Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

Is there any chance you can setup a pre-order? I'd really like to be able to purchase your product.

I hate this situation as much as you do.

As soon as we're back from holidays (which is within a week) we will accelerate new batches' production.

Talking about pre-order, please contact your local dealer. AFAIK, pre-orders are not our (and our dealers') normal practice, but he might have some sort of name list or alike. Anyway, your local dealer is #1 place to get in touch with.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after a really loooooong wait i finally got the long awaited email yesterday, it seems like the first batch ofthe MCG rev A grip pre-order is close to be ready to be shipped and needs payment.

So i went to the flightsimcontrolls website saw indeed that the order was ready for payment only to find out that there is no way to pay and the site is giving errors.

there are a bunch of us in the EU forums with the exact same issue and no comunication at all from the rep that hasn't been online for more then a month.

do guys even want our money? the amount of frustration that is required to even get a product is mind blowing.

i really like the products but your customer service is extremely poor.

My MCG Customizations

Just thought I'd share how I customized my MCG Pro. You may like it different, but here's how to set the axis & buttons that I made.

One note, is on the brake lever button. Before the new firmware 94_b it worked correctly. But now when you assign a button number, it reports one number lower. I wanted it to report button number 34, so I had to set it to button 35 to make it do that. Also, I wanted to use the top/center Master Hat as my TDC, so I made the axis an Abs to auto-recenter so I could assign it to the TDC Horizontal/Vertical Axis in some DCS Aircraft (AV8B, F-18, A10c, ...)

I highlighted my customizations in Green.

Tbw5zlQ.jpg

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Snacko:

Any chance of you doing a tutorial on how to do those assignments such as button on brake lever and turning the gate control into a four way button.

Thanks in advance

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Just a quick pointer - the MCG's default button assignment is shown below in attached image (thanks to VictorUs who wrote the VKBdevCfg manual).

You can use that as reference when comparing button assignments.

1522706487_Screenshotfrom2018-08-2513-08-19.thumb.png.49ffd443ef702ef5d273df9740630126.png

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just a quick pointer - the MCG's default button assignment is shown below in attached image (thanks to VictorUs who wrote the VKBdevCfg manual).

You can use that as reference when comparing button assignments.

I don't know why mine are different. I didn't customize anything except the ones in green. After flashing the last bios, I just customized those few buttons/axis. Why would mine be different?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Snacko:

Any chance of you doing a tutorial on how to do those assignments such as button on brake lever and turning the gate control into a four way button.

Thanks in advance

I found the instructions for each of those changes on the VKB forums.

But if you PM me, I'll be glad to get on TS and talk you through them.

Snacko:

had another look on the VKB forum and found the posts, Thanks! I have done the brake lever, but having problems about hiding the axis? and converting the gate control from 2 axis to 4 buttons

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Snacko:

had another look on the VKB forum and found the posts, Thanks! I have done the brake lever, but having problems about hiding the axis? and converting the gate control from 2 axis to 4 buttons

Follow the steps in the following post precisely. I managed to convert my gate control to 4 buttons this way.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?p=28475#p28475

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

dburne:

I have read and re-read your posts many times but there seems to be several steps missing, at least to my poor old eyes :huh:

dburne:

I have read and re-read your posts many times but there seems to be several steps missing, at least to my poor old eyes :huh:

Hmm not sure what to tell you, that is the post I followed the instructions on and got the gate to work as 4 buttons no problem. Now you just need to be careful in following it, it is very easy to miss a simple thing and cause it to not work properly - happened to me a time or two and I just kept at it until I got it correctly.

Make sure you are looking at the post by UIV dated Dec 26 2017, that has instructions and screenshots. Pay particular attention to the options checked that are highlighted with a red rectangle around them in the screen shot.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

dburne:

got it to work, Thanks for the assist:thumbup:, only thing I couldn't find was how to hide the axis?

dburne:

got it to work, Thanks for the assist:thumbup:, only thing I couldn't find was how to hide the axis?

:thumbup:

Good deal!

Where do you mean "hide the axis", are you talking in the axis tab of the VKB Device Config software? I do not see an axis for my gate hat in that with it set as 4 button presses.

Edited by dburne

Don B

It has to do with the brake lever. Apparently people were have issues with their aircraft veering to the left? when using the button. Apparently hiding the axis (8) stopped this from happening

It has to do with the brake lever. Apparently people were have issues with their aircraft veering to the left? when using the button. Apparently hiding the axis (8) stopped this from happening

Not sure about that, I use my paddle as an axis for brake lever ( In the Spit) so have not tried to change it.

Don B

Sokol1:

Thank-you for clarifying that for me.

And here I am wishing the massive clown fiesta of eu dealer would finally be over. Unlikely to happen any time soon. Going for other manufacturers in the future, that much is certain by now.

Order directly from their headquarters.

Question does it require an adapter for use on the warthog base?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Question does it require an adapter for use on the warthog base?

If you mean MCG/MCG PRO grip, they don't offer adapter for use in Warthog base.

Neither this make sense because Warthog base don't support all MCG grips features.

What you can use in Warthog base is VPC grips or Baur/Cheeb2006 KG-13B grips.

Edited by Sokol1_br

If you mean MCG/MCG PRO grip, they don't offer adapter for use in Warthog base.

Neither this make sense because Warthog base don't support all MCG grips features.

They are working on a TM compatible variant, though.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Yes, are that MCG TM version in their announcement:

https://i2.wp.com/vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/MCG-Announce-Final.jpg?ssl=1

But this model don't offer any practical advantage over Warthog grip, will have the same number of buttons (19+POV HAT or 23) and their mini-stick and brake lever will not work in analog mode, only digital mode like a ordinary button/HAT - due Warthog base restrictions.

Thinking better a version that don't make much sense, will interest only for an player that want a grip looking different than "F-16'ish". :unsure:

My problem is. I want my base to sit on the floor. Then raise the grip up to the correct height using two long/tall straight extensions from the vendor in the for sell forum that puts the grip at the perfect height.

I really like. The vkb gunfighter base but the vkb extensions are curved no way to add two .

Mcg pro would be a nice upgrade from the warthog but not on the tm base.

Does anyone make straight extensions for the vkb gunfighter?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.