[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hey guys I was just wanting to ask why the cannon or gun on the blackshark is so weak, and seems to work sometimes and sometimes not at all? I found this thread (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2973519) with someone there saying the same thing so I dont think this is just my problem. Anyone know of a fix?

I have noticed this too. However, for me the strength of the effect depends on the cannon rate of fire selected - if the ROF is set to low the effect is normal, if set to high the effect is noticeably weak. I wonder if that is the same for you?

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

If the rounds per minutes (RPM) is under a certain limit, single gun fire effects are triggered. If the RPM is greater than this threshold a constant vibration is played. Maybe, due to continues, playback the effect feels weak since it has no heavy start/end points.

Anyway, I'll check the code and see what I can do...

Edited by f4l0

Cannon's feel weak

I agree. The cannon on the A-10C feels great but the guns on the P-51 feel weak. I have both set at 100 too. If you guys adjust the slider for the test volume does it create static as you slide the slider because mine does? You may need to output to regular speakers to hear it better.

I am getting no Engine Rumble in the Spit. I have all other effects off and ER set to 100%. I even rebooted my pc to try and fix it.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I am getting no Engine Rumble in the Spit. I have all other effects off and ER set to 100%. I even rebooted my pc to try and fix it.

Last time I checked this, DCS didn't provide the necessary data. Maybe I have some spare time at the weekend to revisit this...

Ok. It would be nice if effects that are not available were disabled so time is not wasted trying to fix it. :smilewink: As a programmer myself, I always disabled features that have not been implemented yet.

So, I flew the P-51D to check the engine rumble in that aircraft and it worked fine. But I noticed that the Taxi bump and roll does not work. I don't want to waste time testing that if it is also not functional. But I have no way of telling if it is functional or not.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Ok. It would be nice if effects that are not available were disabled so time is not wasted trying to fix it. :smilewink: As a programmer myself, I always disabled features that have not been implemented yet.

So, I flew the P-51D to check the engine rumble in that aircraft and it worked fine. But I noticed that the Taxi bump and roll does not work. I don't want to waste time testing that if it is also not functional. But I have no way of telling if it is functional or not.

If you like, you can join the beta testing program and thus help with finding bugs in the beta stage. As a single (not payed) developer it is very hard and time consuming to test every feature at each software iteration...

Yes, I have joined the beta testing. I helped debug the L/R engine rumble sound files that were mono.

I didn't know that you didn't get paid!! Why don't you get paid if he is selling your work? And what if you decide to leave the project. Oh well,.. it's none of my business. :cry:

Actually, I find the beta testing very difficult when so much time is spent debugging something that is enabled in the interface, but later I found out that it has not even been programmed to work. It's a lot of wasted time. If I knew that every feature that was enabled should actually work, then I would be more interested in testing it.

Yes, I have joined the beta testing. I helped debug the L/R engine rumble sound files that were mono.

I didn't know that you didn't get paid!! Why don't you get paid if he is selling your work? And what if you decide to leave the project. Oh well,.. it's none of my business. :cry:

Actually, I find the beta testing very difficult when so much time is spent debugging something that is enabled in the interface, but later I found out that it has not even been programmed to work. It's a lot of wasted time. If I knew that every feature that was enabled should actually work, then I would be more interested in testing it.

Lets not talk about business. I'm doing this for fun and SSA is free. Thus nobody is selling something...

Ah its Andy I guess :-D Let's talk in our chat and stop this here...

Yes turning rate of fire to low fixed the problem I guess high and low are mixed up. One other thing not sure if it's simshaker related but very occasionally my jetseat will stop vibrating for a few moments before starting up again. Anyone else have this problem?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

The threshold is 400 RPM. The KA50 has 600 and 350 RPM mode. Currently the fast firing mode already gets a boost in effect strength of 10% compared to the slow firing mode. However, if the effect is already at 100% the boost will not work...

The threshold is 400 RPM. The KA50 has 600 and 350 RPM mode. Currently the fast firing mode already gets a boost in effect strength of 10% compared to the slow firing mode. However, if the effect is already at 100% the boost will not work...

As it is now I am happy with it and it needn't be any higher, just wondering if low ROF should work much better than a high ROF of which the vibration is very weak.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Quick question for the devs (or anyone else that might know):

Where does SimShaker store it user settings/config file(s)?

I'm reformatting my PC and would like to carry the file over if possible...it'd be a pain to set up all those module profiles again...

Cheers,

Fubar.

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Quick question for the devs (or anyone else that might know):

Where does SimShaker store it user settings/config file(s)?

I'm reformatting my PC and would like to carry the file over if possible...it'd be a pain to set up all those module profiles again...

Cheers,

Fubar.

You can export the settings from the application. Its under File->Export settings.

You can export the settings from the application. Its under File->Export settings.

Thank you very much :thumbup:

Sorry if this has already been discussed:

Does anyone else notice that when you take off in the A-10, the ground rolling effects never cease but continue for the rest of the flight? This seems new, I remember in December you could distinctly tell when the wheels left the ground.

Yes, I have noticed that it happens once in a while, not every time. I've been seeing that for several months and also reported it.

I'm not sure how it is coded to know when to stop. Is it looking at the radar altitude, or airspeed, or does the game have some data indicating that the aircraft has left the ground? I don't know. But it does not always work. Maybe there should be a second check at some point to ensure that effect get's turned off..

We basically check for the compression of the landing gear strut... It would be great to have a track file showing this effect. Might be some rounding error in the float/double representation...

I uploaded a video of this a while back of the bumps/rolling effect continuing after takeoff. But for some reason I didn't post it here. I think I wasn't sure of the cause. Because maybe the game had crashed or froze up, so I wasn't sure if it was a game problem or SSA problem.

And just now I did some quick tests. On the first test the everything went fine. But on the second and third tests there were no runway bumps/rolling effect at all.

When exiting the game and loading it again, the game froze. Then it loaded ok, and on the third test the runway bumps started ok, then they just stopped when I was half way down the runway.

Tracks attached.. :cry:

Here is my track.

Notice as I increase throttle with the breaks engaged, the rolling ground effect begins even though the aircraft is not moving forward; it's just pressing down on the gear struts. The effect continues even after I lift off.

DCS is reporting that you are moving and thus the effect is triggered. This can also be seen in the external view. However, I'll adjust the threshold but then very slow movement will not be covered.

Edit: I guess I found a good threshold it's 0.5ktn GS

Edited by f4l0

I uploaded a video of this a while back of the bumps/rolling effect continuing after takeoff. But for some reason I didn't post it here. I think I wasn't sure of the cause. Because maybe the game had crashed or froze up, so I wasn't sure if it was a game problem or SSA problem.

And just now I did some quick tests. On the first test the everything went fine. But on the second and third tests there were no runway bumps/rolling effect at all.

When exiting the game and loading it again, the game froze. Then it loaded ok, and on the third test the runway bumps started ok, then they just stopped when I was half way down the runway.

Tracks attached.. :cry:

I tested your files. Everything is ok on my side. Let's talk again in our chat...