[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

8 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Rather unsurprisingly, Simshaker isn't working with the new Multi-threading.  I assume that it's as simple as ED introducing an additional BIN folder for the MT exe to run from.

Is that something that we could real with by an edit to any of the files for Simshaker, such that it looks at the correct folder, or will there need to be an update to the Simshaker installer and exe?

Mine seems to work

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Hey guys, ever so often my jetseat will shut off and say "Connection to tcp server closed" and I have to turn it off by the controller and back on again in order for it to work. Any ideas why this is happening? It's been happening since before the MT patch.

On 3/10/2023 at 4:54 PM, Mr_sukebe said:

Rather unsurprisingly, Simshaker isn't working with the new Multi-threading.  I assume that it's as simple as ED introducing an additional BIN folder for the MT exe to run from.

Is that something that we could real with by an edit to any of the files for Simshaker, such that it looks at the correct folder, or will there need to be an update to the Simshaker installer and exe?

Mine didn't work. Though after renaming my Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder and doing a slow repair (to see if I got any better performance with MT) it now does!

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Ah, massive false alarm.

I’d accidentally pulled the power lead out.

in short “user error”

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

The VRS effect on Apache doesn't seem to do anything. I tried disabling all other effects and flying the Apache into VRS every way imaginable but didn't get any output. Other effects appear to work. Does anyone else have this problem / is this a known issue / am I missing something?

On 3/4/2023 at 4:36 PM, Draken35 said:

G- Force effect is not disengaging sometimes. Not plane specific and I have not been able to discern a pattern. Loading the plane to a tad above the setting and unloading it, stops the stuck effect. The actual thresholds of the effect do not seem to matter either.

image.png

Does anybody else has the G effect stuck issue?

I've been working with f410 in trying to reproduce on demand the issue, so he is able to troubleshot, but I've been unsuccessful so far

Hi Guys, I wonder if you can help me out here.  I have Version 2.6 installed and all working good, even in the new MT beta.  However, I want to make some adjustment but I cannot find how to access the User Interface.  Just cannow find anything.....

All help would be appreciated.

Taffy

2 minutes ago, taffy001 said:

Hi Guys, I wonder if you can help me out here.  I have Version 2.6 installed and all working good, even in the new MT beta.  However, I want to make some adjustment but I cannot find how to access the User Interface.  Just cannow find anything.....

All help would be appreciated.

Taffy

After starting sim shaker for aviators, do you see an icon in the task bar? Right click and there are options there.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

On 3/11/2023 at 8:30 AM, =Andre= said:

I'm afraid this can't be a JetSeat message.

When this happens I have to completely shut down SimShaker and restart or it won't work. Any ideas?

image.png

Edited by JSpidey

Thanks Unlikley_spider.....................
That sort of worked - There is an icon in my taskbar, but that only gave me 3 useless options (pin to taskbar etc).  However when I used the arrow to show hidden icons it was there and had an option to open settings..........and it worked.  Not sure why not in the taskbar ...but has solved the problem
Thanks for your help
Taffy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, taffy001 said:
Thanks Unlikley_spider.....................
That sort of worked - There is an icon in my taskbar, but that only gave me 3 useless options (pin to taskbar etc).  However when I used the arrow to show hidden icons it was there and had an option to open settings..........and it worked.  Not sure why not in the taskbar ...but has solved the problem
Thanks for your help
Taffy

They are different types of icons.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have question about simshaker.

If I have the motherboard sound connected to an amplifier/buttkicker, and a secondary sound card connected to another audio amplifier/tactile transducer,

Is it possible to have simshaker sound module send some effects to the motherboard sound, and other effects to the second sound card?

As an example, I like the turbulence to go the second sound card, and all other effects to go to the motherboard sound.

@=Andre=

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

33 minutes ago, hannibal said:

I have question about simshaker.

If I have the motherboard sound connected to an amplifier/buttkicker, and a secondary sound card connected to another audio amplifier/tactile transducer,

Is it possible to have simshaker sound module send some effects to the motherboard sound, and other effects to the second sound card?

As an example, I like the turbulence to go the second sound card, and all other effects to go to the motherboard sound.

@=Andre=

No, in the current implementation of the SimShaker Sound Module it's not possible. Only one sound card with up to 6 audio channels is supported.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

No, in the current implementation of the SimShaker Sound Module it's not possible. Only one sound card with up to 6 audio channels is supported.

Ok, how about Is it possible to send one effect to one of the channels and the rest to other channels?

Example turbulence to only the front right speaker, and other effects to other channels

Edited by hannibal

15 minutes ago, hannibal said:

Ok, how about Is it possible to send one effect to one of the channels and the rest to other channels?

Example turbulence to only the front right speaker, and other effects to other channels

Basically that's possible. It's not hard to edit the correcpondent sample in a sound editor as Audacity for example. You can keep the waveform only in the channel(s) where you need it.
But... as far as I'm concered the tubulence uses the very same sample as the ground bumps and the belly landing effects. Is it fine with you that those effects will change as well?
If not, I'm afraid  some changes inside SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker Sound Module code are needed.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@=Andre= is this the better thread to ask (than the old "discussion thread"?) 

Excited to dive into this too - 

I am currently building with 2 shakers (Reckhorn A2.1 & 2xBS200)  and one HF8 pad in mind. 

Quick question - I'd like to use the two shakers in"front" underneath my Cockpit platform and one on the chair. 
I figure the Stereo Setup is the way to go ? Will I need to edit anything so that the software doesnt think "left /right" but "Front/Back" ? 

Also in the test / Demo mode I had a constant rumble/shake while flying - which made other effects not noticable. I assume this was due to settings error that the shaker only read the audio rather than the telemetry thats activated by SimShaker software ? 

Just need my activation now and really test it 🙂

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

22 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Basically that's possible. It's not hard to edit the correcpondent sample in a sound editor as Audacity for example. You can keep the waveform only in the channel(s) where you need it.
But... as far as I'm concered the tubulence uses the very same sample as the ground bumps and the belly landing effects. Is it fine with you that those effects will change as well?
If not, I'm afraid  some changes inside SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker Sound Module code are needed.

Ok np. I have no problem looking into editing audio files

Hello guys,

I'm trying to update SS sound module and every time I launch the installer I get this message error. I tried different things like running as admin but was unsucessful so far. Any idea ?

it says: Error 1001. Impossible to get the program installer in the assembly C:\programfilesxxxxx

SimShakerSoundModule.exe impossible to load one or more required types.

Thanks for the help !

image.png

Edited by Baz737

13 hours ago, Baz737 said:

Hello guys,

I'm trying to update SS sound module and every time I launch the installer I get this message error. I tried different things like running as admin but was unsucessful so far. Any idea ?

it says: Error 1001. Impossible to get the program installer in the assembly C:\programfilesxxxxx

SimShakerSoundModule.exe impossible to load one or more required types.

Thanks for the help !

Please uninstall the previous version first.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

null

the bass shakers and SSM work really well. Now I am trying to get the Next Level HF8 to work with the software.

it works with the normal software the NLR provides, vibrating correctly across all motors, but in the SSA from @=Andre= it always shows as „not connected“ or found when using „forcefeel“ option.  It doesn’t matter wether it’s AUX or USB mode, With bass shaker and pad I have selected „2shakers“ as option.
im on the beta version of software ; does the pad need any other settings or software running to be found by SSA ? 

It even works with the REALTUS FORCE FEEL software ( see 2nd pic) 

null
the pad works and vibrates - the software doesnt find it ? 

nullnull

image.png

image.png

Edited by Thanatos31
added pic

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10