Map Performance

Neil Gardner

I wonder if I can ask how the performance of the Normandy map rates in relation to, say, the Caucuses map?

The Normandy map has not been released yet so there is no answer to your question.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think beta testers are not allowed to commend on this ;) I'm very curious as well. Usually, all this beauty comes at a price. But we'll see...

• Like 1

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Has anyone discovered the area size compared to the size of the NTTR map. I expect that the Normandy map will have a smaller modelled area than the Nevada map and the possibility to have higher visual quality for less resources because there are physically less objects to render. I may be completely wrong though:music_whistling:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would have guessed that the density of... Stuff would be higher on Normandy due to all the trees villages and hedgerows etc as compared to just desert. I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

It is.

Excellent!!! Thanks for sharing that with us, Racoon!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

It has no other choice than to be early access like NTTR as the current release version doesnt have the ability to support multiple maps yet.

We will need a 4th install or it will be on Open Alpha?

Edit i mean DCS, DCS beta, open alpha plus another one with the Normandie map

I suspect it will work under the 2.0 branch - this is the new graphics engine based version with multi map support. It may even push 2.0 forward into Beta with the arrival of Normandy.

I will not mean another version of DCS World, and it won't be released into 1.5, on that you can depend I suspect.

• Like 1

Probably 2.1.0.

This was posted by Wags not long ago.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin