Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Maybe we should lobby ED to patch the Su-25/25T and MiG-29 to be able to carry the original R-60... I like the rear aspect restriction, it makes combat a little more intense.

Just do it. Start a thread in that regard and share the link here for the rest of us so we can add our voices too.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi guys, in the mission "Hold the line" the waypoints for the a10a seem to be "shifted" by 1 position (eg. waypoint 6 is actually the eastern red farp), don't know if it's an alredy known problem.

Just checked. All good in the mission editor and in the mission itself. Check again, please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

There is a chunk of hungry ground pounding Harrier pilots out there that would really like to have 2 Harriers on every mission. Great way of brining in flyers to the server, especially since Frs1 Sea Harrier is around the corner.

Simple CAS loadout, just like you have done on Mountain cries and Sukhumi :)wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a chunk of hungry ground pounding Harrier pilots out there that would really like to have 2 Harriers on every mission. Great way of brining in flyers to the server, especially since Frs1 Sea Harrier is around the corner.

Simple CAS loadout, just like you have done on Mountain cries and Sukhumi :)wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

It's included in 6 missions already. The Sea Harrier will replace it in time.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Put together a video of flying the -19 on the server.

You, Sir, get a like. Excellent video, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tonight was really fun, we gave the Blues a hard time. Abu Dhabi was fast and furious, while Open Range was just plain excellent. Oh and by the way, excellent work Legion, you did really well for a first-time GCI.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":7116095}[/ATTACH]

Red side, here I come (also Harrier) :pilotfly:

Excellent! If you need an instructor in the 21 then I'd be happy to help. It'll be interesting to see how an F-5 pilot reacts to the Fishbed's numerous quirks. :joystick:

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

@Alpenwolf: mission 'Sneaky Bastards' mission rotation today was badly bugged, no EWR or air defences at Kish for blue side, a real mess especially when it was nighttime and there was no way to IFF, unsure if red side had same problem.

Every time there's a fix or an update added to a mission and that mission file replaces the older one, it seems to always miss some units on its first reappearance. Best example is the Tiberias mission which is always updated moments before it kicks off. Operation Sneaky Bastards was updated yesterday so there you go. Not sure if ED is aware of this. I don't think so though.

Prince of Persia is now online.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You, Sir, get a like. Excellent video, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tonight was really fun, we gave the Blues a hard time. Abu Dhabi was fast and furious, while Open Range was just plain excellent. Oh and by the way, excellent work Legion, you did really well for a first-time GCI.

*Blushes*

Shame that tonight we were doing fairly well, lost 1-2 GCIs and then everything fell apart. GCI most overpowered module confirmed? Kinda imbalanced when one side has one and the other doesn't.

No, we were not doing well. People werent even interested in RED team in contributing. Someone was on SRS discussing the point of flying helo (or anything else) and capturing airfields, cause it will just roll the mission.

Plus Alpen wasnt even doing GCI. He was driving Abrams near Fujairah.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• ED Team

*Blushes*

Shame that tonight we were doing fairly well, lost 1-2 GCIs and then everything fell apart. GCI most overpowered module confirmed? Kinda imbalanced when one side has one and the other doesn't.

Dude, do you realize WHY those GCIs left? I died 2 times, first was a teamkill, second was a berserker Viggen that almost killed me without wings with missiles that he pulled out of hammerspace, because they have fallen off long a go, before I got gunned by his wingman as I was trying to put a 3rd missile into him, since the previous 2 were not enough apparently. Same happened to Hiromachi, then he got TKed again... both GCIs RAGEQUITED AFTER WITNESSING THIS STUPIDITY. And they couldn't even do anything because those guys were not on comms. Something like half of kills on red side were red on red.

And what do you even mean "one side does and other doesn't"? If no one was on the slot why don't you jump in yourself? It's not as easy as you might think, there's skill involved in controlling fighters like that. And it's an indispensable part of Cold War air to air combat.

And what do you even mean "one side does and other doesn't"? If no one was on the slot why don't you jump in yourself?...

+1

I always try to encourage players to operate as GCI. The second a GCI operator goes offline, SRS dies right away. It becomes very silent. So why not hop in and help the team?! Because the fun part is actually in flying, right? Don't you think I want to fly as well sometimes? Maybe I'm just crazier than most when it comes to teamwork so I end up once again sacrificing myself for the GCI slot. Almost ever night these days. So I ended up loving the Combined Arms module and really enjoy the ground battles. I mix it up with doing GCI because mostly there's no one else to help. And I know that GCI or ground warfare operators are vital for winning any mission because I design the missions around them. You can do whatever you want up there in the skies but to win the battle and gain superiority in any area it always comes down to the ground forces available. Which is actually the same thing in real life. Hence the emphasis on that in all the missions, mainly the last 12 missions which were all designed in 2020 by the way and are based on that idea.

I see more and more players flying helicopters and gradually interested in doing GCI and/or controlling ground units. That's good. And hopefully in time it becomes better.

If there's no GCI, do it yourself then. Try it out. Help the team. Or let it be and live with the consequences of getting dominated by the enemy, especially when they have their own GCI operator.

In tonight's mission, Prince of Persia, Red were outnumbering Blue by 2:1 for the most part. I was monitoring that while doing something else. So when I joined I decided to be GCI and Combined Arms operator for Blue to balance the odds a bit. Although outnumbered, we were able to capture the rest of the airbases one by one after Red was holding 5 and Blue 1 airbase only.

It was a great comeback due to the teamwork that became instantly alive the second there was a GCI operator. See how vital than one guy can be? I know you know that but I wanted to make it clear again.

Ground battles are really not that boring. Try playing with Combined Arms a bit and you'll love it. Just make sure you're on SRS with other cmdr operators to avoid the confusion of assigning waypoints to ground units multiple times by different operators, which would result in chaos as I've witnessed that quite often myself. So please, always use SRS.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Dude, do you realize WHY those GCIs left? I died 2 times, first was a teamkill, second was a berserker Viggen that almost killed me without wings with missiles that he pulled out of hammerspace, because they have fallen off long a go, before I got gunned by his wingman as I was trying to put a 3rd missile into him, since the previous 2 were not enough apparently. Same happened to Hiromachi, then he got TKed again... both GCIs RAGEQUITED AFTER WITNESSING THIS STUPIDITY. And they couldn't even do anything because those guys were not on comms. Something like half of kills on red side were red on red.

And what do you even mean "one side does and other doesn't"? If no one was on the slot why don't you jump in yourself? It's not as easy as you might think, there's skill involved in controlling fighters like that. And it's an indispensable part of Cold War air to air combat.

You do know firefly was commending me about my GCI work yesterday/day before, right? And I agree with Alpen - it can be tiring always being the only one willing to hop into GCI and do it decently. Unfortunately CA is pretty broken in VR - you can barely lock or track targets with the strelas. If teamkilling is an issue and is fun for no one, why not enable the F-10 map to display friendlies and/or what the EWRs can see? As Alpen said, without a GCI you get dominated, so why not let us be our own semi-GCIs, which helps during the quieter server times? It's not as intuitive as having a GCI talking to you and you flipping between F10 and first person, but it would allow people to at least quickly check if they have a friendly infront of them. I see this as an absolute win.

Because its not a casual server.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

You do know firefly was commending me about my GCI work yesterday/day before, right? And I agree with Alpen - it can be tiring always being the only one willing to hop into GCI and do it decently. Unfortunately CA is pretty broken in VR - you can barely lock or track targets with the strelas. If teamkilling is an issue and is fun for no one, why not enable the F-10 map to display friendlies and/or what the EWRs can see? As Alpen said, without a GCI you get dominated, so why not let us be our own semi-GCIs, which helps during the quieter server times? It's not as intuitive as having a GCI talking to you and you flipping between F10 and first person, but it would allow people to at least quickly check if they have a friendly infront of them. I see this as an absolute win.

+1

Great Idea LegionCW, would definitely reduce the amount of team kills.

I’ve stopped flying air to ground missions with the SU25 because of the the hight team kill ratio. It became ridicules at a stage. I rather have a “casual server” :lol: than a novice team kill spree any day.

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would do absolutely nothing to stop teamkills because we dont have any long range missiles. We have short range rear aspect IR missiles so adding ability for users to check whats around is not the way. The way to do it is to learn to ID targets.

Personally I dont even see how one would be switching between F10 and F1 when in furball...