Red Aircraft

Jester986

I'm waiting for the DCS: Wright Flyer. With a full fidelity clickable...er...cockpit? DCS: Paper airplane?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I'm waiting for the DCS: Wright Flyer......

Hey now, that could be interesting. ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

FWIW, here's a sheet comparing "blue" vs "red" aircraft modules that are released, upcoming, planned, as well as some advanced, module-like mods that may or may not eventually become modules.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IImW0h0bz32fESoO-pxltRrD8MHwguzGsMQqqiM8kLc/edit?usp=sharing

Grand sum as it is:

38 confirmed Blue aircraft, 47 if not entirely confirmed ones included

vs

16 solid Red aircraft, 19 if cases of "maybe" are included as well.

So, yeah, there is a pretty huge gap if you look at what's coming. We'll see if more aircraft from Soviet Union, Russia, China etc. will be announced.

I would really love some MiG-23, MiG-27, Su-17/22, Su-24, MiG-25, J-7, A-5C etc. Past these, it doesn't seem too likely to happen soon but, if it can, I'd love some later ones too.

One thing about the lists though is that The West involves a small constellation of nations between the U.S. and Europe with their various industry groups, versus Russia - and China -

with just a few. But even though a tit for tat would certainly be in order, the West has a rich stable of aircraft I want to see in DCS pretty badly. Pardon me while I bring up my own little wishlist.

Red aircraft

Yak-130

MiG-23/27 Flogger

Su-24 Fencer

Su-30 Flanker-C

MiG-17 Fresco

MiG-19 Farmer

Tu-95 Bear

Tu-16 Badger

Tu-22M Backfire

Mi-24 Hind

Mi-26 Halo

Blue aircraft

Alphajet

A-4 Skyhawk

Jaguar

Harrier

Tornado

A-7 Corsair II

A-6 Intruder

F-111

F-15E Strike Eagle

F-16 Falcon

Rafale

Eurofighter Typhoon

B-52 Stratofortress

B-1B Lancer

AH-1 SuperCobra

UH-60 Blackhawk

CH-53 Super Stallion

CH-47 Chinook

12 vs 18, and there are certainly some aircraft left out like some Chinese makes, but that's a fairly even list with some which could be overlooked, like more troop helicopters for now. I know some are in roadmaps, but I think all of these should be. In addition, I'm hoping that ED would consider speccing up the A.I. assets in DCS so we could fly them. That would juice up the inventory nicely. I'll have to say though that those wanting the MiG-25 in the game will probably be disappointed at its performance, and will end up being Fox fodder in a dogfight, much like an attack aircraft like the F-111 would be. It's just a pure standoff interceptor, much like the F-106.

If this entire list was available for us to fly within a year between ED and third parties, and the talented modding community, that would make me super happy.

Team Red wish MiG-23/27, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-30 C, Yak-130, Tu-16, Tu-95, Tu-22M

Team Blue want AH-1W, AH-64, Alphajet, A-4, Jaguar, Tornado, F-16, A-6, A-7, F-111, F-15E, B-52, B-1B

• 2 weeks later...

Non Western Planes?

Hi,

Im really exited about all the great modules being developed currently, but I have been wondering for a while why there aren't more high fidelity russian planes among them. Afaik outside of the Mig 19 by Razbam and maybe the Mi24 by BST there are no non western modules in development at all. I understand that information on modern aircraft might be hard to come by, but surely this can't be the case for older planes like the Su 17/22 or Mig 23? (Btw, does anyone know why Razbam had to pull the plug on that one?)

This is a popular topic of discussion for some time now, and as linked above there has been threads/posts on that here, as well as on facebook communities.

While it may be unlikely for us to get newer Russian aircraft in full fidelity fashion, I am still optimistic for some red birds after the current wave of announced modules arrive, even if probably older ones up to 70s perhaps 80s.

Also, there are a few non-western aircraft that are either in dev or likely to become modules:

- Razbam's MiG-19P, as you too have mentioned.

- Belsimtek's Mi-24P

- OctopusG's I-16 may get released and become an actual module soon

- Blackcat Simulations is a group of skilled enthusiasts from community, who want to build a Tu-22M3 module.

- Deka Ironworks Simulations is a team from China, and they are working on a JF-17 Thunder module, with the intentions of building a full on high fidelity product of this quite modern light multirole fighter. While it may not be that traditionally "red", it is still a fairly advanced aircraft from a non-western designer.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Out of curiosity, which modules do you fly?

This is a rather amusing OffTopic, but what the heck.

I believe I bought every modern aircraft newer than the F-86, except the Mi-8, and the non-Russian modules. I decided to tackle a trainer first, makes logistic sense, right? and chose the C-101 thinking it had working attack capability. Well, every time I begin to get the thing airborne - after getting reschooled on the controls - I get to the runway for takeoff and something ALWAYS interrupts me. And then I can't get back into it for a week. My life is so random... and I'm single! :doh: Maybe today or tamale...

As for the topic, I guess I'm lucky that I'm not a hardcore simmer. I cut my teeth on simcade fighter games for computers and consoles, so I'm fairly easy to please. The politics casualty of DCS craft and armor is one of those things that just is. I want to get my hands on an F-22, but the only way that's going to happen is for someone to make a mod, and that would be a best guess proposition for just about every aspect. I'd still like to see it in the air though.

And then there's the waiting game. I keep drooling over the DCS roadmap, and fretting that some juicy birds won't be on our plates possibly for years. And the more serious Combined Arms capability. I played around with Desert Combat, a Battlefield 1942 mod by a team that went on to join EA/DICE, and it's arcade as heck but a total blast. One of these days I want to get ARMA going. I love being boots on the ground about as much as playing flyboy, so any action on CA would be welcomed by me.

Well, to finish lunch and see if I can FINALLY log some airtime. :music_whistling:

Team Red wish MiG-23/27, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-30 C, Yak-130, Tu-16, Tu-95, Tu-22M

Team Blue want AH-1W, AH-64, Alphajet, A-4, Jaguar, Tornado, F-16, A-6, A-7, F-111, F-15E, B-52, B-1B