Red Flag Rumble - New Year's Eve

IronMike

Attention:

Slight changes to the briefing:

SA-3 and Roland Sites have been changed to SA-6 on both sides.

Strela one on red has been replaced by strela 10 to match the chaparall.

Update: There are 7 Bridges in Krymsk, red must destroy. The moust southern railbridge however is a lifeline to Novo, so this one must not be destroyed.

Wind: 046° at 04kts

Cloud Cover 8

Slight Fog

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I managed to get the F-5 taxiing while Flight waited for me. The, luckily, nose bobbing like crazy, I managed to get flying without crashing. I knew how to get the radar on so I turned it on. GCI told me to turn it off. Next, get the AIM-9 up and running. It was wonderful to hear the familiar growl. I lost my flight within a minute. I checked F10 to make sure I didn't get too close to the no-fly zones only to hear GCI try to get me on the radio. I finally checked in with him who, I think, told me that bandits were at a bearing and were within 10 miles. I wondered, "Merge?" I think I heard him tell someone (me???) that missiles were out. I looked around to see the tracking trails heading for me around 4 o'clock. Defensive. (How to drop tanks???) More incoming.... then I got hit. 20 minutes of preparations, 2 minutes of flight, 15 seconds to figure out I was about to die, then Boom.

Oh, how much of an embarrassment I must have been! But... I didn't crash on landing! :music_whistling:

I feel bad that a reserve pilot would have done better than I did. I feel that I just didn't have enough training to be a serious help to the competition but, rather, a hindrance. For that, I apologise to everyone.

I do thank the 104th and all the pilots for having this competition. Maybe next time, I will do something that I have more experience with.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

The atmosphere on events like these is amazing...

An hour of briefing and setting up, a nice flight takeoff...

...reaching the AO, getting vectors for a group of Tigers...

...merge... two turns... the mig looses flyability... feeling stupid for a couple of seconds in a flat spin... eject... :D

Damn... 9/10 would do it again...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Thanks for taking part guys, full stream replay is available below

We are hard working on the scores and will post the results as soon as we can.

Have a great new year guys, thanks for your support this year, we'll see you in 2018 for some more epic PvP action!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Just finished watching the Live stream (started it late), really good stuff gents. And well done to Mav for keeping the stream entertaining even when there was a lull in the fighting.

S!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440