Thought I was seeing things...but it was indeed an A-380!!

I was on my way home by train from work when I sighted something with a huge friggin fat a$$ floating slowly torwards me. I was casualy gazing the skies by the window because theres planes taking off from the airfield at work all the time but this one was comming the oposite way and was simply too big to land anywhere here, I wondered if I was loosing my sanity and started to doubt my own eyes as all the typical A-380 features became visible as it aproached.

4 engines, white paint with blue tail, the the wing tip anti-vortex planes and then noticed the big fat fuselage, I thought to myself "If Im mistakening an ordinary airliner for an A-380 I realy need to check my eyes..."

It passed right by the train and I twisted my neck. Surprisingly it almost made no noise at all so all the people next to my seat had some fun time watching me going seemingly nuts.

Sure enough, in the 20:00 Oclock news..."A-380 makes a fly by over Lisbon International"

-oooh, goodie I wast crazy after all. :D

It didnt land because its simply too big for such an old airport, and I knew that, thats why I doubted my own sanity at first :D The airport was constructed in early 20th century when the city center was far away, now it became engulfed into the city and any planes have to fly over most of the metropolis to land not to mention that an A-380 would clip every other plane on the taxyway with its massive wing span. 747's do land here but this behemoth dwarfs it completely. It must have scared the $hit out of everybody when it flew over the city.

Cool sighting and totaly unexpedted. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

That's sweet. I heard about it's flight the morning it took off. surprised others had not. (not to be mean or any thing. :D)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I've had such experience with the An-124 Ruslan in 1999. It landed in Sofia and I was told that the airport is not able to accept it. Really an impressive view, the damn thing is big as my neighborhood.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

If you ever see a B-2 land that is something. It makes no noise and it seems to be just floating/hovering in the sky. I wish a had my camera with me at the time.

Seen one of them last year doing flybys down by the Springs Int'l Airport.

I saw the A-380 at the Le Bourget Airshow in 2005, and i liked the noise it makes.

I have also seen the An-124 and even its big sister the An-225 up close, both static and during landing and take-off.

IMG_1543.jpg

This is the best place in the Netherlands to photograph incoming aircraft :)

(you can even get hit by them if you stand in the wrong place...)

Here is a comparison between the Boeing 747-400, A-380 and An-225, showing that the first two aren't all that big after all :)

comparison%20An-225%20-%20B747-400%20-%20A380-800.jpg

The B-2 indeed is a something different, I saw one take off at the RIAT some years ago, and when you see it rolling by on the runway, it doesn't look like it's ever going to leave the ground :)

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

Oh ho ya! the An-225 is a lot bigger!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

If you ever see a B-2 land that is something. It makes no noise and it seems to be just floating/hovering in the sky. I wish a had my camera with me at the time.

I consider myself lucky that I live ten miles from Whiteman AFB in Missouri, the home of the B-2...I see them two or three times a month, along with Apaches and...you betcha...A-10s:D A damn good mix.

IMG_1543.jpg

This is the best place in the Netherlands to photograph incoming aircraft :)

(you can even get hit by them if you stand in the wrong place...)

WOW, thats close to the runway!:surprise:Where is this in the Netherlands, or is it a fake?:huh:

Nice comparison picture!

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

WOW, thats close to the runway!:surprise:Where is this in the Netherlands, or is it a fake?:huh:

Nice comparison picture!

This is not a fake, I made this picture myself (using a Canon EOS Digital Rebel with an 28mm lens) :)

It's Gilze-Rijen airbase, which is situated between Breda and Tilburg, in the south of the Netherlands.

There are traffic lights there which turn red when a plane lands or takes off (that's a public road you see on the picture).

The An-124 in the picture is still 10 meters above the ground, and about 5 meters above the glide slope.

Here you can see other pictures I made that day

IMG_1532.jpg

This is a normal approach :) (this F-16 still has to cross the road in this picture)

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

Lol :D

Nice reply Groove :)

Yeah it's too bad they blur out those installations. Totally unnecesary. No terrorist is going to attack a millitary airfield.. And if they do then there are much better ways to get intel then thru google :S

159th_invictalockonru.jpg

I consider myself lucky that I live ten miles from Whiteman AFB in Missouri, the home of the B-2...I see them two or three times a month, along with Apaches and...you betcha...A-10s:D A damn good mix.

Lemme guess...Lake of the Ozarks?

This is not a fake, I made this picture myself (using a Canon EOS Digital Rebel with an 28mm lens) :)

It's Gilze-Rijen airbase, which is situated between Breda and Tilburg, in the south of the Netherlands.

There are traffic lights there which turn red when a plane lands or takes off (that's a public road you see on the picture).

The An-124 in the picture is still 10 meters above the ground, and about 5 meters above the glide slope.

Here you can see other pictures I made that day

IMG_1532.jpg

This is a normal approach :) (this F-16 still has to cross the road in this picture)

That is so cool!:thumbup: Damn, Breda is about 600 km afar from my hometown.

Thanks Groove, for find it on google.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Lemme guess...Lake of the Ozarks?

Closer...Warrensburg. Right in the B-2s Initial pattern, but the wrong direction for the A-10s who fly down to the lake...but I still see them on occasion...more often since I work in Knob Noster now, where Whiteman is.