VP-Airfield Equipment 0.8.2 beta

Thank you, but not very funny.

So I better concentrate on destructible onces.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Thank you, but not very funny.

So I better concentrate on destructible onces.

I use these objects to create more ambiance at the airfields, they are not intended to be used as targets and that's probably why they dont include destroyed versions of each model. Here are some images to give a better idea of how an Airbase (Batumi on this case) can look with these added objects:

sM1RnkP.jpg

SZJpco4.jpg

They also help to illuminate the base a bit more than the standard lights, tough after the changes on 2.5 they are a bit dim .. hopefully VirPil will update them:

OLIothv.jpg

f9gUNFR.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Are those runway lights in the last photo, place able objects?

No, they are the standard lights that ED has placed on each runway .. they light up at around 20:00 hours on summer and 18:00 hrs. on winter (Caucasus, I'm not a fan of night flying so I havent tried on other maps).

The lights on VPC objects, always light up at 20:00 hrs summer or winter :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Eduardo, I have a similar project and I was wondering if you can load a template in an already existing mission. What I mean, imagine that you want to make a mission involving two of the airfields that you have as templates. Can you load the two templates into a mission?

Muchas gracias!

Eduardo, I have a similar project and I was wondering if you can load a template in an already existing mission. What I mean, imagine that you want to make a mission involving two of the airfields that you have as templates. Can you load the two templates into a mission?

Muchas gracias!

Yes, you can :)

In fact, that's the real beauty of the Static Templates, you can load one, then load another one and so on, on the same mission (new or existing).

So, I've been creating these templates to enhance both my existing missions, as well as the future ones:

CeGYT04.jpg

... the only care, is that the names of the template's objects should not collide. I ensure this by prefixing each new object with the name of the airfield .. I create further objects of the same type by copy/paste and they get an automatic suffix, so I only have to write a good name for the first object of each type:

jpM0tr3.jpg

I'm attaching a static template for you to try .. to use, unzip it and store on /saved games/dcs/StaticTemplate .. then on the Mission Editor use it with Edit -> Load Static Template. Try it on an existing mission ... even if it already have units at Batumi, the ones on the template will seamlessly add to them.

Best regards

Eduardo

Caucasus - Blue - Batumi Airfield (by Rudel_chw).zip

Edited by Rudel_chw

nice template!!

are the others anywere to download?

Thank you :)

I will make them freely available once I've tested them thoroughly, since some objects can impede the AI from taxying properly, so they take a while to test.

I also would like to have more airbases completed.

As each template has 80-120 units, you cant have one big template with all the airbases or DCS slows to a crawl .. the idea is to use the templates just for the airbases that you will be using/attacking during the Mission .. say 3-5 airbases on a single Mission.

Templates also lend themselves quite well to other aspects, like adding Random Traffic to the Map (thank you @FunkyFrankie, your RAT Scripts is really awesome) and adding template units for some aircraft to have them with standard preset frequencies on their radios (so, on a mission, instead of just adding a Mirage 2000, you copy the Coalition's M2000 template unit, thus all of them will have the same radio channels preset) :)

All in all, a nice tool ... now if VPC would just update their objects ... it would be fantastic.

Best regards

Nice work but at home I can not save a mission. Open beta2.5.3.22176

I7-7700 4.2Ghz/32 Go RAM

HDD 1To /7200

Nvidia RTX 2070 8Go RAM

Win10 Pro 64 on SSD 256Go

DCS on SSD 500Go NVMe

Saitek X52Pro / Palonnier Saitek Pro-Flight / Trackir 5

VR Rift S

I really dont understand why ED has not included all of these equipment by default in the new caucasus 2.5.

The actual airports and infrastructures in the cauacasus are pretty empty.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Nice work but at home I can not save a mission.

Can you elaborate more detail? .. on my DCS I've no problem saving missions or using Static templates.

I really dont understand why ED has not included all of these equipment by default in the new caucasus 2.5.

I assume that they can't use it without entering on an agreement with the Mod's author.

The actual airports and infrastructures in the cauacasus are pretty empty.

Thats just not so. As I've been adding more details to each Airbase, I've come to realize that they are not that empty. On most Caucasus Airbases you can find Maintenance zones with hangars, fire & fuel trucks & vehicles on some zones, fuel depots a safe distance from the base, guard towers along the perimeter, troops barracks near the base, etc.

I add the things that ED can't put, for example they dont know if the airbase will be blue or red, so they have no defenses. On my Templates I add the AAA, SAM, Guards and perimeter patrols .. this means that I've to do two templates for each airbase: one for red the other for blue coalition.

I also add ramp equipment, but this requires testing, as its easy to impede the taxying of the AI aircrafts.

I'de love to add even more details, but a balance must be struck, in order to not impact on DCS' performance ... so I try to not add more than 100 objects to each Base.

Best regards,

Edited by Rudel_chw

Can you elaborate more detail? .. on my DCS I've no problem saving missions or using Static templates.

In response to your request :

1 - I create a new mission.

2 - I load your template.

3 - I add a few units

4 - I save the mission under a name toto.miz

5 - Nothing happens. Impossible to save this mission. I stay in the mission editor.

Best regards,

Edited by goodspeed

I7-7700 4.2Ghz/32 Go RAM

HDD 1To /7200

Nvidia RTX 2070 8Go RAM

DCS on SSD 500Go NVMe

VR Rift S

In response to your request :

1 - I create a new mission.

2 - I load your template.

3 - I add a few units

4 - I save the mission under a name toto.miz

5 - Nothing happens. Impossible to save this mission. I stay in the mission editor.

Hello,

It's strange .. I cant seem to replicate the problem on my end .. here is a short unedited video where I do the same steps:

- Create a new mission

- Load a few templates

- I'm adding a template to generate random blue coalition air traffic, so I make sure to have several blue airfields.

- I add a plane for myself.

- Save the mission, then exit the editor.

- Load the mission from the main menu.

And it works well:

C68TjNj1JrI

Can you upload your dcs.log to take a look at it?

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

Rafale Power, really nice DCS main page Rudel :thumbup:

Thank you ... I placed this gorgeous photo as wallpaper, following this old tip from @roadrunner:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2276396&postcount=6

it still works fine on DCS 2.5 :)

Hello,

Can you upload your dcs.log to take a look at it?

Best regards,

Eduardo

Hello, attached log file

Best regards,

dcs.log.txt

I7-7700 4.2Ghz/32 Go RAM

HDD 1To /7200

Nvidia RTX 2070 8Go RAM

DCS on SSD 500Go NVMe

VR Rift S

Hello, attached log file

Best regards,

Hello,

For some reason a module of your Mission Editor is failing, this one:

./MissionEditor/modules/me_parking.lua

Perhaps you have installed a Mod that affects the Mission Editor, may I suggest that you perform a DCS_Repair, by following the Repairing DCS World procedure explained on the first post of this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Hope that will fix the issue.

Best regards,

Eduardo

nice template!!

are the others anywere to download?

Hello,

I've put all these templates on this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221516

Best regards

Hello,

For some reason a module of your Mission Editor is failing, this one:

./MissionEditor/modules/me_parking.lua

Perhaps you have installed a Mod that affects the Mission Editor, may I suggest that you perform a DCS_Repair, by following the Repairing DCS World procedure explained on the first post of this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Hope that will fix the issue.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Hello Rudel. I did a repair and everything worked perfectly. Thank you. One more question: should you put VP-Airfield Equipment 0.8.2 beta AND VPC-Airfield Equipment 0.9.4 beta. I also installed Caucasus Airfield Templates with OvGME. Is it correct ? Thank you for your response and this wonderful job. Best regards,

I7-7700 4.2Ghz/32 Go RAM

HDD 1To /7200

Nvidia RTX 2070 8Go RAM

DCS on SSD 500Go NVMe

VR Rift S

Hello Rudel. I did a repair and everything worked perfectly.

Hi, Glad you got it working :)

..One more question: should you put VP-Airfield Equipment 0.8.2 beta AND VPC-Airfield Equipment 0.9.4 beta.

You just need the latest versión.

I also installed Caucasus Airfield Templates with OvGME. Is it correct ?

Since the templates go into your saved games folder, it isnt really necesary to use a Mod manager, like you do with ítems that go into the Program Files folder.

You just need to unzip the contents inside /saved Games/DCS.xxx/ .. it will put there two ítems: the StaticTemplates and the Mod/tech folders ... the latter contains the VirPil objects (so, not needed if you already have them installed)

Best regards

Thank you for the answer. I corrected and everything works perfectly. Thanks again.

I7-7700 4.2Ghz/32 Go RAM

HDD 1To /7200

Nvidia RTX 2070 8Go RAM

DCS on SSD 500Go NVMe

VR Rift S

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all.

Are the Replacement for the default objects still compatible?

Sorry .. I dont really understand your question :(

Can somebody please give me install instructions?

Just uncompress the Mod on /Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech ... mine looks like this:

r8nwiST.jpg

and then you can see the objects on the Mission Editor, under "structures", prefixed with VP- ... like this:

urdLZL0.jpg

Best regards

Hi all.

Are the Replacement for the default objects still compatible?

Because I can´t get them to work. Can somebody please give me install instructions?

Thx

No this mod isn't compatible since 2.5 only VPC airfield Equipment is working :smilewink:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG