DCS: F/A-18C Hornet feature roadmap?

Schmidtfire

Since the early access Hornet will be very "bare bones" in early access, Im wondering what the overall plan and timeframe looks like.

For example, will we see the ground radar implemented during 2018?

The update schedule is a bit vauge after "late spring" release. So what is the plan, are we talking 3+ years of development time for the missing features or will most of them be included in the following months?

I understand that it is hard for several reasons to give exact dates on this stuff, but what is the overall gameplan for the Hornet?

Thanks

I'd love to see ED do this as well, though I doubt it will happen. Razbam had done the same thing with the Mirage and they still received a ton of flack from a vocal minority.

Minority?

Minority?

Yes, there was a small group of people that threw fits and insults at Razbam during the early days of EA because things were not getting done in precisely the time Razbam was "shooting for." Razbam had great communication during that time even in regards to delays, but some refused to accept anything other than the original dates.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Yes. For every M2000C owner that uses this forum there will be hundreds that don't. Just because a few make a lot of noise, doesn't make them a majority.

I disagree, but thats not the point here, sorry for the off topic.

I would also like to see the F18 roadmap, it'd be nice.

Doesn't matter if you are a fake news fan. There are facts, and there are delusions. The majority are silent on all matters. "Empty vessels make the most noise" as my gran always used to say. We get a few pathetic souls who know only complaint, and we hear them loud and clear. That doesn't put them in the majority however. Every module in DCS World will be selling in the thousands. How many people actually complain? I'd be surprised if it exceeds a hundred, so please, cut the bull.

And yes, I too would like to see a F/A-18C roadmap, but adding your final comment as an afterthought to your first post just doesn't cut any ice I am afraid. You're wrong, and you were the one causing the thread drift. Enough said now?

I'd be surprised if it exceeds a hundred, so please, cut the bull.

Please dont be rude, I have the right to disagree, I dont need to cut any bull.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• ED Team
Since the early access Hornet will be very "bare bones" in early access, Im wondering what the overall plan and timeframe looks like.

For example, will we see the ground radar implemented during 2018?

The update schedule is a bit vauge after "late spring" release. So what is the plan, are we talking 3+ years of development time for the missing features or will most of them be included in the following months?

I understand that it is hard for several reasons to give exact dates on this stuff, but what is the overall gameplan for the Hornet?

Thanks

They arent going to give anything right now, I would expect a steady stream of updates much like you have seen in development so far. Obviously some of the big items like A2G radar are going to be a lot of work.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

They arent going to give anything right now, I would expect a steady stream of updates much like you have seen in development so far. Obviously some of the big items like A2G radar are going to be a lot of work.

Ok, I see.... any good reason behind not giving anything? Surely there must be some kind of set schedule with approx finish dates?

There will always be some that say that pre-purchase is optional. But in this case it's very much not a choice for the majority of DCS fans, me included. All the hype and a 80$ full price are forcing more or less everyone to pre-purchase into the unkown.

I do very much know that these things takes time. If it can be done within 12 months thats great, if it will take 2 years that is fine too. Just don't like the idea of being left in the dark if I decide on an expensive pre-purchase thats all. I don't like the idea of spending every week looking at the newsletter/changelogs and wondering when x feature is to be expected. Showing faith in ED by buying into early access, I think that a feature roadmap with general timeframes are not much to ask.

Thanks

60 dollars vs clairvoyance, which one is more to ask?

you do understand that any statement published to the public always has and always will be de facto treated as a promise, and that the damage to reputation of a company is a far higher cost than your personal peace of mind?

lastly your accusation of extortion are also extortive in itself. nobody is forcing you to buy the module, and there will be sales at a lower price in the future. you're the only one talking yourself into buying it, and you're the only one accountable for the faith you put into pre-purchasing.

Edited by probad

Schmidtfire, in the past ED put info about content, modules and other info and someone start a frame war with very unfortunate destructive commentaries vs ED team and others teams, force to close some news, info, etc.

Actually the only real has "when that is done". Dont expected "on stone" dates or similar. Take care and wait for news.

While you are entitled to your opinions, I cannot say that I agree. Let me bring up one example:

The carrier. There has been several threads lately over several forums. - Should we wait for a bundle deal with carrier or not? How far away is it? (since ED sort of have confirmed that there will be some kind of bundle avalible)

People are asking with money in hand, but they are not given any clear answer and don't know what to do. Discussions like that could be avoided with good information and a roadmap.

60 dollars vs clairvoyance, which one is more to ask?

Is it too much to ask for both?

lastly your accusation of extortion are also extortive in itself. nobody is forcing you to buy the module, and there will be sales at a lower price in the future. you're the only one talking yourself into buying it, and you're the only one accountable for the faith you put into pre-purchasing.

They are hyping me into buying it, have been hyping it for a nr of years, having 20$ off the pre-purchase is agressive marketing. Especially since the expiration date for this offer is not known. And yes they are accountable for the faith I put in by supporting their unfinished work with a pre-sale.

Anyways, Im not here to pick a fight. But I think that a clear roadmap with prioritized features and rough estimates will be a good thing and something that the community would appreciate. That's all.

• ED Team

I am not sure how giving $20 discount is "aggressive marketing" but anyway.

ED are right not to give a road map just yet, things can change, and the focus now is getting the hornet out into the public.

Maybe after that has happened ED will share more info, but they have learned from experience that giving an insight into a best estimate timeline can be interpreted as set in stone by some, which then leads to frustration when those estimates are exceeded.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The carrier. There has been several threads lately over several forums. - Should we wait for a bundle deal with carrier or not? How far away is it? (since ED sort of have confirmed that there will be some kind of bundle avalible)

If you wait long enough you could get a deal that included SoH + Hornet + Carrier. You have the choice to pre-purchase the Hornet now or wait. That is your choice and your choice alone. You acknowledge that ED has said bundle deals are likely, so do you want to wait for said deal or not? If you do, then simply just wait...

People are asking with money in hand, but they are not given any clear answer and don't know what to do. Discussions like that could be avoided with good information and a roadmap.
Yes they do know what to do; they can pre-purchase or wait for a "better deal." A good roadmap will not avoid any discussions that you are mentioning.

They are hyping me into buying it, have been hyping it for a nr of years, having 20$ off the pre-purchase is agressive marketing. Especially since the expiration date for this offer is not known. And yes they are accountable for the faith I put in by supporting their unfinished work with a pre-sale.
Building hype is all about marketing. To entice your customer base to purchase a product. $20 off is not "aggressive marketing" in the least bit. $20 is an enticement to pre-purchase now versus waiting for release.

The expiration date of the pre-purchase discount is irrelevant. You either want to pre-purchase the module or you don't. It doesn't matter if the Hornet were being released tomorrow or next year. YOU and you alone have the choice to decide if YOU want to pre-purchase the Hornet at the given price or not.

Anyways, Im not here to pick a fight. But I think that a clear roadmap with prioritized features and rough estimates will be a good thing and something that the community would appreciate. That's all.
I've already given you a reason why we most likely will not get a roadmap.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I would hazard a guess that when the carrier is ready, there will some sort of discount for those that already purchased the Hornet. Didn't it work that way with Normandy and the Assets pack?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I'm not sure if it will help.... but for me the deal was clear.

I watched the videos from waggs and got hooked. By the map and by the hornet.

New caucasus is free, available soon. Hornet is 59$, available in some months, promised before 21 june.

Would I pay to have the hornet in the status we see in the video ? to me yes. Will it be complete a day with ground radar and all functions and weapons ? yes it's promised.

What will be the precise Schedule is not relevant - ED's work is not in question. What is relevant is : does it already worth the price knowing that they will complete it. Each one to answer but we have material to.

• ED Team
I would hazard a guess that when the carrier is ready, there will some sort of discount for those that already purchased the Hornet. Didn't it work that way with Normandy and the Assets pack?

It's safe to assume there will be different types of bundle deals down the road involving this that and everything. But there is no crystal ball right now. We dont know when the Carrier will be ready for prime time, we dont know when SoH will be ready, we dont know when all this will come along. Right now the deal is you get $20 USD off the Hornet before EA starts. That is the only thing you can take to the bank right now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 1 year later...