DCS and Pimax

Wags

I'll wait until more consumers and players test out the new system and give their reviews ...they should be coming out soon ...time will tell if I'll feel anxious about my pledge ....There are limitations and pros and cons with every set out there at the moment.

What I'd like to know is .....Is it better than Vive Pro and Rift at this given time in a gaming environment .

Edited by Hellcat

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I'll wait until more consumers and players test out the new system and give there reviews ...they should be coming out soon ...time will tell if I'll feel anxious about my pledge ....There are limitations and pros and cons with every set out there at the moment.

What I'd like to know is .....Is it better than Vive Pro and Rift at this given time in a gaming environment .

It's still a prototype and has some stuff to finish yet. You can't compare it to either Rift or Vive because it's not a 110 fov and most importantly, it's not for sale. Pimax still has yet to achieve true 200 fov and the CES complaints are apparently due to pushing the v5 fov out of whack. They also have yet to achieve 90Hz and now are looking at April before they will know if they have beat that one.

I wouldn't think it will see retail until late in the year. Their hand contollers and base stations won't be done till April at least.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

I see no relevance at all for the 90Hz argument.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Apparently some dummy filed/sanded down the sensors so that is why tracking was all jacked up.

Can you offer a source for that tidbit?

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Pimax reply to latest issues:

"V5 is the first prototype after the tooling for mass production. It requests lots of tuning works. However, we still decide to bring it to CES to showcase the backers the latest version.

We made several changes with v5 before CES. For example, the lenses and the mechanical design of the lenses are both new tooling version. The change may lead to new issues, e.g. the reflections, but the issues will be eliminated and the benefit of the new design will reveal after fine tuning. To reach approximate 30% increase in terms of brightness level, we added 3 more LEDs in the backlight panel from 12 to 15 and increased the LED current supply to the panel as well. As a result, the current supply in other parts decreases and new issues occurs e.g. tracking performance. It's not hard to resolve, the team is working on it. We use valve tracking technology, the tracking performance won't be an issue at all in the final product.

After hardware and software fine tuning and all the issues resolved, we plan to ship limited number of testing units to selected backers, and may bring the units to more backers to test via roadshows. The details of the issues and analysis, along with shipping schedule will be updated later this month."

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+

Yes the actual reply this morning was to my query.

90.png

xunshu

6h

1793_1.png dogbite

V5 is the first prototype after the tooling for mass production. It requests lots of tuning works.

However, we still decide to bring it to CES to showcase the backers the latest version.

We made several changes with v5 before CES.

For example, the lenses and the mechanical design of the lenses are both new tooling version. The change may lead to new issues, e.g. the reflections, but the issues will be eliminated and the benefit of the new design will reveal after fine tuning.

To reach approximate 30% increase in terms of brightness level, we added 3 more LEDs in the backlight panel from 12 to 15 and increased the LED current supply to the panel as well. As a result, the current supply in other parts decreases and new issues occurs e.g. tracking performance. It's not hard to resolve, the team is working on it.

We use valve tracking technology, the tracking performance won't be an issue at all in the final product.

After hardware and software fine tuning and all the issues resolved, we plan to ship limited number of testing units to selected backers, and may bring the units to more backers to test via roadshows.

The details of the issues and analysis, along with shipping schedule will be updated later this month.

Kind of hard to tell anything from that DCS video. Was the plane actually flying?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Kind of hard to tell anything from that DCS video. Was the plane actually flying?

Indeed, we're gona have to wait 'til someone from this forum has a try with it.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

It doesnt really matter. It would be very hard to tell much anyway from these sort of clips or the 'through the lens' ones.

The point is if they've chosen DCS as their main gaming demonstration (as ghetto and amateur as it was) at CES then it tells me its an important title for them to optimise for their headset.

I take full credit since I brought DCS to their attention and have lobbied hard for its inclusion:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I

I take full credit since I brought DCS to their attention and have lobbied hard for its inclusion:)

Thanks Rage, hopefully this next stage for VR aligns nicely with the launch of the DCS F/A-18C hornet! Glad you help connect Pimax to DCS. The stars are aligning :thumbup:

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

It doesnt really matter. It would be very hard to tell much anyway from these sort of clips or the 'through the lens' ones.

Well in that case those videos do not really tell us a thing.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

dburne whats up man? Your posts are always brimming with enthusiasm when it concerns the rift but laced with negativity with regards to the Pimax.

Pimax may revolutionise VR for DCS in the coming months. Even if it does so it will not detract from your own enjoyment of the rift.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

dburne whats up man? Your posts are always brimming with enthusiasm when it concerns the rift but laced with negativity with regards to the Pimax.

Pimax may revolutionise VR for DCS in the coming months. Even if it does so it will not detract from your own enjoyment of the rift.

I have to say I've noticed that too ......

• Like 1

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I just have not been much a fan of their marketing techniques, but I am not against them I hope it will be revolutionary and successful, which would be great for VR as a whole.

Don B

As far as passing on this one, you have no choice. This isn't a retail product it's a Kickstarter. You can't buy one at this time. You may get a chance late this year thanks to those of us funding this development. As a Rift owner, I will not be unhappy if Oculus responds (don't see that happening this year). I hope they do because one thing is for sure -Pimax is not my last vr headset -just my next one.

I have a choice - whenever it is available for sale - well actually like I said, I made my choice and I won't be buying one ;)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I just have not been much a fan of their marketing techniques, but I am not against them I hope it will be revolutionary and successful, which would be great for VR as a whole.

I agree no matter how people sugar coat it Pimax come across as deceitful.

I don't think it's as bad as that. My concern as a backer is that the original unit didn't inspire any confidence. But I'm hoping they learned from their mistakes. Adding Vive tracking is an example. We'll see in about 4-6 months.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Being a packer of the Pimax has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster of enthusiasm to disappointment in a cycle. I understand kickstarting is never a sure thing and not to be used as a store front... but pimax has made some weird marketing decisions and sometimes seemed a tad bit like they were in over their heads.

This could turn out to be a huge failure or it could be one of the first headsets that make you say... yea VR is now THE best way to fly.... or somewhere in between.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Come on guy you obviously forgot that Oculus until Facebook buying it even have much more problems than Pimax have right now.

It is normal progress of such complex product which offer so much new and unique experience. Just remember DK1 days and how long it was until DK2 and than how long we wait till CV1 release which is forced to be released and was way overpriced even Oculus promise will be less than 400$.

Personally I believe in Pimax8k even 5k too, and there is no rush. It is in our interest to test properly without rushing and create proper product. If this means we need even version 15 of the prototype.

As I see on the forums Pimax change a little strategy and delay is eminent. They starting to massively testing product among chosen backers before will be released.

That means bad and good news. Product is delaying it is bad news but good news is that will be properly and thoroughly tested what is in our interest as consumers. I will tell you just this, be patient.

And I forgot to tell you this with new Vive pro and Oculus Go which will released in next 6 to 9 months which is just minor advance from first gen VR forget about it you will see somenthing really new gen2 VR from Valve and Oculusin next 2.5 or 3 years. Pimax is your only chance for really new experience in 2018. And be honest to your self how much did you know about this products before CES 2018? Nothing. This is just marketing and that have nothing with product quality, just showing better financial power and marketing experience nothing else related to product it self.

So don't judge something just based on marketing.

Edited by wormeaten

So don't judge something just based on marketing.

Oh we don't. As it is common to say "Fool me once, shame on me ; fool me twice, shame on me". I'll just wait for the revolution.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC