How do I set Comm 1 and Comm 2 manually?

captflyby

I should mention, following the training mission last night, that I logged into a different squadron training server, used an entirely new/updated training mission for deployment, and tried the auto start. Same problem.

Then I tried manual start, all worked fine for me.

Still a bug though. You can change the frequencey in any preset you choose, once I do like 250.450 for Al Daphra, then I notice that several other of the presets have the same frequency as the one I just entered.

...but that is another issue altogether.

...for me, no auto start, can enter manually radio frequency on com1 or com2 ok..consistently so far.

Same for me last night online on Aerobatic Server. Set up 127.500 on manual comm 1 and as soon as I hit the transmit it physically changed to 305.000. Tried auto start, manual, set comm 1 or comm 2 direct to Stennis first, change from something else etc.. nothing worked. But as far as I can remember, this is the first time it's happened.

Form me the problem appears every time i execute autostart.

In the BIT page i have "COM1-Not ready" and "COM2-Not ready".

I can't change any frequency at all but the preselected ones work without any problem.

If i take a hot plane, the BIT page does not mention radios failures and the comms are working good.

Cptflyby & Talon

Thanks for clarification, maybe i should hop on MP too or do autostarts, see if behaves similar.

I am mostly SP.

Lostcat: Maybe you are up to something there

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

Cptflyby & Talon

Thanks for clarification, maybe i should hop on MP too or do autostarts, see if behaves similar.

I am mostly SP.

Lostcat: Maybe you are up to something there

FOSS, It's all good.

I don't mean any criticism to anyone or DCS.

Just verifying that I found a bug work around for some at the moment until DCS can get it fixed.

In my case I have solved this with help of squadron mate with SRS on in Jet key is do not start with radios off make sure u have them turned on before starting engine then when radios come on only use one radio for manual setting not sure if this answered question or not, just what worked for me. PS if you use auto start it turns radios off before starting make sure u turn them back on prior to right engine starting

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

I see I am note alone with Radio problems. I spent too much time with radio issues...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Here is the update as promised.

First, thanks to all you guys for your input.

My squadron, also, has had much input as well.

I erased everything and reinstalled completely fresh. (2 days). Nothing.

I did not reinstall SRS. Completely uninstalled. Nothing.

I did make sure that "Easy Communications" is now turned off. Nothing.

But I am really excited.

Too early to say for sure....but I think I may have discovered the bug...

I tried this in single player, and then got really excited when I found it copied the same behavior in multi player.

Here it is:

Every time, single player or multiplayer, switching aircraft, that I use the auto start sequencer, the bug appears.

I set a frequency like 250.450 and it jumps back to the 305.000

But then I started the same plane, same mission, with manual start.

Frequency changes and stays 250.450.

I then tried this in multiplayer, with the same results.

Looks like there "might" be a but in the LWIN / Home auto start feature.

Just saying maybe...too early to know for sure.

Will keep testing and post results after this weekends training missions.

Not a bug really its being mentiuoned in other threads, the auto feature doent tuern the radios on for you, you need to turn the radios on your self, once you have done this the radio will work weather you got easy or not

Not a bug really its being mentiuoned in other threads, the auto feature doent tuern the radios on for you, you need to turn the radios on your self, once you have done this the radio will work weather you got easy or not

Incorrect. When bug is present radios will not work even with volumes turned up. Ppl with this issue are fully aware of the need to turn knobs up to turn radio on. (At least the ones I’ve spoken to)

• 1 year later...

this thread is a year old. no problems here.

moreover, use to be only M could be changed, now I can change every channel

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

pls guys, same issue here, anyone found solutions?

Doubtful that whatever this person was experiencing, is most likely the same cause as to what you are experiencing as this thread is over a year old, but here ya go...

For clarification, always best to give a detailed description of exactly the issue that you are having with the comms in the Hornet. If you give me a rundown, I can most likely walk you through the steps to resolve it - or get you pointed in the correct direction for proper functionality and usage - if what follows doesn't get you there....

My steps, that produce functional/operation radio comms in the Hornet:

1. Make sure both volume knobs on the UFC are turned up anywhere from 1/2 volume to full volume (your preference).

2. Pull knob (gray round knob located on each side of the bottom of UFC) to activate each COMM channel respectively.

3. Using the UFC scratchpad (numbers) press CLR button, then enter the desired frequency. Example 251000 would be entered to monitor frequency 251. Example 251225 would be entered to monitor frequency 251.225 . You do not need to enter the decimal point, but you do need to enter six digits for any desired frequency. Press enter after entering the 6 digit sequence.

4. After entering desired frequency, make sure you have selected the appropriate modulation, but pressing the round button to the left side of either FM or AM.

5. Finally, press the round button to the left of GRCV.

6. To activate "in air" COMMS in many multiplayer servers, you need to activate COMM channel 1 via RALT+\ or channel 2 via RCTRL+\

NOTE: you can modify any channel, to any frequency that you desire (without having to scroll to M).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

thks for the answer, when in all the process you click enter? After the GRCV or before?!?

The problem is that whatever i try after i enter the sequence and click enter it flashes and then goes back to previous one. Maybe i am doing something wrong, will check and follow your instructions strictly, thks

thks for the answer, when in all the process you click enter? After the GRCV or before?!?

The problem is that whatever i try after i enter the sequence and click enter it flashes and then goes back to previous one. Maybe i am doing something wrong, will check and follow your instructions strictly, thks

You press enter after entering the 6 digit sequence for the freq. A flashing number means an invalid freq has been entered.

Update prior post, was doing by muscle memory without reference of sitting in the aircraft.

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

By the way, it is not necessary to press CLR before entering a new frequency. If the radio is selected and the mode, channel or frequency is displayed, you can go ahead and enter the six digits (you cannot truncate the frequency) and it should take it, if valid.

Correct. But I was attempting to be specific and thorough, to avoid any potential issue, for the person having issues.

Cheers,

Don