Fighter ops

Do they finally show in-game engine screenshots, or still renders?

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I was just reading some of the posts over at Frugals regarding F/O...

There's a lot going on with this, but they're still a long ways from release ...

And when its finally finished, the initial sim wont be combat oriented, it'll be a trainer to prepare for the combat simulator, which is planned for a later release..

What a novel idea... :)

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

man... cant wait for that thing to be released.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

holy crap this is the first iv seens about this:surprise: :pilotfly:

wow those screens look amazing,gunna need an upgrade(again) me thinks,good thing its a way off yet.

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

Me too. I'm upgrading in a month or too, but it probobly won't be enough to handle this game... :(

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

The way it appears I don't think that well see this anytime soon, there's not even any ground textures or actual in game screen shots. So they re not even in the alfa stage....

I wouldn't worry about upgrades regarding this one.. I'm convinced that BS will be here well before Fighter Ops..

Its probably better to wait until the release to see what actually runs well ....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

• ED Team
its my last hope for this genre..

Flip

So... Are we written off already? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

So... Are we written off already? :D

not as long you release new Su-27 3dmodel with 1.2 :thumbup: or earlier

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Anyway, the flight sim seems to be going good now... there will be "Black Shark", "Battle of Britain" and "Fighter OPS" coming out within 1-2 years and will make many of us very happy... including myself :D

No longer active in DCS...

The way it appears I don't think that well see this anytime soon, there's not even any ground textures or actual in game screen shots. So they re not even in the alfa stage....

I wouldn't worry about upgrades regarding this one.. I'm convinced that BS will be here well before Fighter Ops..

Its probably better to wait until the release to see what actually runs well ....

~S~

Blaze

Exactly my thoughts too.

For me FO looks like it's in the same place it was 3 years ago so IMO we're probably 2 years away from getting something we can actually fly and 3 years before we get an aircraft that can actually shoot something off the rails. I'll probably purchase FO after the fighter part is released but that's a long way off yet, it's a huge project with a very long way to go and it will be interesting to see how it fits in with other flightsims like LO:BS, FSX, BOB and Jet Thunder.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

1) I'd be shocked if the initial version of FO arrived two years from today.

2) If BS is going to implement all they say it will (AFM for weapons, individual rotor blade modelling, higher poly counts, clickable cockpit), you'll still need to upgrade.

So, as usual, you're better off enjoying FC or whatever your favorite sim is now and forgetting about future releases (unless you've got the funds for some serious hardware stashed away ready for upgrade at a moment's notice).

BTW, is Lock On going to get a dynamic campaign in BS? I recall Ross McGregor working on one for the current version of Lock On (obviously FC) but that's still deeply in the works. Just wondered how far off we were. Would be nice (then again a DC will take up more cycles from your CPU).

it will not. What people dont realise is that we already know of that simulation prior to the beta. They are far off from a beta already but they wanted US community members to experience the path to a flight sim. We didnt find out about lock on very early, did we?

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

Yeah Falco is right...

FO is way off.. for all we know it could come out as bugged as lomac originally did...

Yes it will, it comes by design in complex SIM's. Its Ineviable.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

That's not completely true. There's no external pressure on FO to release early with major bugs, unlike the pressure put on ED to release what they had, by Ubisoft. The developers in FO are all people who have day jobs that pay the bills. They won't see a penny until after it's released.

Another point: While the first release will be a "trainer Ops" modeling UPT and IFF, the F-16 will shortly follow and be free if you've got the initial release of FO. Modeling the a training environment is tougher than modeling combat. Just think of the poor AI you've already experienced in many sims trying to act as an instructor. :megalol: The things you will learn!

Personally, I'd be surprised if it didn't come by the end of this year/beginning of next.

This will be a great year for flight simulation, and personally I'll be collecting jet fighter sims this year it seems ... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda