Flight Simmers and Race Simmmers good buddies?

I have to say a lot of race simmers are also flight simmers and vice versa.

One we try to keep on the ground, one in the air.

Is it just me or this is more common then it appears?

Personaly, I started with flight sims in grade 1, didnt know what I was doing, but was facinated with the whole deal, and did manage get some flying done. Mind you I wouldnt be able to say what I played back then if my life depended on it.

Then I heavily got into race sims at around the age 12. And been doing that to this day. However the last 3 years I made a comeback to flight simming.

My time is about 60% race, 40% Flight.

Anyone else sim racing here too?

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Live for Speed. I'll try something else when I have a decent computer which will be soon!!!! :D

Is there any other race sims out there that is on par or better than LFS in the physics department?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Live for Speed. I'll try something else when I have a decent computer which will be soon!!!! :D

Is there any other race sims out there that is on par or better than LFS in the physics department?

GTL/GTR 2/ CTDP F1 mod for Rfactor.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

I was insanely into GP4. the game installation was only 700 mb. But with the mods I downloaded....made myself....the game folder went up to 4 GB +. I was soo into it. Later it kinda died down. However, I still love formula 1 and michael schumacher rules. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I still play F1 99-01 with the 2003 season mod and graphic updates, I also play GTR 2, Gran Turismo 4, and Forza. Of those sims F1 99-01 and GTR 2 are of course the most realistic.

A real good question is.... who plays tank sims? I'm currently addicted to T-72 Balkans on Fire.

I love GTR2/GTL.

but last time I posted about GTR2 coming out/demo. Alpha deleted everything, like he was a personal enemy of the racing sim.

so what gives..

either way, I think they go hand in hand. (and he just had PMS that day) :megalol:

sig-YF19a.jpg

I love GTR2/GTL.

but last time I posted about GTR2 coming out/demo. Alpha deleted everything, like he was a personal enemy of the racing sim.

so what gives..

either way, I think they go hand in hand. (and he just had PMS that day) :megalol:

Maybe we should talk cars in the chit chat section of the ru forums http://forum.lockon.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=32

I love a good driving sim.

Right now I’m into Forza (Xbox), I like the way you can build up a production line car into a GT racer, drifter or even a stock car if you want .. then you can paint it with 300 layers, not bad for a console.

I think that’s my favorite way to use a driving sim, a few of my friends have Forza and we have these competitions of building a car up to say under 500 or 400 hp and then we time ourselves or race on a track to see who built the best car.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I have GTR2, but for long time I was Papyrus' NASCAR fan.

From flightsims I currently do:

LOCKON, ORBITER :pilotfly:

Yes, I even have Dangerous Waters, 688(i) nostalgia made me to get that game; :captain: but I'm still a newb when it comes to other vessels :baby:, though starting to get hang of it

I liked Need for Speed for fun, it was fun fun fun (1st one, 2ndtheworst, 3rd one Hot Pursuit, IV High Stakes, Hotpursuit2..) especially in multiplayer :prop:

It was fun until they brought those Underground series with cheap cars, and ugly, trashy american car customizing thing which no european will ever call tuning because it is outrageous. :evil:

Need for Speed was famous for its exotic european cars and it was actually made by exotic car enthusiast, but then the game went down hill imho.

Why the heck I am still talking about some crappy arcadish NFS series :doh:

ED's flight sims and GTR2 for life :thumbsup:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'm hooked on rFactor. I've also got Live For Speed, netKar Pro, GTR and GT Legends but for me rFactor is what I play most for its array of excellent mods from Renault Megane's, Porsche GT3's, Aussie V8's, F1 2006, F1 1979 to name but a few which are freely downloadable from rFactor Central along with a load of add-on tracks too from well know international circuits to smaller club circuits as well as a few fantasy tracks.

A real good question is.... who plays tank sims? I'm currently addicted to T-72 Balkans on Fire.

Steel Beasts Pro PE is everything you could want in a tank sim :)

http://www.steelbeasts.com

Ive just really got back into race sims this last week (taking a bit of a break from flying atm) Ive got GTR-2 and rFactor (CTDP F1 2005 mod and the F1 1979 demo installed) and Im loving them!

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk

Anyway I am a retired amateur RL bike racer (race bikes without motors ;) ).

About PC

WWII (basically FOW)

Lately chess too (read Chessmaster 10th edition)

Occasionally AOEIII

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Maybe we can have a lockon.ru GTR 2 race one day ;) :)

I'm in.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer