ordered the Rift

javelina1

OH MY GOD! this is awesome! I cannot believe or describe the experience! Why didn't I buy this VR setup sooner!

WOW!!! just WOW!

I just knew this would happen! LOL! :lol:

I hate to say I told you so but..................:music_whistling:

As I said, "Life will never be the same!"

Welcome to the club!

Check your expectations at the door and be prepared for the ride of your life! :megalol:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I had the same reaction when I used it in the A-10C for the first time. I've been away from flight sims for almost a year now and sold my Rift and other controllers. Just the other day I decided to get back into them, so I ordered a Rift, TM Warthog and a set of MFG Crosswinds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

thanks for the comments.

dburne - I found myself at work, wanting to get home and jump on this bad boy. I feel like a kid going to Disneyland for the first time, all over again.

John H - I did get the Touch controllers with the Rift. What a cool setup this is with 'em. Plus, I received a $100 voucher for the Occulus store. I just ordered another SSD, so that I can use it for the VR game storage.

Hawk - you're right buddy. You've been pinging me to get on the VR bandwagon for a while now. I should've listened to you sooner!

All - I let Wifey take the Rift out for a spin. She was shaking her head at how incredible this is.

Woot!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

thanks for the comments.

dburne - I found myself at work, wanting to get home and jump on this bad boy. I feel like a kid going to Disneyland for the first time, all over again.

John H - I did get the Touch controllers with the Rift. What a cool setup this is with 'em. Plus, I received a $100 voucher for the Occulus store. I just ordered another SSD, so that I can use it for the VR game storage.

Since you have the Touch controllers, be sure and take Robo Recall for a spin ( it is free with Touch). That game is freaking hilarious.

All - I let Wifey take the Rift out for a spin. She was shaking her head at how incredible this is.

Lol mine was as well. However you gotta watch them, mine took a video of me playing Dead and Buried with Touch without my knowledge, it was not a pleasant thing to see lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Robo Recall is great fun and very well done for what it is, a big dumb shoot everything that moves type of game, but designed with the rift in mind from the start. The graphics are also very impressive, are they still giving it free with touch or has that offer finished?

I would recommend Mission:ISS too, you don't do much other than float around bits of the International Space Station, but you do get a genuine feeling of weightlessness, and I lost a whole morning just floating around looking at stuff, staring out of the window, poking things and flinging screwdrivers and ketchup bottles around in zero-G. It was weird coming 'back to Earth' afterwards.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Robo Recall is great fun and very well done for what it is, a big dumb shoot everything that moves type of game, but designed with the rift in mind from the start. The graphics are also very impressive, are they still giving it free with touch or has that offer finished?

Yep, still comes free with activation of new Touch controllers.

I love it, have had a lot of fun with it and still do. Have played it through once, now I just go back in occasionally and play through again trying to get better scores.

The vast majority of my time is flight simming though, but it is fun for those occasional breaks in between missions.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There is no way, absolutely no way, I'll go back to flying with my big screen and TrackIR. Man, oh man...

I love how when even taxiing my K-4 with the cockpit open, I put my head out a little either way, and help with line of vision for moving around on the ground.

this is way too awesome...

do I sound like a satisfied customer? you bet!!!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

There is no way, absolutely no way, I'll go back to flying with my big screen and TrackIR. Man, oh man...

I love how when even taxiing my K-4 with the cockpit open, I put my head out a little either way, and help with line of vision for moving around on the ground.

this is way too awesome...

do I sound like a satisfied customer? you bet!!!

:thumbup:

I totally get it.

I got mine on Jan 15th and still feel the same today as well.

After a bit, you get used to the resolution and hardly notice it anymore - at least I don't.

Target spotting is not too bad, but ID'ing presents a challenge for sure. I only fly SP and fly with labels on.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Fly helos mainly and the dot labels mod works well

Link please?

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."