Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

The warehouses are bugged again?!!! This is the third time in 2 weeks!!! Please, ED, you're killing me...

How about using a script instead, like the one used on BlueFlag? Would that be a better solution? Maybe you can ask xcom or so if they can give it to you?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Go for the last 3 missions that you have made Alpenwolf. The Syrian missions really have become a hit of yours.

Agreed. They're all rather enjoyable, so having 3 of them in rotation for any given week (say, one each on Caucasus, Persian Gulf and Syria) would be more than sufficient. Besides, I'd like Alpen to maintain a semblance of sanity, those updates must've made his hair go grey. :smilewink:

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Whats wrong with nukes ? :pilotfly:

You really mean that question? :smilewink:

... the map of the bay, ...

What's that?

Go for the last 3 missions that you have made Alpenwolf. The Syrian missions really have become a hit of yours.

Got to maintain some variety on the server. Syrian missions only would be hard on those who don't have the map or bad game performance.

..., those updates must've made his hair go grey. :smilewink:

Very grey :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

How about using a script instead, like the one used on BlueFlag? Would that be a better solution? Maybe you can ask xcom or so if they can give it to you?

The problem with weapon restriction scripts is that they're enforced by blowing people up, and a lot of people don't read briefings OR the ingame messages and wonder why they're blowing up, then leave. With a core group of players like BF or DDCS have, it's easier to do, but even though we do have a core group here there are also a lot of transient players who would probably not understand why they keep exploding.

If only the script could actually stop people from loading the weapons to begin with, it'd be a lot easier to bring in, I think.

Can Turbalance be turned off ? Its known to be very problematic at causing extreme overGing on Aircraft making them Disintegrate on the spot. Just today I've lost 3 wings in my MiG 21 , had a Viggen fly into a F-5s wind wake and insta ripping his wings and later another Viggen suffered the same Fate from my aircrafts wake.

Its a broken feature and therefore should be disabled. Sick of dying and having fights ruined due to ED still not fixing it. Even if it stopped killing aircraft its insanely exaggerated compared to what it should be.

Can Turbalance be turned off ? Its known to be very problematic at causing extreme overGing on Aircraft making them Disintegrate on the spot. Just today I've lost 3 wings in my MiG 21 , had a Viggen fly into a F-5s wind wake and insta ripping his wings and later another Viggen suffered the same Fate from my aircrafts wake.

Its a broken feature and therefore should be disabled. Sick of dying and having fights ruined due to ED still not fixing it. Even if it stopped killing aircraft its insanely exaggerated compared to what it should be.

Will do...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Just curious though, isn't the point of the server to be as realistic as possible? So that we have the feel that actual cold war pilots had back in the day? And that also means dealing with the Wake turbulence of other aircraft and using your skills to maintain control? :noexpression: Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the Turbulence on? Just curious

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Just curious though, isn't the point of the server to be as realistic as possible? So that we have the feel that actual cold war pilots had back in the day? And that also means dealing with the Wake turbulence of other aircraft and using your skills to maintain control? :noexpression: Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the Turbulence on? Just curious

Sure, but according to some players it seems to be bugged. I'm not sure about that to be honest.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Sure, but according to some players it seems to be bugged. I'm not sure about that to be honest.

Perhaps. Maybe find out if it's bugged and if it is, hold off on it till fixed then reintroduce it later?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I keep having timed out issues since the last 2 updates. Not sure whether it's on my end or not, does anybody have the same problem ? I don't think I'll rejoin not to squander our planes because of this issue. GLHF guys !

Sorry to hear. I didn't change anything though.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

If wake turbalance was realsitic , sure. The Problem is , its not . Its very broken.

What I'm moaning about is not about the departure from wake but the fact flying into it can spike your Gs to 30+ and complete annihilate your airframe. Its even possible to do it to parked aircraft when flying overhead if done right ( Be it the rarest and hardest to do )

Im unsure how you think that's realistic , even if the immense G spiking was fixed its exaggerated still and needs to be tuned down to become somewhat more realistic. Its one of those features that is very much WIP but hasn't been touched since its addition, one day it shall be fixed and be realistic.

DCS wake turbulence is badly exaggerated, and is capable of over-Ging aircraft so badly that they suffer structural failure. If it had been implemented realistically I would agree, but what we have right now isn't very realistic.

With that said, it's not as much of an issue here as it is on some other servers IMO - I've had it cause a few dangerous moments for me, but not rip my aircraft. It's absolutely lethal to Mirages, I know that much.

Sorry to hear. I didn't change anything though.

No worries :thumbup:, it's either on my end or some ED ****ery. I did some troubleshooting and managed to stay connected on the server for hours on Open Range tonight. I'll check later if it remains stable when the server is full, that might be related.

Perhaps. Maybe find out if it's bugged and if it is, hold off on it till fixed then reintroduce it later?

+1

I also quite enjoy the wake turbulance effect. I have not yet experienced it ripping my wings off. That's maybe a MiG-21 specific issue? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Server News:

- The wake turbulence has been removed from all Caucasus missions. More missions will follow

- The weather in all Caucasus missions has been changed. More missions will follow.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

+1

I also quite enjoy the wake turbulance effect. I have not yet experienced it ripping my wings off. That's maybe a MiG-21 specific issue? :huh:

No, the Mirage and F-16 both suffer from it frequently as well. The F-5 doesn't seem to model any overstress damage at all (boy, things would be interesting if it did) and so it can happily tolerate spikes past 15G.

Server News:

- The wake turbulence has been removed from all missions.

- Weather changed in all missions.

- Rain added to some missions.

NOTE:

In the mission Kiryat Shmona, one F-5 seems to have a problem upon spawning. I found nothing wrong in that regard in the mission editor. You'll have to clarify the problem, please.

@ Harrier pilots:

The Harrier being too modern for the server was added to some missions to only act as a striker, especially after a number of players have wished for it for so long. Not that Blue lacks any strikers with the A-10 and the Viggen. Despite all the modern systems it has onboard no Red pilot ever complained about it so I let it roll. However, some pilots (mainly one actually) seem to take their Harriers to friendly FARP's and grab some AIM-9M's! It's rear aspect missiles only in all missions and you know that. So if it's just that one individual (you know who you are) and he does it again, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ban him. You know I'd hate to do that, so please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

As a Fishbed pilot, I'm perfectly fine with Harriers being on the server as long as they don't have Sidewinder Mikes.

To think Blue has such an abundance of strike aircraft to choose from while Red only has the Frogfoot... Alpen, I know you'll agree with me when I say that Red desperately needs the Su-17 and MiG-27. I'd love to fly the Fitter in Polish or East German colours.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

+1

Any aircraft that can overload its wings and breaka them can suffer the Overload bug from wind wake. The execption being the F 14 as its got its own version from heatblur that actually is good and works properly.

ED should just use Heatblurs wind wake and be done with it.

No, the Mirage and F-16 both suffer from it frequently as well. The F-5 doesn't seem to model any overstress damage at all (boy, things would be interesting if it did) and so it can happily tolerate spikes past 15G.

Alright then.

Any aircraft that can overload its wings and breaka them can suffer the Overload bug from wind wake. The execption being the F 14 as its got its own version from heatblur that actually is good and works properly.

ED should just use Heatblurs wind wake and be done with it.

Heatblur doesn't have their own wake turbulance effects. They have jet wash, which is different.

Tornado3 small.jpg

... Alpen, I know you'll agree with me when I say that Red desperately needs the Su-17 and MiG-27. I'd love to fly the Fitter in Polish or East German colours.

Then you can add your voice to this thread.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

NOTE:

In the mission Kiryat Shmona, one F-5 seems to have a problem upon spawning. I found nothing wrong in that regard in the mission editor. You'll have to clarify the problem, please.

There is an apron on Ramat David that has some steel pipes lying across it, one of the F-5s spawn directly on top of that resulting in a nasty surprise upon entering the cockpit.