Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The VKB NA site lists the MCG Pro 3 pin original expected availability as end of April.

Any updates on this?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Has anybody setup Keyboard buttons to send keys for external apps like Teamspeak, Simple Radio, and Voice Attack?

I have an x55 and don't use a headset, so all the audio comes through my speakers. On my x55 I have a macro that presses down a key to mute speakers and another key for PPT for Teamspeak. The keys stay pressed as long as I keep holding the button.

I cannot figure out how to do this in the VKB Dev Config tool.. :cry::mad::joystick:

(And I don't want to bind joystick buttons because I also want to keep my x55 using the same commands. And you cannot bind 2 joysticks to 1 command in some of these apps.)

LJS4qKz.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

The VKB NA site lists the MCG Pro 3 pin original expected availability as end of April.

Any updates on this?

Likely to slip (still waiting for updated dates from VKB HQ; going to pester my contact later tonight). They just got done moving into a larger facility so there's bound to be some extra time needed for them to get the new stuff ready.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Has anybody setup Keyboard buttons to send keys for external apps like Teamspeak, Simple Radio, and Voice Attack?

I have an x55 and don't use a headset, so all the audio comes through my speakers. On my x55 I have a macro that presses down a key to mute speakers and another key for PPT for Teamspeak. The keys stay pressed as long as I keep holding the button.

I cannot figure out how to do this in the VKB Dev Config tool.. :cry::mad::joystick:

(And I don't want to bind joystick buttons because I also want to keep my x55 using the same commands. And you cannot bind 2 joysticks to 1 command in some of these apps.)

Maybe reading the official VKB User Guide for the VKBdevCfg software helps? You might want to check section 5.6. if Macros is what you want.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks, I did read that. I also read Chapter 8 (Macro Setup). It was difficult to understand. But I don't see any way to tell the keyboard to press a key down. And then release the same key. It just seems to repeatedly send the keys. And my speakers mute and un-mute over and over.

I will read that section of the manual over again and keep trying.. But an example .mcr Macro file would be very helpful.

EDIT:

It seems that a Toggle button would work best because it presses and stays pressed util I release it. And it doesn't repeat. But I need to press 2 keys, and it only supports 1 key. And I could press 2 keys using a Macro. Except that a Macro doesn't allow the use of a Toggle button. It seems that I can beat my head against a wall for a long time, and not many people know how to use this software effectively. And the manual is like a mechanical engineering reference, not a 'user' manual. Very frustrating trying to do simple things.

Also, I tried using the Audio item to Mute my speakers, but it doesn't work at all. That would be helpful if it worked.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

You might want to ask this at the official VKB forum, as that's where the developers (and knowledgeable community members) are able to answer such inquiries: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks, I'll do that..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

Likely to slip (still waiting for updated dates from VKB HQ; going to pester my contact later tonight). They just got done moving into a larger facility so there's bound to be some extra time needed for them to get the new stuff ready.

Wouldn’t the extra time have been made up when the timing estimate moved from “Mid-April” to “End of April”?

I know it’s out of your control 100%, Rrhode,but the people whom you distribute for are a f*cking joke. No other way to put it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Too bad, perhaps there will be an update before too much more time passes.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I just bought my Gunfighter MkII MCG, And it does not do that at all. Something sounds wrong with yours.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Darn... I've been waiting for the Gunfighter MkII Stick Extension to mount my stick. Was expected End of April.

Now, expected May 15th..

Darn... I've been waiting for the Gunfighter MkII Stick Extension to mount my stick. Was expected End of April.

Now, expected May 15th..

Incredible. I think I am about to give up on them.

Just wish I had not already invested what I have into it.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Incredible. I think I am about to give up on them.

Just wish I had not already invested what I have into it.

I gave up, personally. Their latest performance on the EU stock was the last stroke, I took your advice and have gone to the Other Option. Too late, as the price reduction on their side just had gone. In a way, VKB cost me half a hundred € ;)

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I'm not giving up. I guess it's a small company and can't tie up a lot of cash in expensive inventory yet. Other posts were talking about a container shipment on it's way last week I think.

It's coming.. Just takes patience. Once you have the goods you'll be happy. (except for the profile editor.)

I'm not giving up. I guess it's a small company and can't tie up a lot of cash in expensive inventory yet. Other posts were talking about a container shipment on it's way last week I think.

It's coming.. Just takes patience. Once you have the goods you'll be happy. (except for the profile editor.)

Maybe, but my Gunfighter that is still in the box waiting for this, is now over a year old and they have even changed to a newer revision since then.

Yeah I did miss the one run they did around Christmas due to Christmas shopping coming first, that is on me, but also when I first ordered this Gunfighter all that time ago the grips were due out much sooner - like May of last year.

I have been very patient, and will still likely get one as I already have invested into this thing along with an extended Monster Tech mount for it.

Just really tired of waiting at this point. It is getting rather old.

Don B

I believe I had been waiting since September, wasn't it? I thought about going another route, but after very careful examination of all options, I determined Gunfighter + MCG Pro is indeed the most technically advanced, 'best', one and opted to simply wait, since I'm waiting on other components anyway they're not costing me much.

Now I've got it in hand, and am pleased with my decision, as long coning as it was. VKB is kind of like that really hot girl across the bar that's totally out of your league, but with careful persistence and liberal consumption of alcohol by all, you MIGHT just have a chance lol It was hassle, but well worth it =)

If you have the patience, I'd encourage waiting. We're at the finish line now, so be silly to bail now. Once they get their logistics sorted, hopefully it won't be this way for future consumers.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Ok, now I'm starting to see...

Today it's been changed from: Expected availability: May 15, 2018.

To: Expected availability: End of May, 2018.

Ok, now I'm starting to see...

Today it's been changed from: Expected availability: May 15, 2018.

To: Expected availability: End of May, 2018.

LOL, yep - and the beat goes on... unreal.

Don B

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gents - Just checking in to start taking bets/predictions on what day this changes to “Expected mid-June”...

Also, if you’d like you may parlay that bet with adding what day “Mid-June” will change to “End of June”.

d097c77966ee5197d521f0e5df481763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

My "guess".

It will change to mid June.

Don B