Update of the M-2000C Manual

baltic_dragon

Thanks for the update BD! Nice to hear that it's coming along.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, a small update: The HUD section is now ready, that was a big one to update - 26 pages in total with lots of screenshots. Moving on to another huge topic - NAV system.

!

Thanks Baltic Dragon! I wanted to ask if the manual represents the actual state of the HUD or is also the missing functionality covered?

One feature that is missing is obvious the triangle symbology (indicating a simultaneously magic and radar lock). Another one

is that, as seen in various M2000's hud videos (example

) with guns selected there is also visible the magic circle or the triangle (look at 3:18 forward).

In some older posts this was described as a ''background'' mode, and the purpose of this is that the pilot must know if and which target magic is tracking, in case he wants to switch quickly form guns to missiles.

Do you (or anyone else) know how do you bring up this ''extra'' (and missed currently in our module) symbology on the HUD? Does it appear automatically if guns are selected (from the respective hotas button) and magic seeker is activated (from the PPA panel) or another button must be pressed also (MAG on the PCA panel?). And is the magic seeker unlock button (on the HOTAS) working while in guns mode?

Have talked recently to a M2000(EG) pilot about that, he said that there is no ''background'' mode and couldn't understand what exactly i was asking for. Sorry for the little of topic, but it's related to the manual HUD chapter and perhaps this stuff is already impelemented in the updated manual.

Edited by jaguara5

Hey jaguara5, sorry for late reply. It represents the actual state - when things get updated I will also update the manual. I don’t want the same situation as with training missions which sometimes feature things that are not yet implemented and I get a lot of questions about these.

There is no way AFAIK to get the triangle as it is not modelled at this stage.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Also guys, a big request for help:

As you know, we have the Auxiliary Gunsight HUD mode, which basically needs some deflection tables in order to be useful. We don’t have these tables but I believe with some works put into it and experiments it can be developed, using the F-5 one as a basis, as per this thread LINK.

Is any of you willing to help and do that experiment and try to develop such a table that would be accurate for M-2000C that could later be included in the manual? I know it is a lot of work but may be very useful for all those flying the bird!

Many thanks in advance!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey jaguara5, sorry for late reply. It represents the actual state - when things get updated I will also update the manual. I don’t want the same situation as with training missions which sometimes feature things that are not yet implemented and I get a lot of questions about these.

There is no way AFAIK to get the triangle as it is not modelled at this stage.

Thanks for the reply! As for my question, i plan to visit the M2000 base in about 3 weeks, perhaps this time i got this answered and share the findings here.

thread subscribed, can't wait to reprint that manual to add to the collection

i7-6700K || 64 GB DDR4 || GTX TITAN X 12 GB || TM Warthog HOTAS ||

TheAwesomePedals || OpenTrack-Custom clip || Logitech G13 and G35

F-14 | F/A-18C | A10-C | AV-8B NA | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | Ka50 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | FC3 | CA

Caucasus | Nevada NTTR | Persian Gulf

If you can build it why not!!!

How often do they do updates?

When is the next update expected?

The reason I ask is I am about to print out the manual in it's current state, but if there will be an update soon I will hold off for a couple weeks...

No one knows, the last documented update to M-2000 was in april and the last change to the manual was almost a year ago (sad). The current manual is lacking in many areas, and sometimes simply outdated. I wouldn't bother with it right now, better wait for the new one from baltic_dragon.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

No one knows, the last documented update to M-2000 was in april and the last change to the manual was almost a year ago (sad). The current manual is lacking in many areas, and sometimes simply outdated. I wouldn't bother with it right now, better wait for the new one from baltic_dragon.
If i were you I would definitely wait. Baltic Dragon is updating it now and the current version is horribly our of date

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and thank you very much for this great work that you are doing.

Just two things.

Page 3, before last paragraph when you talk about the waypoint track angle error. Because it is not yet described, maybe it's difficult to understand. My opinion is that is better to move this on the point of the waypoint track angle error paragraph on the next page.

Page 4. There is an image that overlay the text.

M-2000C navigation system is not capable of displaying waypoints in 3D (so in the air at certain altitude) - so the cross will always be placed on the ground.

Hmm, is this something that's going to be changed in the future according to real aircraft capabilities? Because in the current version if I edit the WP altitude in the INS the cross will be displayed at the correct altitude.

Screen_171101_105056.thumb.jpg.e016c55e4b7c9a55da81b2c4a79f83c2.jpg

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

You can edit them yourself but by default they will be placed on the ground. Good catch, I think it should be changed.

So you're saying you are sure the real aicraft can't do it and this isn't just a DCS thing where the values entered in the Mission Editor don't get transferred into the cockpit (either by design or oversight)?

I guess altitude values would be transferred to the INS via data cartridge IRL.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

So you're saying you are sure the real aicraft can't do it and this isn't just a DCS thing where the values entered in the Mission Editor don't get transferred into the cockpit (either by design or oversight)?

I guess altitude values would be transferred to the INS via data cartridge IRL.

IRL the software that is used to create the Mirage flight plan default the waypoints altitude to the ground altitude but you can edit the waypoints in the aircraft to change their altitude.

IIRC the max altitude for waypoints is 20 kft (not really sure...).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA