Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Ciribob, this looks very good. Great job, exciting, new..

And also I have some questions:

Is mirage only modern-radar fighter now?

And if it is why not put Mig-29 as counterpart?

Are F15 and Su27 still available?

Why not place Mig-15 and F-86 for recon flights egg.

because hawks and l39s are very rare and exotic planes?

Thx.

I am a bit lost here... Desktop app is outdated and can't find the download link (if someone can please provide me a link).

Also, the browser map seems to not display number of active players and conflict areas.

And final question, are there still any comm arrays?

btw this new version seems to be very interesting, a big step ahead

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Ciribob, this looks very good. Great job, exciting, new..

And also I have some questions:

Is mirage only modern-radar fighter now?

And if it is why not put Mig-29 as counterpart?

Are F15 and Su27 still available?

Why not place Mig-15 and F-86 for recon flights egg.

because hawks and l39s are very rare and exotic planes?

Thx.

I think its ok to leave out the FC3 Fighters and use only clickable Cockpit planes but i think that it will be a bit annyoing since we only have one modern fighter yet. On top, theres probably a good bunch of BlueFlag players that dont own any of the listed fighter modules.

From what i can see here Mirage, F5 and Mig21 all are seen on the same level regarding lives. This isnt the case and will only discourage to fly those older planes (would be fine if only Mig21 and F5 were allowed, but this would limit the people flying cap a lot since not everyone has those modules).

I would like to see the Mig15 and F86 too.

The goal is to give strategic options to both sides meaning that capturing an asset is not only important for final victory, but also for sustaining the war.

Road bases will include airframes that can take off from roads (e.g. viggen) and can reduce distances when you plan an attack.

Sam sites will mostly provide safe zones as you can take cover under a SAM umbrella.

Fuel bases will actively play role in refueling airbases. Previously we had AI transport aircraft carrying fuel. Now we plan to have these bases along with cargo transport by UH-1H/ Mi-8s.

It's still WIP so some things probable will change but we are getting there.

Greg

I'm sure some guy will come out of the woodwork and say how he would love the shot to sling load all day on BF but I dont see people, in particular myself, wanting to play cargo cows.

I wish there were things that helicopters could attack without air support.

Sprinkle some farps or small dumps around that gunships can join up and take out without the need for jets. Other then KA-50s there has never been anything that the other gunships can attack without needing the whole food chain to join in.

If I understand well ..in round 10 only fighters F5, Mig21 and M2000 ?

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

I'm sure some guy will come out of the woodwork and say how he would love the shot to sling load all day on BF but I dont see people, in particular myself, wanting to play cargo cows.

I wish there were things that helicopters could attack without air support.

Sprinkle some farps or small dumps around that gunships can join up and take out without the need for jets. Other then KA-50s there has never been anything that the other gunships can attack without needing the whole food chain to join in.

So you are saying the only helicopter which can effectively attack something is the KA50, which is the only attack helicopter in the game:huh:?

Any measure that would lead to not requiring help from other players to accomplish a task is counterproductive to the spirit of Blueflag.

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

I feel ambivalent about armed helos being able to attack FARPs. I have managed to basically take a FARP mostly by myself using a Huey with only forward guns, rocket pods and a mortar crew. It flies rubbish with the rocket pods though, even with only 40% fuel and no door gunners. However, it is very dangerous as even the armed barracks is a massive danger, not to mention the shilkas. Never stopped me from trying though.

I wouldn't judge just yet :)

There are a lot of smaller bases for chopper attack and the distances are more reasonable.

It will need a lot of play testing, we have no idea how it'll work so we will listen to feedback and tweak :)

Nothing is set in stone yet, that includes lives, loadouts, aircraft and positions

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I wouldn't judge just yet :)

There are a lot of smaller bases for chopper attack and the distances are more reasonable.

It will need a lot of play testing, we have no idea how it'll work so we will listen to feedback and tweak :)

Nothing is set in stone yet, that includes lives, loadouts, aircraft and positions

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I think you'll find us literally chomping at the bits to, errr, help test, this new iteration :D

So you are saying the only helicopter which can effectively attack something is the KA50, which is the only attack helicopter in the game:huh:?

Any measure that would lead to not requiring help from other players to accomplish a task is counterproductive to the spirit of Blueflag.

You're grossly exaggerating and being narrow minded in your scope.

Every capturable target in the old setup had the same defenses. There were no light, medium, and heavy defended targets.

A Huey, Gazelle-L, MI-8, while given enough ridiculous perseverance could take farps and com-arrays down. The variance in defences for targets was non-existent. Everything followed the same cookie cutter template. Oh and don't forget the solo Mistral taking down points with airstrikes.

No where did I say "not require help". I was referring to needing the whole attack stack. CAP and CAS.

It would be nice if a Huey, Gazelle, and KA-50 could team up together and be all thats needed to take down light to medium targets. CAP if needed of course.

You're grossly exaggerating and being narrow minded in your scope.

Every capturable target in the old setup had the same defenses. There were no light, medium, and heavy defended targets.

A Huey, Gazelle-L, MI-8, while given enough ridiculous perseverance could take farps and com-arrays down. The variance in defences for targets was non-existent. Everything followed the same cookie cutter template. Oh and don't forget the solo Mistral taking down points with airstrikes.

No where did I say "not require help". I was referring to needing the whole attack stack. CAP and CAS.

It would be nice if a Huey, Gazelle, and KA-50 could team up together and be all thats needed to take down light to medium targets. CAP if needed of course.

A Huey and a Mike model Gazelle could easily enough take a FARP before. Let's see how the new version is going to work. Looks like we'll need to re-work some of our strategies a bit.

@Greg

Can you confirm if next round will only allow F5, M2000c and Mig21 for CAP?

Ah no, all fighters shall be available.

We plan to open the server tonight for initial testing. There's not enough free time to manage it better but it should be ready in a slower pace.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

We plan to open the server tonight for initial testing. There's not enough free time to manage it better but it should be ready in a slower pace.

Greg

Thanks, I will definitely be in tonight to help with the testing :) If I manage to get in :pilotfly:

Greg

HYPED:pilotfly:

Any particular scripts or geography we should focus on ?

:smartass:

Greg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One suggestion, and this may have already been discussed, would be to only require airfields and farps be 100% one fraction for a victory condition. I am very excited that things are being worked on! You guys have done a great job and have really utilized the full potential of DCS! Thank you!

flashbacks are coming..

Oh the excitement!

Yeeees glorious battles shall be fought again.

Cant nolife it as hard anymore sadly though. lel. ;D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Except for radar SAMs?! You have no idea, sir! I know many players including myself who can take out any ground target you want in the Ka-50. I'm sure many Ka-50 pilots here could confirm that.

Yes I was going to say that at first, but I thought I'd give him SOMETHING, since the chopper combinations that he wanted to be effective + CAP can practically destroy anything already:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy