Bightness issue?

First time I try 2.5 (I was waiting for the official release).

I don't have any major bug, but I didn't know where else to put that new issue.

With 2.5 I have some problem with brightness and contrasts.... Depending of how sunny the mission I am flying in is, there are moments where I can barely see some of the information on my cockpit. And not because of a "natural sun glare" thing, but just because of some weird contrast and brightness issue.

For instance, I was doing the Su25T training missions, and I was barely able to see the yellow information on my ADI, as the yellow arrows were essentially the same color as the white background.

As I fly around, I did notice that when the sun is in front of me, instead of behind me, then it gets a little bit better, but it's still kinda difficult to read....

I have tried playing with the Gamma slider in "settings", I have also tried changing my monitor Brightness and Contrast setting, but nothing really helps.

Is it on purpose? I mean, it doesn't even feel like some natural sun glare. It just really looks like bad contrast...

Anybody having that kind of "problem"?

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

Yes, I have the same problem ... I mitigate it with the gamma setting, and if I´m on single player I edit the mission to early morning or late afternoon, to avoid the mid-day light :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I guess I should have put this in "Release version" section of the forum...

I guess changing the time of day is indeed a decent workaround, but... I mean I'd rather not have that issue at all.

I'm curious to see if I just increase some texture settings or something...?

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

Unfortunately, the lighting, shading and colour vibrance in 2.5 is all over the place. Works and looks best in dawn/dusk hours, but much worse in midday hours. That's with Deferred Shading on. You can try to turn it off for some problematic missions, though it's obviously not a good long-term solution either.

I know people are making some HUD mods for various modern planes to adress the visibility issues, but since I don't fly Su-25, I don't know if anything similar is available for it in "Mods" section of the forum.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I apologize in advance if the question seems stupid, or arrogant but...

Why is 2.5 out then??? I thought it was supposed to be a big improvement in graphics, performance of the engine, etc...

I mean... having lighting, shading and color vibrance all over the place is kind of a big deal, no?

I apologize in advance if the question seems stupid, or arrogant but...

Why is 2.5 out then??? I thought it was supposed to be a big improvement in graphics, performance of the engine, etc...

I mean... having lighting, shading and color vibrance all over the place is kind of a big deal, no?

When it was called "Open Beta" such things could be forgiven. But now that its been renamed "Release" (with all the same bugs and problems) I am completely disgusted with ED. To the point where Ive started looking for alternatives , like IL2 sims.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

When it was called "Open Beta" such things could be forgiven. But now that its been renamed "Release" (with all the same bugs and problems) I am completely disgusted with ED. To the point where Ive started looking for alternatives , like IL2 sims.

Yes that is my point exactly. And that was the main reason why I was waiting for the released version. I didn't want a "semi-finished" product. Seems it is anyway...

I read in another thread that they are working on night time lighting issues, so maybe this will also cover the gamma/brightness behavior "in general".

I'm crossing my fingers...

In time, all cockpits will be redone so they look beautiful and realistic with Deferred Shadown turned on.

You can see here that ED has already acklowedged the issue for the Ka-50. I guess the Su-25T fixing is also a "top priority" as it is often the first module people get to play with. Third party devs will also update their aircrafts (e.g. Hawk).

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.