Introducing the VPC WarBRD

Cyph3r

I saw my desired stick's status changed to 'in stock' this morning, but by the time I got to checkout they were sold out again. Frustrated much?

I know this is probably one of the best sticks available now and worth the wait but I NEED a new stick urgently as my Cougar's gimbal has prety well fallen apart. I don't think i can wait four months & at the same time I don't want to waste money on a Warthog just because they're available.

Same sort of story with VKB, pay up & wait. Maybe not as long as for a Virpil, but I'm not exactly flushed with confidence in their customer service having read some forum posts, which is a shame as it looks the slightly better product of the two.

Just venting here as I rarely have money to burn & now that I have, I can't get what I've been needing for some time...

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain, I have dealt with both companies and the waiting can get excruciating at times. I expressed my frustrations with this when it was going on for me numerous times.

But once you have the device in hand, you will quickly forget all the waiting.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Me too, ordered two weeks ago :-) (warBRD base and joystick 10cm extender)

Are these things green lit for extensions now? Thought VPC said that was a no-no?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yea I thought they said extensions were not to be used with the warBRD. Surprised people that ordered last month are getting shipped first before others that ordered in April. Probably no control over how that works though.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Are these things green lit for extensions now? Thought VPC said that was a no-no?

I bought an extension for a warthog, not warBRD. I want to have two sets, warthog with extensions and warBRD desktop. But I don't think so short extensions make any difference.

Yep WarBRD was billed as desktop joystick only.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hey guys - just to clarify about the VPC WarBRD and extensions.

The VPC WarBRD is designed as a desktop stick. The cam profiles and the spring strengths are designed with desktop use in mind. The max deflection angle of the VPC WarBRD is also larger due to it being designed with desktop use in mind. If you use extensions, the overall stroke length would be quite large and could lead to clearance issues. Because of this, we do not recommend using extensions.

It's not a question of strength or quality!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That looks like an intense workout, did the stick work ok afterwards & was there any physical effect on the gimbal?

If you need any help with testing to destruction, I have a 3 year-old boy here who has already found & exceeded the stress limits of my Cougar stick...

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

That looks like an intense workout, did the stick work ok afterwards & was there any physical effect on the gimbal?

If you need any help with testing to destruction, I have a 3 year-old boy here who has already found & exceeded the stress limits of my Cougar stick...

It survived the test without a single issue!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The VPC WarBRD is designed as a desktop stick. The cam profiles and the spring strengths are designed with desktop use in mind. The max deflection angle of the VPC WarBRD is also larger due to it being designed with desktop use in mind. If you use extensions, the overall stroke length would be quite large and could lead to clearance issues. Because of this, we do not recommend using extensions.

Cyph3r - see that? The bit I just quoted? Put that in the description for the WarBRD on the sales site, also a similar one specifically for the T-50. It would make matters very clear for a lot of interested folk who are currently confused.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

That wasn't clear to me too, but i ordered the T50 base afterall.

The case that the warbird is not recommended for use with extensions should be more clear to future buyers.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Got my email with ems tracking number! Excited to get my stuff finally!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Got my email with ems tracking number! Excited to get my stuff finally!

When did you order?

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

When did you order?
I placed my order for a warBRD base and black edition T-50 grip on April 20th. Yesterday another person had posted that they also received their tracking number.

Tracking says it has been sent and left Minsk.

Hey guys - just to clarify about the VPC WarBRD and extensions.

At one point it was said (in the Russian forums, by Baur himself) that using extensions would void the WarBRD warranty.

If the only issue is the maximum deflection and not the danger of breaking or bending something, then I don't see why using extensions would mean you lose the warranty (of course, it's also difficult to prove someone used extensions).

So, can you comment on this warranty aspect? Make it clear, one way or another.

Any mechanical damage caused by the user will void the warranty. Extension is an additional lever, increases the probability of accidental damage. Warbrd is less massive in structure than T-50.

I think that so :-)

I am looking for an official answer regarding the warranty of WarBRD if you use extensions.

The extension acts as a lever on MongoosT-50, too and there you can use them (as long as you keep the total under 150 mm).

I explained the context of my question.

The Warbird seems best to me as an option for using on the desktop where extensions aren't a factor because the last thing you want is to get the stick higher. If you're mounting between the legs with their mount or something custom why wouldn't you go with what is already the known working Virpil solution?

WarBRD has arrived today :-)

Fast comparision warthog base vs warBRD

warBRD is definitely lighter and more compact.

smoothness of warBRD is amazing, without any sticking.

Unfortunately, some warthoga buttons do not work with warBRD :-/

I am waiting for the answer of the support

WarBRD has arrived today :-)

Fast comparision warthog base vs warBRD

warBRD is definitely lighter and more compact.

smoothness of warBRD is amazing, without any sticking.

Unfortunately, some warthoga buttons do not work with warBRD :-/

I am waiting for the answer of the support

Interesting. I've heard the warthog stick behaving funny with the normal t-50 base too. People had to make sure that the grip was properly plugged into the base socket.

What buttons are not recognized?

I know the CMS switch would definitely only be a button. Master mode switch is probably also not recognized.

But have you found the t-50 grip enough buttons to replicate the Warthog grip?

Also, did you change the springs to the stronger ones before you put the warthog grip on?

Edited by sze5003

Yea that is strange. Hopefully it's a software thing and not a problem with the base.

Yea that is strange. Hopefully it's a software thing and not a problem with the base.

I also hope that it is only a firmware problem. My warBRD has serial number 000007 :-)

EDIT

Problem solved after loading the correct device profile.

Fast, professional service response :-)

Edited by gcze