JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Hello all!

Are they going to be any upgrades for the JF-17 soon? I read that Pakistan already have block 3.

I've been flying JF-17 for a while and everyday I'm still finding new stuff on it lol

Besides of that, any serious pilots or squadron who flies the JF-17 daily ? 

33 minutes ago, RyuKim said:

Are they going to be any upgrades for the JF-17 soon?

Not likely, tough I do hope that the current chinese manual will be translated to english soon  🙂

The Deka team is probably busy developing their next Module, the J-8 II

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Not likely, tough I do hope that the current chinese manual will be translated to english soon 

Interesting! I saw the manual but I didn't bother looking at all. I had a few times trying to search something but the translation was weird

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The Deka team is probably busy developing their next Module, the J-8 II

I heard about it but I don't see any updates at all. Any redfor FF planes are welcome! Beside of the J-8, is Deka planning creating other module ?

5 minutes ago, RyuKim said:

Interesting! I saw the manual but I didn't bother looking at all.

What manual did you saw? ... there is just a Quick Guide in english language:

287LKc7.jpg

The chinese Flight manual has 336 pages, the Quick Guide just 63 ... DCS is a study-level simulator, so for me a proper Manual is kind of a big deal.

5 minutes ago, RyuKim said:

Beside of the J-8, is Deka planning creating other module ?

Doubtful, the effort required to develop a DCS Module makes it really hard to do several Modules in parallel.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

23 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

What manual did you saw? ... there is just a Quick Guide in english language:

287LKc7.jpg

The chinese Flight manual has 336 pages, the Quick Guide just 63 ... DCS is a study-level simulator, so for me a proper Manual is kind of a big deal.

Doubtful, the effort required to develop a DCS Module makes it really hard to do several Modules in parallel.

I already knew the existence of those files but I took Chuck as a guide and some videos on YouTube. But I'm up for the complete English manual, that would help a lot!

I see, I hope Deka give us some progress work ! 

ChatGPT seemed to do a decent job of translating the manual. You'll need to give it a hint like "this is documentation for a module in DCS, the JF-17 Thunder. It gives details on how to use the fighter jet in the game. Please translate this to english."

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys. Would be great to have a possibility to set “up”(forward)/“down” (back) buttons for all three-way switches (like we can do in f-16).
For example, we have master arm/off/sim switch. I can press “up” one time, if I need to put it to the “master arm” position. I can press “down” one time, if I need to put it to “off” position. Furthermore, I can press “down” one more time, If I need to put it to “sim” position.
It could be truly helpful to set up my devices properly.

19 hours ago, Alex Hound said:

Hey, guys. Would be great to have a possibility to set “up”(forward)/“down” (back) buttons for all three-way switches (like we can do in f-16).
For example, we have master arm/off/sim switch. I can press “up” one time, if I need to put it to the “master arm” position. I can press “down” one time, if I need to put it to “off” position. Furthermore, I can press “down” one more time, If I need to put it to “sim” position.
It could be truly helpful to set up my devices properly.

https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector

https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Alex Hound said:

Is it possible to play on popular public servers with this mod?

It passes IC as far as I know! 👍🏻
To be honest. ED should just incorporate this in the core since this awesome community does the job for them. Kudos to Heatblur for adding these community keybinds to the Tomcat, and kudos to India Fox Techo for adding keystrokes to ALL of the keybinds in the MB-339, even if it lacks a lot of keybinds.

@uboats Why don't you guys take a look into what @Munkwolf already made, and just apply it to the module while crediting him?
Then IC won't be an issue for the Jeff in any case!

Cheers!

• Like 3

On 8/24/2023 at 11:44 AM, Napillo said:

Just saw this video, it's an older one, but here you go: 

I wish that was the case but instead its this display with RD-93.

WS-13 for now has been postponed. More likely, the in dev WS-17 or 19 for J-35 will replace 13 and be offered, we don't know final name.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if the JF-17 radar will have an update, like the F16 and F18? I found out that the max range is about 80nm (look up) and 50nm (look down). I don't know if these parameters are correct, please let me know. Of course, I'm not asking for the AESA version hehe

Is there any way to share waypoints with the JF-17? Like the DTC-DCS or TheWayDTC ? For example, the mirage has a folder named datacartridge where you can place a miz file and the mirage will automatically recognize it and insert the flight plan in to the computer. I know the F10 and inserting WPT1 as label is a fast way to create waypoints but since I'm flying with a squadron, they usually have a pre-flight plan that already has waypoints for the F1-6,5,4 , M2K and they use the software that I mentioned. Another way around is inserting waypoints manually 😆

I wish, I believe that liberation mod does setup the waypoints for you, I have flown a few missions and they were already setup. Still, would be nice if I could make a 'dtc.json' and just load it like a normal DTC, just ask ground crew to load the 'blue' cart, or purple, or red, or whatever, something.

On 10/28/2023 at 10:42 AM, RyuKim said:

Is there any way to share waypoints with the JF-17?

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Roger01 said:

Hello,

my radio (ATC) is in Chinese. I change the skins and voices in the options, but it's still in Chinese. Any idea how to get them in English? Thanks a lot!

ATC language usually depends on the country that the aircraft is set to. So make sure to set it to one of the english speaking countries. 

• Like 1

Lately I've been experiencing a weird bug whenever I adjust the MSL Volume knob midflight. The audible warning system goes insane and never stops giving me all programmed warnings "Bingo, Low Altitude, Pull up, etc."

Can't say I am able to figure out a pattern for it to happen just. Seems to randomly kick in and mostly when the jet is airborne.

Anyone else suffering from the same issue or is it a setting I need to tweak in the specials menu?

On 11/26/2023 at 4:26 AM, Alpha_Mo66 said:

whenever I adjust the MSL Volume knob midflight

I know if you do the lights test button near all the warnings, you will get random warnings, I assume the test button makes it go through a BIT or something. Goes away after like 10 minutes or so. I just avoid pressing 'test'.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Napillo:

I know if you do the lights test button near all the warnings, you will get random warnings, I assume the test button makes it go through a BIT or something. Goes away after like 10 minutes or so. I just avoid pressing 'test'.

There is something wrong with the voice warnings. 
I don’t know how many times I experienced it suddenly running wild during taxi, or in flight, and go through every possible voice warning. No, I don’t have a double bind to any test buttons and while I have both hands on stick and throttle I can’t accidentally press anything in the cockpit. Unfortunately I play MP only, so tracks are unusable for Bug reports and as it is so random (as in it happens while not pressing or doing anything else then flying straight)  it don’t know how to reproduce. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2023 at 11:44 AM, Napillo said:

Just saw this video, it's an older one, but here you go: 

New development.

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex has confirmed that the Russian RD-93 engine on JF-17 Thunder fighter jet will be replaced with Chinese WS-13 "Eagle" engine. WS-13E engine produces almost 100 kN (afterburner) thrust which is 20% more than RD-93 engine's 84 kN (afterburner) thrust.

Now we heard Deka say they would do WS-13E if it ever got added, let's wait and see.

• Like 1