BFVG WIP Thread

Raz_Specter

Hi Chaps, just thought i would share some of the stuff we are working on.

Cheers Specter

Screen_170826_222141.jpg

Screen_170826_222157.jpg

Screen_170826_222220.jpg

Screen_170826_222521.jpg

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Errr.... Now this could be interesting... because we could use moderd stuff to intercept... SAMs or Fighters.

V2? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

something a little different to what we normally do :)

Hopefully more to come in the pack.

Screen_170902_104640.jpg

Screen_170902_104643.jpg

Screen_170902_104650.jpg

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Pikey, I spent many hours on them :) Naked is doing the LUA so I will let him reply to that question :)

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its going to have some sort of target designation capability?

I mean. When you use artillery or rocket launcher units you can designate a target in the map. Its possible to do something like this with the mode?

Thanks a lot.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

haha, that's pretty awesome. Textures look good. Are you doing a weapon replacement for it's code?

Cheers Pikey, I did try and create a new weapon using two different methods, based on reverse engineering previous mods where new weapons had been introduced. Unfortunately neither attempt succeeded and I know others have encountered similar issues.

There are plenty of good guide materials associated with the addition of "AIRCRAFT" weaponry but next to nothing linked to either ship or land based missiles. I have adapted a current in game missile format to get the V1 airborne and this is where my current problem lay. I cannot get this to function as a standalone MOD without making changes to the core data... ie manually replacing an .edm file and missile table entry which is not ideal. So I am presently stuck at this hurdle, but I shall persevere. :thumbup:

Its going to have some sort of target designation capability?

I mean. When you use artillery or rocket launcher units you can designate a target in the map. Its possible to do something like this with the mode?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Esac_mirmidon,

Yes it does have targeting capability as I wanted it to launch without manually doing so from within CA. So I have managed to mimic a soviet ship launched SSN missile.

It means that to enable a launch, you have to spawn in a ship using the ME and the launcher will detect it and fire. I then deactivate the ship and the missile continues to that location. If you leave the ship active, it will blow it up providing it doesn't get shot down.

None of this is ideal but it was never created to be an actual weapon that would fly all the way to the south coast of England and beyond. Besides I am no .lua expert, I reverse engineer from within game elements and adapt to suit our MODs with the closest in game functionality. So everyday is a learning day for me lol. :thumbup:

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone that has experience of adding a new non aircraft weapon to DCS can help me out?

I am struggling to get the V1 Rocket into the game as a new weapon (missile). All the current guides I have followed but they are linked to aircraft stores and irrespective they don't appear to work either.

To be honest I would settle for being able to replace a missile .edm and modified missile data file from within the mod without having to manually replace the in-sim versions. Any ideas folks?

Thank you in advance.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Further Update

Unfortunately I didn't get a response to my query but I have managed to resolve my issue. The weapon now appears without having to modify core files.

I have also managed to get the V1 to launch at a designated "Fire Point" specified in the mission editor. In tests this morning I have managed to launch a V1 from just north of Gudauta and hit the runway at Batumi in 1.57 OpenBeta.

A few more tweaks and additional testing in Normandy will be required but things are looking promising so far. We will keep you posted. Cheers

attachment.php?attachmentid=168883&stc=1&d=1504963445

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey chaps

here are a couple of screen shots showing the progress

Cheers Specter

Screen_170914_100213.jpg

Screen_170914_110734.jpg

Screen_170914_124822.jpg

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Just a promo chaps :)

Cheer Specter

*Note - sorry chaps not sure why it didnt show.

Edited by Raz_Specter

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah not working spec........

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

OMG!

I am humbled and awed!

This is a dream come true for me.

When My Dad was stationed in Normandy, he was at the front, waiting in his work truck. (He was a radio man, expert) After fixing the command radio, a V1 landed close to his truck.

Shrapnel passed through the truck and tool box he was sitting on!

He said he shook for hours after that................

I must shoot them down!

You guys are awesome!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."