[REPORTED]/[MERGED] Roll Oscillation w/ AP Alt Hold - 1.5.6.3690.269

Scotch75

been reported, latest 1.5.6.3930.271 fixed it for me, but Others still complain (?).

Was introduced in 1.5.6.3690.269 (from 2.xx NTTR apparently) if you downgrade to 1.5.6.1938 it's not there.

Perhaps some people aren't updating the right way, check you _log

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes seen it :) Not sure what you mean on updated the right way?

Sometimes DCS has hidden errors when updating.

coming to think of it, perhaps mine was the right way by accident,

first downgrade, then upgrade?

Because mine flies OK dutch roll right now

EDIT:

oops / with heavy load it's back again (tested previously with no or small load)

!

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I have this bug in the release version as well, quite unplesant in VR! Also, my gun aiming reticule has started bouncing around all over the place now too...

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

same here. the A10 rolls like crazy after just a couple of seconds in AP. i also imagine that the plane is less powerful than before? can that be right? i just picked up the mirage mod this weekend (before i installed the new update) and it feels like it bleeds of energy in a different way now in sharp turns/climbs after i updated..but i might be wrong and just finding all sorts of "new" update related behavior issues when its actually just me thats a bad pilot ;)

-----

My life as a child did not prepare me for the fact that the world is full of cruel and bitter things.

-Robert Oppenheimer, 1904-1967

TM Warthog Hotas, TM Rudder, Track IR 5

Next Level GT Ultimate V2 Gaming Chair Racing Simulator Cockpit

43" Screen

It was reported and acknowledged/verified by the dev team.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

No worries, it's a pretty serious bug, i understand the need to want it resolved asap.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Altitude Hold Autopilot Problem

I updated to the latest version of 1.5 last night (1.5.6.3930) and flew a mission. I put the hawg into an altitude (bank) hold in autopilot and went to work in the CDU. I noticed funny shadows oscillating back and forth and looked outside my cockpit to see the plane rolling back and forth wildly.

I tried to reset and it kept doing the same thing, starting off rolling slightly but quickly excalating the amount of roll oscillation. In Altitude/Heading hold it behaves just fine. I tested it in a couple of different configurations and I'm just not sure what is going on.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing. I've never had this problem before so I'm leaning toward bug.

${1}

I also get MiG-21bis errors when launching thanks to the "parting of ways" but I haven't looked into that much yet. Knowing the way this normally works these will probably be fixed about the time I get done posting this...

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The A-10C ALT AP Oscillation is Reported already and acknowledged my devs.

Not sure what you mean w/ the MiG-21, the DRM was updated, users were instructed to de-activate the module, delete reg keys. then update, re-activate:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185642

The A-10C ALT AP Oscillation is Reported already and acknowledged my devs.

Not sure what you mean w/ the MiG-21, the DRM was updated, users were instructed to de-activate the module, delete reg keys. then update, re-activate:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185642

Thanks. That is probably what is going on with MiG-21 but those instructions don't seem to be very well communicated unless a person experiences the problem then goes and searches the forums. I did a search and came up with nothing helpful so maybe it was a search term issue on my part. I'm not sure how better to do it but maybe the error box that pops up when I launch DCS could be more helpful with instructions instead of how it looks/is worded. Anyway, thanks again.

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks. That is probably what is going on with MiG-21 but those instructions don't seem to be very well communicated unless a person experiences the problem then goes and searches the forums. I did a search and came up with nothing helpful so maybe it was a search term issue on my part. I'm not sure how better to do it but maybe the error box that pops up when I launch DCS could be more helpful with instructions instead of how it looks/is worded. Anyway, thanks again.

They were posted in advance of the Update, here, their site, their facebook, multiple other facebooks, and the changelogs for the update.

They were posted in advance of the Update, here, their site, their facebook, multiple other facebooks, and the changelogs for the update.

I understand but there are a large number of players that go to work for 10 hour days then may go home and fire up DCS to let off some steam, they let the updater do its thing, then find out they were supposed to do some background work to get their MiG-21 to work. I don't have much time to read changelogs and various facebook pages. Perhaps a dialog box when running the updater that shows a link to that post in the forums before I updated would have been nice. I'm not trying to complain here, just trying to offer some other alternatives to make sure people don't accidentally mess something up just because they didn't look in the forums before letting the auto-update run.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS already said its aware of the problem ..

autopilot problem: stable hover unable

I found a obversely change about autopilot after recent update.

In former version, you can perform a stable hover very easily through dailing the autopilot mode to ALT position,which allowed the aircraft maintain current bank angle and barometric altitude .

but in current version, you can't hover stablely with autopilot unless your speed was above 260,270 knots, which means you almost need to keep full throtle. or else, your aircraft will begin to sway , untill lost conrol.

Then I looked into a real A-10C FLIGHT MANUAL( not dcs a10c manual), it said like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=160814&stc=1&d=1492328014

according to this chart , A-10C ‘s autopilot can maintain a 40 dgree bank angle stable hover at 220 knots. But in the current version game, your aircraft will lost control very quickly to do so.In fact , the only way to maintain a stable hover with autopilot is to push the throtle to the end and keep airspeed above 260knots. And i think this is not consistent with the fact .

909309352_QQ20170416153132.jpg.55b70855518051e1aa75f1f3bca4ee2c.jpg

Edited by myramones

The document in question has several chapters rescinded which to me signals that someone higher up has been through it and picked out the bits deemed secret.

I really doubt this sort of document, if classified and not for public release, would've make it out into the public domain and lasted this long. It's been available on the net since early late 2012, if the government really wanted it gone it would be gone.

I get the bit about using the document for illicit purposes i.e. another nation using it to create a copy of the A-10, but I don't think reading it for purposes of entertainment is gonna warrant a visit from the MiB!

• Like 1

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD