1wgpp3B.jpg

6M1ZcMj.jpg

NVIDIA GTX 1080

Intel Core i7 8700k

32GB DDR4

Z370 Motherboard

Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog + VPC Extension + VPC Mounts

Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (half broken garbage)

TrackIR 5

Oculus Rift CV1

Fixed, Thanks for the reply.

NVIDIA GTX 1080

Intel Core i7 8700k

32GB DDR4

Z370 Motherboard

Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog + VPC Extension + VPC Mounts

Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (half broken garbage)

TrackIR 5

Oculus Rift CV1

Yeah we figured out the problem. If a mod you have uses an empty.tga DCS will use it instead of the new empty.png and just draw it as an opaque white texture.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

:thumbup:

U da maaan Blaze! I have an old cockpit MIP fix mod which had an empty.tga - converted it to PNG & replaced and those ugly white squares are now gone. Thank you Sir!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Good day Gentleman, I please need help.

As per Blaze's advice I have deleted each and every empty.tga file I could find within my entire DCS directory.

I even deleted all the liveries and ran a repair to reinstall the stock ones on all planes but the problem persists.

All my mods are via GME and I have disabled all of them.

Any suggestions?

i saw same think with some liveries i installed. i thought that only non stock liveries corrupted due to change of external models. but it seems stock ones also have problems

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15EF-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This is what I did to fix the 3rd party skin issue for myself:

First, it'd probably be best to back up your skins. After that, go into the skin's folder and open "description.lua" with something like NotePad ++. Change any reference to "empty.tga" to "empty.png".

The quickest way to do this in NotePad ++ is to open description.lua, press the CTRL-F key combo on your keyboard and click on the "Replace" tab in the window that opens. Type .tga into the "Find what:" box and .png into the "Replace with:" box. Click the "Replace All" button. Save. Repeat as necessary for the rest of your malfunctioning skins.

I also found that some skins were missing a line and wouldn't work until I added it. The line above "countries =" should be "name =". If it doesn't exist, try adding it. So if the skin's folder name is something like: 641GvIAP-3, that line would read: name = "641GvIAP-3" with the name in parentheses and a space on either side of the equal sign.

This worked for me but use at your own risk.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

My Description.lua files don't have an "empty.tga" but they do have an "empty" with no file extension listed.

That would be a problem, I think. Try replacing "empty" with empty.png" and see what happens. This is a text file, so the suffix isn't going to be hidden like it might be in a file name depending on your Windows settings.

I'm using the Openbeta version of 1.5.5 rather than the Release. So I can't check myself. But if you're only seeing "empty" rather than "empty.png" in the LUA, that's a problem I would think. If you can, attach a sample LUA and I'll check it. You might have to ZIP it in order to upload it. Not sure what the Upland Manager will allow you to upload.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I'm on 1.5.5 OB.

I tried replacing "empty" with "empty.tga" and "empty.png" with no result. Instead of a white box I got the standard DCS missing texture texture (that green digital thing).

What's bizarre is that all of the livery description.lua files have "empty" with no file extension, with the majority of them all being perfectly OK. Only a few liveries have these white boxes, all correlating to bort numbers that would be overlayed over the texture. All of these liveries also have an "empty.tga" file in their folders, while the liveries that do not have this problem do NOT have an "empty" file at all. Deleting the file entirely also does not solve the issue.

There's no consistency as to why some liveries have these boxes and others don't.