong now.

Even at idle it's a constant powerful shake. Even turning the engine rumble/piston beat down to 0 is stronger than it was before. It only goes away if I disable the engine rumble.

Works fine on the version 2.32 sound module though.

Thank you for the feedback. It can be felt differently with different bass-shaker models. You can easily revert it back as descibed here https://simshaker.com/news/all/
There is the readme. txt file inside the archive.

14 hours ago, wasyl00 said:

I'm considering adding seperate transducer directly to my stick and throttle. The plan for the stick is to modifly effects specifically for stick as oopposed to one huge bass shaker I have under my seat to have general frame vibrations. I came up with this design for my 80mm extension. I'm planning to add this 25W 50mm transducer on separate channel. Actually I'm about to print this. Anyone tried something like that before?

RpRJUtI.jpg7UFCgGo.png8RhQwLh.png

Hopefully it will not kill this precise equipment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@=Andre= Found it!!!

After messing around and investigating some export scripts I found out that there was a minor conflict with the Volanta export .lua

Did a new install and everything works now as it should!

Thx for your support!

• Like 2

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

Hi I Keep getting this new SSA version available but cannot find the changelog to update to 2.6.2. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

null

image.png

image.png

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

13 minutes ago, Mordants said:

Hi I Keep getting this new SSA version available but cannot find the changelog to update to 2.6.2. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

null

Added

• GForce/Feeling effect can now be enabled on ground and disabled while in the air

Changed

• SimConnect box renamed to MSFS SimConnect

Fixed

• Workaround for MSFS H145 helicopters added
  • Logging enabled on startup
  • UWVeditor issue when started from settings window / taskbar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Added

• GForce/Feeling effect can now be enabled on ground and disabled while in the air

Changed

• SimConnect box renamed to MSFS SimConnect

Fixed

• Workaround for MSFS H145 helicopters added
  • Logging enabled on startup
  • UWVeditor issue when started from settings window / taskbar

I'm delighted you have told me what the changes are but not as requested where to find the actual download.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

1 hour ago, Mordants said:

I'm delighted you have told me what the changes are but not as requested where to find the actual download.

Hi,

https://github.com/SimShaker-for-Aviators/SimShaker-for-Aviators-Releases/releases

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

6 hours ago, Mordants said:

It also shared on the very first post of this thread

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

7 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

It also shared on the very first post of this thread

I'm not sure if I can be any clearer in my request. The latest update shows beta-2.6.2   see my post above and pic below. The latest file in the assets section on the github page is v2.6.1

I've looked all over the github pages trying to find 2.6.2. to no avail

I have updated this file in the past loads of times with no trouble at all. (I have had the simshaker jetpro a couple of years). Perhaps I'll just tick the box do not notify me of any updates save the stress.

image.pnglatest beta release.png

12 hours ago, fagulha said:

Every click takes me to version 2.6.1

11 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Hurrah a link that works. Thanks Andre. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mordants said:

Every click takes me to version 2.6.1

The link was working for me that´s why i posted. Glad you sorted it out. Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I do not know if this is the correct forum - I downloaded the latest beta Simshaker Sound module - but the installer does not work!
I'm currently at version 2.32 (beta SimShaker Sound Module)

Edited by FrankT118

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D @ 3.8 Ghz / X570 Aorus Elite  / MSI GeForce RTX 3080 / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz
HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, FrankT118 said:

I do not know if this is the correct forum - I downloaded the latest beta Simshaker Sound module - but the installer does notr work!
I'm currently at version 2.32 (beta SimShaker Sound Module)

what's the problem with the installer? any error messages?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]