DCS 2.5 Freezes

MAD-MM

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gday All

So i tried this link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203614 in an earlier post to see if it would work for me, unfortunately for me it hasn't. I can fly for 20 min before before it freezes where as before it was about 10 min. I can see when its about to freeze as the game starts to stutter before it locks up, but i can still hear the game even thought my screens go black.

Ive flown twice with the setup according to the link, the first time it froze, i could close the game via task manager. The second time it locked up hard my fans increased in rpm (assuming it was the vid card fans) and i had to reset the computer.

Im assuming those of us that are having this problem probably don't make up a large portion of the community, but i do hope its getting looked at, knowing this probably isn't an easy problem to solve.

Just going on the record, love the sim, thanks DCS thumbup.gif

WITH ENOUGH THRUST, LIFT IS IRRELEVANT!

So here we go again. DCS 2.5 continues to freeze after purchasing a new MB and CPU. Now using Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 with an Intel 8700K and dual NVidia 970's in SLI, TM Warthog Hotas and CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR, triple 27" monitors. I can fly for hours and hours without a single glitch or stutter in Ver. 1.58, but never more than 35 minutes without a hard freeze in Ver. 2.5. Attached are the log files for both 1.58 and 2.5. It also freezes in 2.2 but I presume it's using the same script.

So here we go again. DCS 2.5 continues to freeze after purchasing a new MB and CPU. Now using Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 with an Intel 8700K and dual NVidia 970's in SLI, TM Warthog Hotas and CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR, triple 27" monitors. I can fly for hours and hours without a single glitch or stutter in Ver. 1.58, but never more than 35 minutes without a hard freeze in Ver. 2.5. Attached are the log files for both 1.58 and 2.5. It also freezes in 2.2 but I presume it's using the same script.

Try set , in DCS configs :

3 Screens (instead one);

and, fullscreen (instead windowed)

:thumbup:

For all who tried a lot, but its still freezing. Check my post here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201601

Maybe this workaround will help you a bit and you can at least enjoy DCS again.

does this work for a single screen? I've tried and when I restarted DCS it was a black screen and had to kill it through task manager.

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

Getting sick of the freezes now, I know ED are working on fixes but I just want it to work as it should! No crash logs, just the audio continues playing etc.

6700K, ASUS Pro Gaming M/B, 16gb Kinston DDR4 2400, Strix 1070, Triple 24" with 19" MFD Screen 1080p, HOTAS Warthog, MFDs

• ED Team
Getting sick of the freezes now, I know ED are working on fixes but I just want it to work as it should! No crash logs, just the audio continues playing etc.

We understand the frustration, but the work required for the fix is a large task, I would suggest using the release version if the beta issues are getting to much.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just a friendly (and possibly useless and/or stupid) reminder, but if you're using any overclocks, get rid of them first and try again. I had my GTX980 OC'd pretty conservatively and everything was fine while I benchmarked it - but DCS started freezing hard with the scheme regardless so I had to tone it down! And this even when the temps and everything were just fine...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team
Just a friendly (and possibly useless and/or stupid) reminder, but if you're using any overclocks, get rid of them first and try again. I had my GTX980 OC'd pretty conservatively and everything was fine while I benchmarked it - but DCS started freezing hard with the scheme regardless so I had to tone it down! And this even when the temps and everything were just fine...

I have seen this with other users also, Some had very small overclocks but once removed DCS was more stable for them.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

does this work for a single screen? I've tried and when I restarted DCS it was a black screen and had to kill it through task manager.

thanks

Well this is only for triple screen users. I'm sorry that you had a black screen, but this is "expected" since the screen boundarys do not match your existing setup. Unfortunately it seems that you have a different freeze issue. :( The fix I posted did help me and from further investigation it seems that quite a few triple screen users could fix their freezes with reducing the FOV to ~120. However, if you have a triple screen setup, FOV 120 on triple screen feels life looking through a mail slot... :( With the changes to the camera.lua file it is possible to sqeeze everything together and have normal vertical FOV again using at least some benefit of the enhance FOV when using triple screen. I play this way and can enjoy DCS. :)

We understand the frustration, but the work required for the fix is a large task, I would suggest using the release version if the beta issues are getting to much.

has this been fixed with update 4 ?

i could avoid these freezes by changing my maxZoomFOV <= 120 (on a triple head monitor)

but it is to close to HUD view. i hope i could use FOV 140 in future ( like in 1.5.8 )

Edited by caponi

too much ...

• ED Team
has this been fixed with update 4 ?

You may see some improvement, however ED are still working on the memory issues, when we have more news we will pass it on.

• ED Team

no problem, open betas can be frustrating sometimes. Use the release version for a more stable experience.

at the moment for me no problem as smooth as oil, I suspect that part of the problems is from the users in the mess with the files I have installed only a few skins and that's it ....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Hi

I have some problems.I was use DCS 2.5 after last uptade.I saw problems some planes with new uptade. Forexample

-F15C Joy Not work %100 ( Ihave saitek X55 Rhinio)Ruder, Flaps, Roll, Pitch, Trothell etc. my joystic profils working in DCS (v2.5.0.15085) options/control.

-Mig 21 Bis; Game crash

-Su27; Game crash

-Su 33; Game crashF5E; Game crash

Any idea or solitions?:(

ASUS SABERTOOTH X79

İ7 4930k 3.4 Ghz

Zotac NVDIA Geforce GTX 1070 AMP Extreme Edition

GSKILL 2133Mhz 32GB ram

Coller Master 2012 EVO Cpu Cooler

Cooler Master Chassis

High Power 1200W psu

Saitek X55 Rhino h.o.t.a.s

TrackIR 4 pro 240GB SSD

• ED Team

2.5.0.15184.338 seems to have been pushed to open beta

please update and try the fix

thanks

This is still an issue for me with the latest update.

Quite easy to reproduce as well.

Load up 'FW-190 Cold start-Normandy' and slew the view in cockpit quickly for a while, after some time it will freeze the sim.

For me the RAM usage drops slightly, and the graphics process is updated only once every 5 seconds resulting in a DCS slash screen at intervals.

Occurs with either 3 or 1 screen setup.

Higher settings, Fov, System load and user device input(slewing cockpit view) appear to shorten the time it would take to resolve to a complete freeze.

flying SU-33 in Normandy

perform 3 starts and landings from Kuztnezzov in one session

3 monitors 1 screen 5760 * 1080 FOV 140 :music_whistling:

freeze ... :mad:

there are a lot of errors in the log.

maybe it helps a bit ...

DCS last hotfix over update 4

Nvidia 391.1

too much ...