VPC Configurator Software

Cyph3r

Just want to give a heads up. I have Virpil stick, throttle, and pedals and have used a software version from 2020. It has worked fine, but I noticed since ED reworked controls that the dialog, in game especially, was laggy. When I recently bought the Varjo Aero and started using VR again, it was so laggy it was not useable. Turned out the culprit was old Virpil software; updated, and imported profiles, and now everything works fine. Just for info.

• Like 1

HP Envy 34 TM16000/TWCS/TFRP. Simrig: I7-8700, 32GB, RTS2080Ti, 4K U32590C, TrackIR5, MG-T50C2 stick/base, T50CM2 throttle, CH Pro pedals

20 minutes ago, Bear21 said:

Just want to give a heads up. I have Virpil stick, throttle, and pedals and have used a software version from 2020. It has worked fine, but I noticed since ED reworked controls that the dialog, in game especially, was laggy. When I recently bought the Varjo Aero and started using VR again, it was so laggy it was not useable. Turned out the culprit was old Virpil software; updated, and imported profiles, and now everything works fine. Just for info.

:thumbup:

Always good to stay updated with the Virpil software.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 10/14/2023 at 11:06 PM, Bear21 said:

I am happy all works great now and all, but the question is how did you manage to import profiles from 2020 software into current software? I thought profiles created in the older software had different file extensions so they could not be imported in the new software. Am I missing something?

Yep, I was thinking the same thing but didn’t want to ask!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 months later...

hello,

Last version of the software I have installed was v20220720_patch1.exe.

Can I install the 20230328 version of the software without breaking things (or in DCS)?

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

There is a new version out. 20240124.

Re 'not breaking things', I have never had an issue updating VPC software many times over the years, but there have been a couple of people who had their device IDs changed, and that does break the DCS binds.

I use JoyPro to get round that issue if it ever occurs - for reasons other than software update in my case - as it can restore your previous IDs or change DCS binds to the new one with a single button press.

• Thanks 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 2/1/2024 at 4:02 AM, imacken said:

I use JoyPro to get round that issue if it ever occurs - for reasons other than software update in my case - as it can restore your previous IDs or change DCS binds to the new one with a single button press.

I just download the 0092 version of JoyPro for the first time.  But it looks like it has all of the source code in it?  And it crashed when merged simple rudder pedal relations.  And the log referred to a folder that is not on my system (D:\Dropbox\Programmierung\c#\JoyPro\JoystickProfiler\JoyPro\JoyPro\..)   That download has over 387 files...  Where can I download a package release for end users??

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

On 2/1/2024 at 9:02 AM, imacken said:

There is a new version out. 20240124.

Re 'not breaking things', I have never had an issue updating VPC software many times over the years, but there have been a couple of people who had their device IDs changed, and that does break the DCS binds.

This definitely makes JoyPro worthwhile - I have just had it happen changing the setup of the AH-64D grip and was able to migrate all the bindings in a matter of seconds

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

1 minute ago, hornblower793 said:

This definitely makes JoyPro worthwhile - I have just had it happen changing the setup of the AH-64D grip and was able to migrate all the bindings in a matter of seconds

I’ve been singing the praises of JP here for a long time. In so many ways, it’s an incredibly useful piece of software. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

If I missed this I apologise.

Is it possible to swap virpil collectives without losing the control button binds?

For this example I have a fully configured Ah64 collective, but occasionally may wish to swap back to the sharka50. 

Does the virpil/dcs software recall the binds - or are they gone once the hardware is swapped.

With thanks,

Different hardware will require a different profile.  You can swap them over once you have it saved initially.