Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

With the Harrier and Hornet and F14 coming soon™, I think the thing to do would be to change these things up a bit.

Red:

F14, Mirage, Su25, Mi8, Mig21, Mig29, Su27, Ka50

Blue:

F15, F18, Harrier, A10, F5, Huey, Gazelle, AJS37

Or something like this. It would be great to have completely asymmetric forces and having full fidelity, popular and capable modules on both sides could lead to larger and more balanced numbers on both sides.

Completely asymmetric units are all fine and dandy but you will have to consider the capability of those units aswell, and tailor the respective side's victory conditions to them. Right now both sides have the same victory conditions, so not having a F18/A10/Harrier? (the truly capable strikers that can kill multiple targets in one pass easily) would cripple red if the scenario stayed the same.

I wish I were able to put some time into DCS scripting to come up with a proof of concept mission to showcase that maybe having asymmetric starting conditions and asymmetric goals might spice things up.

What I have in mind is to award victory points for certain actions/objectives for the sides, and the first side to get to X points gets the WIN.

The fact that the map is also not a mirrored playing field might help with this idea even more.

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Completely asymmetric units are all fine and dandy but you will have to consider the capability of those units aswell, and tailor the respective side's victory conditions to them. Right now both sides have the same victory conditions, so not having a F18/A10/Harrier? (the truly capable strikers that can kill multiple targets in one pass easily) would cripple red if the scenario stayed the same.

I wish I were able to put some time into DCS scripting to come up with a proof of concept mission to showcase that maybe having asymmetric starting conditions and asymmetric goals might spice things up.

What I have in mind is to award victory points for certain actions/objectives for the sides, and the first side to get to X points gets the WIN.

The fact that the map is also not a mirrored playing field might help with this idea even more.

I agree.

That's fortunate for you, but some of us aren't that lucky. I love using SRS, I mean for flights, I still use TS at the same time, however, I've stopped using it for now because I have noticed that I crash more often than if I don't use it. There are already enough timeouts or crashes in general in BF and just trying to get into the server sometimes takes 30-60 minutes because of timeouts. I'd really look into my own system if it was just me, but everything I've mentioned happens to more than just a handful of people unfortunately.

As I badly explained previously, if SRS is installed (scripts are present in DCS Folders) then SRS is always running regardless of if you start the client or not. DCS will just export data and nothing is listening to it. Due to this, SRS should not effect the stability of DCS in any way (as it doesnt talk to DCS, DCS passively sends data to it), as you'd see the crashes either way.

The only bit of data passed back to DCS is for the in game overlay, you can delete the OverlayGameGUI file to stop that and see if stability improves or just not toggle the overlay in DCS on.

If you are getting DCS crashes, and you're sure they're related to SRS, please post the logs so I can diagnose and fix as just saying it crashes won't get the problem fixed :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I know I posted a bit earlier, but can I get moved to red?

Sorry meant to reply earlier, sides are reset for all :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

What are the chances of changing the season to winter?

Also what are the chances of enabling bomber strikes for all helicopters? It may get more people into choppers and also give the fixed wing guys more to shoot at.

More variety of chopper types at runways? If i'm a red pilot I can only get a huey at a farp.

And the webpage gadget seems stuck.

Who do I reach out for coordination with the Reapers, so we do not land on the same side again ? :D

RvE is pretty much flexible at this point in terms of side selection. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Who do I reach out for coordination with the Reapers, so we do not land on the same side again ? :D

RvE is pretty much flexible at this point in terms of side selection. :)

Reaper will be on the SR using side again after the reset. :)

Red won. Can we have a reset please?

Should be reset now

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

make it without fc3 crapcrafts *cogh*

I thought SU25T was needed for sead thats a fc3 crapcraft to, Then mirage woyld just dominate. Server full of M 2000s lol Greg strip it all back to basic round one they were amazing. And took well into a week to win with a back and fourth flowing tide across the map

Reaper will be on the SR using side again after the reset. :)

SRS using Red team took the south east last night in 50 mins with some great coordination! Ill enjoy shooting some blue Reapers down this time. :)

TJ

Replacing the Hawk and L-39 for the Mig-15 and F-86 for Bomber calls would be very nice.

Anyone?

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Server admins, the gadget desktop app and the website seems to now be offline. Not sure if you are aware of this or not.

Try now - The VPS for the website had an issue. SRS servers were down too but everything should be back up now.

We need round 10 to start!!

Working on new scripts, hopefully you guys will like the new stuff :)