Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I don't really think its a problem with fighters. Red was pressing on PAC 5 which is one of Blue's main strongholds. More fighter presence is normal since they take off and are right there. Also, its nice to see blue in fighters. Thats something they have been missing these past rounds. The problem I see with fighters is the 530D being a much more superior missile to everything else.

Lastly, there is a huge issue with the SU25T. The 25MPUs are broken and do not work correctly. Can Red get the A-10C just like Blue, Blue has both, until this is fixed?

I know the counter argument of, "well Red has the KA50" is coming. While that is true, the KA50 is not an A-10C and does not carry near the abilities that the A-10C carries. As others have suggested, why not give blue the KA50 and Red the A-10C like it was before round 8? Those were the best and most balanced rounds.

Edit: Maybe get rid of the bombers all together so people are forced into skill based roles instead of just calling in the AI? Just a side thought. Or take away bomber call ins from the Gazelle and go back to it just being the L39 and the Hawk like it was.

Viggen would make a great role, To replace A.I bombers? As its strike and out quick, Id prefer that kind of role. In and out gone.

Been asking for this a long time but its the popular vote which Blue Flag is. I get that, but I think there's a point when groups grow out of BF for this reason. The more you enforce the more it annoys small sections. It's still a great place for early learners to find out something great about the game and BF is as frustrating as DCS is, in that the potential is out of this world, but the execution is held back with no hope of realisation. It was great until round 4ish when it became too popular and attracted some negative elements. If it could only get a choice of something slightly more serious but still accessible without having the picked group and pre-signup pricate event style.

Anyway, Fighters are a neccessity, you need to go A-10C and try to play in the standard air dominance loiter role....then you realise, its either strong cap or bleh, serial death. I've not checked recently, but there were days when you could pop down to the 104th and get an excellent CAP service and start knocking holes in their airfields. Unfortunately, even semi forcing people to do comms just doesn't work well enough to get full on cooperation and its possibly the one thing that divides winning from losing.

My top wishes regarding the new upcoming year are rather simple. I'd love to see an "Elite" Blue Flag server popping up on top of the current one with SRS being mandatory, people using package callsigns and actually doing appropriate procedures, two dedicated GCI & ATC (for instance) in each side controlling specific PAKs, multiple frequencies with brevity codes usage, AAR for each sides, removed own-posit marker, realistic NATO vs Varsaw Pact scenario, BARCAP/TARCAP with COMAO, limited controlled airfield with appropriate spacing between each airfield to avoid Air Quake style (think about Anapa -> Kutaisi to get the picture, you get the idea) more controls reguarding registration process, detailed briefing. In other words, a server that would fit for most virtual fighter wings which are keen of hardcore simulation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My top wishes regarding the new upcoming year are rather simple. I'd love to see an "Elite" Blue Flag server popping up on top of the current one with SRS being mandatory, people using package callsigns and actually doing appropriate procedures, two dedicated GCI & ATC (for instance) in each side controlling specific PAKs, multiple frequencies with brevity codes usage, AAR for each sides, removed own-posit marker, realistic NATO vs Varsaw Pact scenario, BARCAP/TARCAP with COMAO, limited controlled airfield with appropriate spacing between each airfield to avoid Air Quake style (think about Anapa -> Kutaisi to get the picture, you get the idea) more controls reguarding registration process, detailed briefing. In other words, a server that would fit for most virtual fighter wings which are keen of hardcore simulation.

We worked on a squadrons only "Blue Flag" version, after having a meeting with many squadron leaders. That version would bring the most of what you wish for.

But we face some stability issues that would ruin the experience.

We hope to get it ready in the near future.

Greg, The AI F-16's at Kobuleti will not scramble. I have watched them for the last two nights sit on the field and not move while the Batumi F-16 scramble, the hostile contacts were coming from the North.

JD

AKA_MattE

Thanks will check it out. Should upload new mission files with the final skins etc during the weekend.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

We worked on a squadrons only "Blue Flag" version, after having a meeting with many squadron leaders. That version would bring the most of what you wish for.

But we face some stability issues that would ruin the experience.

We hope to get it ready in the near future.

Greg

Wow Greg, thanks for your lightning-fast answer. It sounds really promising to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where are you located and what is your ISP?

Scarface is my countryman. Same ISP.

Without VPN my connection is prone to disco. We realize that's just our unlucky being too far away from the server.

Cheers.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Also, Greg, when can 1st person driving SAM vehicles testing finally begin? :) (been waiting to ask this question again since I last asked about this some months ago...) With the new network code this should be tested as soon as possible :)

Tested again mate with some moving units etc but the server has some lag issues even without them so we deal with this currently.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

So just to be clear buddy spike will run 2 servers one for the "Elitists" And one for open public?

I'm hoping one server for people that can join TS/SRS and tell their arse from their elbow and one where people like last night who climb into an A-10C in Kutaisi and fly south off the map.

It's a simple thing, north, south, but people find ways of getting on the current Blue Flag server and using it as some kind of multiplayer toilet.

(I'm refrencing play within the last 10 hours without exaggerating. I feel entitled to play online with people who are at least understanding what the objectives of joining are and not going by the player joined number list as the idea its the best virtual aerobatics server)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

It's a simple thing, north, south, but people find ways of getting on the current Blue Flag server and using it as some kind of multiplayer toilet.

I think you would find this in most multiplayer servers not just on blue flag, The only way is to password the blue flag server, From people that dont know north from south, Most people play the objective tho.

Scarface is my countryman. Same ISP.

Without VPN my connection is prone to disco. We realize that's just our unlucky being too far away from the server.

Cheers.

Ok, im just going to say it to you right now that the VPN will not give you a ping under 50 MS to indonesia as it would be against the laws of physics (speed of light). I also highly doubt that your VPN gives you any performance increase at all, there is no congestion in the networks leading up to the server, from both transit providers and the network hosting the server. The only think i can blame if you are having NETWORK lag (i even have lag and im directly connected to the server) is your own router or your ISP. Again, everyone is having lagg when the server reaches a certain number of players, its ED's fault.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont get why SRS would be better than TS other than immersion. If we where to just password the server and then put the password in teamspeak it would fix alot of issues. Having mods than kick players that are not in teamspeak?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, im just going to say it to you right now that the VPN will not give you a ping under 50 MS to indonesia as it would be against the laws of physics (speed of light). I also highly doubt that your VPN gives you any performance increase at all, there is no congestion in the networks leading up to the server, from both transit providers and the network hosting the server. The only think i can blame if you are having NETWORK lag (i even have lag and im directly connected to the server) is your own router or your ISP. Again, everyone is having lagg when the server reaches a certain number of players, its ED's fault.

I believe what you said as you're a professional network engineer ? but I just said what I saw and experience.

Edit : It didn't give me ping under 50. It reduced ping from 300 to 250.

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze