[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Question? as a workaround . Can I (with MSI viewer) extract all these msi files and just dump them in my working SimShaker Sound folder?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D @ 3.8 Ghz / X570 Aorus Elite  / MSI GeForce RTX 3080 / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz
HP Reverb G2

35 minutes ago, FrankT118 said:

Question? as a workaround . Can I (with MSI viewer) extract all these msi files and just dump them in my working SimShaker Sound folder?

Yes, I think it will work out.

If not, I can provide you with the set of files as zip archive.

BTW, have you unistalled the previous beta version?

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

32 minutes ago, FrankT118 said:

did the uninstall of beta 2.32 - install of beta 2.35 still does not work
can you send me the zip files?

beta SimShaker Sound Module 2.35.zip

44 minutes ago, FrankT118 said:

No - did not uninstall the previous beta version - should I have done that ?

It may be helpful in case of any troubles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just created an easier to use web page, not perfect yet, but maybe easier to use: https://simshaker-for-aviators.github.io/SimShaker-for-Aviators-Releases/

I've currently some family related issues which need my attentions thus I'm a bit quite...

Edited by f4l0
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, f4l0 said:

I just created an easier to use web page, not perfect yet, but maybe easier to use: https://simshaker-for-aviators.github.io/SimShaker-for-Aviators-Releases/

I've currently some family related issues which need my attentions thus I'm a bit quite...

Looks like the link on the Latest beta release plate still gets us to version 2.6.1 
https://github.com/SimShaker-for-Aviators/SimShaker-for-Aviators-Releases/releases/tag/beta-2.6.1
Could you please update it?

We wish you a speedy successful resolution of the issues that have arisen. Good luck!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I already have this USB sound card, link below;

Vention

Would this be enough to work with a Buttkicker Plus I've just ordered?

I've also emailed, Andre, for licence.

Interested to see how this works out as do miss the "other effects" when flying as I'm always trying to be heads up and only glancing at the dials.

Cheers

Edited by Toastfrenzy

30 minutes ago, Toastfrenzy said:

I already have this USB sound card, link below;

Vention

Would this be enough to work with a Buttkicker Plus I've just ordered?

Looks good. At least it's worth trying. 

The Buttkicker plus already features some embedded USB sound card. I've heard people use it. Please bear in mind that SimShaker software allows to connect only 1 sound card currently.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Looks good. At least it's worth trying. 

The Buttkicker plus already features some embedded USB sound card. I've heard people use it. Please bear in mind that SimShaker software allows to connect only 1 sound card currently.

Thanks Andre - just sent email too!

I'll plug the Buttkicker Plus in and see if I can select under the dedicated sound card options.

Edited by Toastfrenzy

Hi and Thanks for a great program!  It’s working perfectly in MSFS controlling my HF8 haptic seat.              

But I can’t seem to get it to connect in DCS (ver 2.7.14).  I have searched the forum but cannot seem to find my particular issue.

The Seat handler shows “Force feed State: OK”  but the Simconnect box in “Special Options” says “Status: X” in red letters.  The “DCS Export Folder” is pointing to …\saved games\DCS\Scripts. 

I tried reinstalling all three modules of the legacy Simconnect download, but still no connection.   I am unable to feel vibrations while on the runway ready for takeoff  in DCS.  “Test vibe-motors” sends vibration to the seat but nothing else seems to be connected correctly.

I’m sure I am overlooking something, I just don’t know what it is.    Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

6 hours ago, billythebassman said:

Hi and Thanks for a great program!  It’s working perfectly in MSFS controlling my HF8 haptic seat.              

But I can’t seem to get it to connect in DCS (ver 2.7.14).  I have searched the forum but cannot seem to find my particular issue.

The Seat handler shows “Force feed State: OK”  but the Simconnect box in “Special Options” says “Status: X” in red letters.  The “DCS Export Folder” is pointing to …\saved games\DCS\Scripts. 

I tried reinstalling all three modules of the legacy Simconnect download, but still no connection.   I am unable to feel vibrations while on the runway ready for takeoff  in DCS.  “Test vibe-motors” sends vibration to the seat but nothing else seems to be connected correctly.

I’m sure I am overlooking something, I just don’t know what it is.    Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

The SimConnect box will not turn green. It's only for SimConnect (MSFS).
Could I see you export.lua in the DCS profile folder?

@f4l0

Hi, Just installed, plugged in my new buttkicker plus , getting these errors. The app doesn't auto start, when starting manually.

I've updated .Net etc - didn't have any updates to apply.

Trying uninstall reinstall see if anything changes

Win 11

I9

32GB

all less than 2 months old

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.DCSDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)
   at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9139.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SimShaker for Aviators
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9075.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
NLog
    Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.1.0.1480
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/NLog.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
NLog.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.0.0.510
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/NLog.Windows.Forms.DLL
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Toastfrenzy

Hi @f4l0

The re-install seemed to resolve the earlier problem, set up and now using - all is fine except I get no effect when firing the P-51 guns? When testing generic guns through the sound module it all works, but in DCS with P-51 firing guns no effects felt. I've added a screenshot of my tuned settings.

image.png

Edited by Toastfrenzy

3 hours ago, Toastfrenzy said:

Hi @f4l0

The re-install seemed to resolve the earlier problem, set up and now using - all is fine except I get no effect when firing the P-51 guns? When testing generic guns through the sound module it all works, but in DCS with P-51 firing guns no effects felt. I've added a screenshot of my tuned settings.

image.png

Please disable unlimited ammo in DCS.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a new HF8 seatpad. It has 8 motors. They test fine in the simshaker tool. The thing works, in that general seat rumbles and directional G works. However, the ones in the back do not seem to be active. Is there a way to send certain effects to certain motors? If so, how?

I would love to have non-directional G feel in the seat and have AoA indications in the back, so I can distinguish clearly and fly better.

Also the UWVeditor thing sends a bunch of error messages and crashes if I try to run it.

Spoiler

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at UWVeditor.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edited by schurem

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

On 4/21/2023 at 5:18 PM, billythebassman said:

@f4l0

Thanks for the reply.  Here is the export.lua file.

Export.lua 439 B · 2 downloads

Its bit messy. You may try the repair function of SSA

After upgrading PC, I have a new problem even though the integrated audio driver (realtek) and usage (front audio jack, 2nd output) are the same.

For some unknown reason, I need to unplug and plug (replug?) the 3.5mm plug into the front jack to get the butt kicker to work. Testing shows the graph like normal but the transducer doesn't move. Anyone experienced this issue before and know a solution? Still running windows 10.

Andre,

My old jet-seat that I bought from you years ago finally gave up the ghost, so I replaced it with the Next Level Racing HF-8 which I think is a re-labeled Realteus Force FeeI Seat.  It seems to work great with your software, however, I am getting the following error occasionally in both DCS and MSFS.  I am using SSA (2.62)  and SSS (2.32).  The seat handler is version 1.0.0.10.  Any idea of the cause?

When the error occurs, the vibration stops and when I acknowledge it, the vibration resumes.  Is there anyway to automatically override the error?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

jetseta error.PNG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

On 4/23/2023 at 8:43 PM, TWC_Alamo said:

Andre,

My old jet-seat that I bought from you years ago finally gave up the ghost, so I replaced it with the Next Level Racing HF-8 which I think is a re-labeled Realteus Force FeeI Seat.  It seems to work great with your software, however, I am getting the following error occasionally in both DCS and MSFS.  I am using SSA (2.62)  and SSS (2.32).  The seat handler is version 1.0.0.10.  Any idea of the cause?

When the error occurs, the vibration stops and when I acknowledge it, the vibration resumes.  Is there anyway to automatically override the error?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

jetseta error.PNG

HF8 Seats are currently not officially supported by SSA.