Post when download is available?

R1Lawsy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Anybody seen this odd behavior? Did a command line download of Normandy, 6669.3 MB torrented, unpacked, then started doing this. 7732 of 6669.3 MBytes downloaded as of now.

weird.

post the autoupdate_log.txt, please.

right while the thing is still running.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
I've learnt something tonight! I wasn't even aware of the update option in the start menu, I've always used the desktop shortcut.

I first ran the program as usual, no update, then tried running the updater in the Bin folder several times, but again nothing.

I just tried the start menu method you suggested and it's started to download the patch.

many thanks for your help.

:thumbup:

good to hear :) :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The installs & updates went fine. Took some time though. Started the sim 5 minutes ago. Nothing going so far. Could be it is compiling shaders & other stuff now so I'll wait. Will let you know.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

The installs & updates went fine. Took some time though. Started the sim 5 minutes ago. Nothing going so far. Could be it is compiling shaders & other stuff now so I'll wait. Will let you know.

It took mine several minutes seems like to launch the first time I tried after getting it all installed....

Had my Rift on, raised it up and saw on my monitor it was waiting for me to enter a serial number for the Assetts Pack.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

weird.

post the autoupdate_log.txt, please.

right while the thing is still running.

Here ya go

I see an error for out of disc space, yet have 71 Gigs free..

Looks like a file size mismatch on the normandy1944s.surface5 file. Cancelled the download, did a repair to clean this mess up and re trying the download through command line again.

• ED Team
Here ya go

I see an error for out of disc space, yet have 71 Gigs free..

This helped a lot! Thank you!

Please, cancel the download and start again (install the module again), it should use torrents and pick up where it left.

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

This helped a lot! Thank you!

Please, cancel the download and start again (install the module again), it should use torrents and pick up where it left.

Did a repair to clean up as it was wasting space on my ssd and am in the process of a command line install of just the Normandy terrain right now. Will update with progress.

Ok, I can get to the GUI just fine. However, when I either try to start the ME or any mission, the sim craps up. It did ask for a couple of serials, inputted those, but still, no go.

Needless to say that regardless of the release being branded as early access, this is not good at all because this is still a commercial product we've paid money for. Ideas?

Unknown module normandy_terrain

It has to be NORMANDY_terrain. The letter case matters.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

• ED Team
Ok, I can get to the GUI just fine. However, when I either try to start the ME or any mission, the sim craps up. It did ask for a couple of serials, inputted those, but still, no go.

Needless to say that regardless of the release being branded as early access, this is not good at all because this is still a commercial product we've paid money for. Ideas?

Sorry to sound like a bore, but can we see your dcs.log? Thanks.

Does it happen in Normandy only or NTTR as well? I'm curious, because I can't make the latter work (created a separate thread in 2.0 forum section).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
Where is this to be found? Another question in my ignorance: It says "unpacking files" but it appears to be still downloading "7805.5 of 24730.3 MBytes,...." "and shows DL rate.

looks like a gui bug.

it is downloading via http now. i'd suggest you to cancel and restart it again, i tweaked torrent settings a bit, so it will pick them up.

Here you go. As I expected, the sim seems to compile shaders, but then it just stops and plays the music loop ad infinitum. Hmmm...

EDIT: Can't upload dcs.log. Says invalid file. WTG guys...

EDIT2: zipped it, here we go. Better check the upload rules though.

dcs.zip

Edited by msalama

Here you go. As I expected, the sim seems to compile shaders, but then it just stops and plays the music loop ad infinitum. Hmmm...

EDIT: Can't upload dcs.log. Says invalid file. WTG guys...

Right Click it, Choose Add To Compressed Zip File.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I download it with only 1 MB/s

Would you recommend to switch to HTTP download ?

It takes so long ...

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Done, update+Nmdy+assets = about 7h of download-install, huh huh

Asus X99 Deluxe II|Intel i7 6850K @4.2GHz|G.Skill 64GB Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz|Noctua NH-D15 and 4x NF-A14 PWM|Corsair HX850i

Win10 Pro 64 @M.2 512GB 950 PRO|DCS @M.2 250GB 960 EVO

ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX OC 8GB GDDR5|ASUS PG348Q - LG 25UM58 @3440x2520

Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent|TM Hotas Warthog 7.5cm ext & 3x MFD Cougars|MFG Crosswind|TrackIR 5

A-10C|AJS-37|AV-8B|BS2|F/A-18C|FC3|Mi-8MTV2|PG NE NO SY maps|Tacview.