LOCERF Mission Planning and Dates

• ED Team
*read in a joking manner*

Another big plus of ventrillo is that its pretty much got a song. Teamspeak doesn't.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

On serious note. I like the representatives from the squads idea with Fudd still holding a large decision making title because hell, he has earned it.

I love Dota !

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to agree to disagree on this one as some people cant act like mature adults and STFU. We are arguing like women (read circluar/pointless) over ventrillo and wording and non-disscussion over why we should have no choice, if frostie says no-one likes it because wow nubs use it then thats his view and doesnt realy require a reply on it if your intelligent enough to realise that.

"WoW nubs? I dont play WoW but i use Vent....Frostie is wrong i shall start a pointless arguement over his un-educated views....."

This is not the best way to handle such a reply

"WoW nubs? I dont play WoW but i use Vent....Frostie is wrong but nevermind its his loss as im going to HL to have fun im sure this willbe worked out in time and theres no need to be fueling the flames..." :D

Easy when its spelled out in hindsight but now easy to remember because its happened and we can learn from this.

If everyone can stop baiting each other over stupid crap we can get on with flying.

Plus my dad is bigger than all y'all's dads and he gunna come looking! :D

What I don't understand is most can use or has used TS but most haven't even heard of ventrilo because its a WoW nubs choice of comms.

I don't understand, why did Fudd choose Ventrilo when the majority use TS2?

Its a simple question that hasn't been answered , if there are issues regarding using TS2 during the last RF then why weren't they brought instead of orders being broadcast to follow like we are a bunch of sheep who need to be told and not consulted.

Why change what was already working?

Don't be using others disability to criticise others that is bad form dude.

Nobody knew about reasons for the switch because nobody brought this up previous. I don't care for which comms we use, just asking questions, so whats wrong with questioning something?

Why are you always on some scene causing mission , nobody is being offensive but you are ALWAYS jumping on the defensive.

Don't you understand that ventrilo is totally alien to some people and want to know if there is another way round using it. Its called discussion were several parties discuss something and reasons appear as to why one method should be used over another.

Which this has now been resolved.

WHY THE HOSTILITY?

I think this is a good idea 2 moderators for red and blue. But it should have Fudd at the top of the tree as its all thanks to him and his ideas should be paramount.

If I have insulted someone or have been irrational in someway there then please point it out, because I don't understand where the anger is coming from.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

While I'm unable to participate in the 2nd RF I'm starting to worry about it's future. Fudd's idea is great and it was supposed to unite us, the online community, to do together something large, interesting and more than anything- funny for all of us. Of course, every squad has their preferences but I think the key word should be compromise for the good of this unique event. Fudd came up with the idea, everyone should respect that and be more constructive when for any reason there's a dissagreement. Showing how big is your ego won't help the situation.

So my request is- don't be so selfish and do a step back or even two, when you don't like some decision. That would be something deserving much higher respect than anything like few pages of pointless argue about which comms software one squad is imposed to use. Next time the favor will return to you and you shall realize that your compromise has been for the good of all people involved.

Lets keep the RF spirit alive!

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

If I have insulted someone or have been irrational in someway there then please point it out, because I don't understand where the anger is coming from.

It comes from the Ventrilo being jumped on for no other reason than people just dont want to install it.

Its not that big of an issue. I had been using TS2 since it came out. We recently switched to Vent to help communicate with Dracimus. I am truly amazed at the difference in sound quality, even when using a similar bitrate codec.

Its really not something to make such and issue out of. There is no issue asking why, people are just going to naturally get defensive, when you come out offensive. Especially in text.

Its really not something to make such and issue out of. There is no issue asking why, people are just going to naturally get defensive, when you come out offensive. Especially in text.

Please don't try and defend the undefendable , I haven't made an issue or been OFFENSIVE in anyway , ive just asked a couple of questions?

Have never said I will not use it and certainly haven't jumped on anything so where are you coming from?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

This is my opinion and as such, yours may be different:

It is plainly apparent that different squadrons are going to disagree and refuse to participate if they don't get their way. The only reason RF has worked to this point is the Fudd has made the decisions and we have not had to work things out so that everybody is satisfied. It is painfully apparent that as a community, we can't agree on many things. This thread and the thread about the LOCERF mod shows a dissapointing ability to discuss things reasonably. So, as difficult as it may be for Fudd, he needs to read the discussions and PMs and e-mails and whatever and make decisions that are in the best interest of RF, not individual squadrons or people. We either accept those decisions and deal with them or we can take our toys and go home.

A valid point Goya.

I have to say, from what I'm continuing to read, the community is severely risking Fudd pulling the plug on this series of events. He puts in a lot of hard work (at times to the detriment to his REAL LIFE job).

Please support this RF as best you can, please stop arguing about things that are, quite frankly, pointless to argue about.

How can Fudd support the community if you do not support him.........

Flashing through the sky on a hampster driven, monkey navigated four-poster-bed.

I think what we may be best doing in the long run, is to take note of the main differences of opinion, and where 2 squad don't agree, just don't mix 'em...

So, for example, if squad A doesn't want any truck with Ventrilo, they don't get involved with any side that uses it, or sits out a flight 'till they can team up with a non-ventrilo squad.

That's not the way we wanted RF to work, but if people just cannot get past some of these issues, that might have to be the way ahead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

Hi gents...

Been out of town helping my family move into a new house. Real life makes you sweat like Lock On can't.

My my...

I like red flag... I really like it. I think 60+ also like it... and 5 have some small issues, but even they like it...

We'll all learn from each round... lets save it for the recap that will happen on 7/02...

• Like 1

A little OT but I didn't want to start a new thread for that. Is 504th stats board still up and can you please provide a link to it, seems like your site (checked it yesterday, was working OK) doesn't have it or I'm just blind?..

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Hidee Ho!

3Sqn_Fudd here... your Red Flag RedFor Moderator...

Some questions to help you in facilitating an outstanding RedFlag experience... :D

1) 504th... Will your website be back up by 19zulu today? If not it might be good to bounce over to another forum. 159th leadership... if they can't get back up can we use the 159th Forum?

2) Allochtoon will be the only non-squadron player in a RedFor Mig-29S, 504th would you like to have them in your Mig-29 flight? 3Sqn could utilize his experience as well.

3) If you have a plan, raise your hand now, and prepare to submit it to your fellow flights once a website home is reconfirmed. Prepare also to submit final waypoints by this Friday.

4) Have you prepared for effective multi-channel Ventrilo communication? ReFor flight Leads, if I may make a reccomendation, the comm call of "On Guard...." is a good phrase to alert the network that you're talking to all channels. Example --> "Devil Flight on Guard... Devil Flight returning to base..."

5) Have you prepared for the pre-exercise s--t talking? :D

6) Do you have JaBog's TS Server info for the post-exercise debriefing? Here it is... www.virtual-jabog32.de:8868 pw=euffi200

(JaBog32... be prepared to remove any passwords quickly after the mission so that RedFor can enter)

Some further general tips

1) Ensure your computer is working well. Disable programs that may pop up, lower overclocks, kill unnecessary system resources.

2) If you're playing with a new computer please allow yourself time to ensure connectivity to the Red Flag game server

3) Su-25(t) pilots, practice thy landings on the indicated airfields.

The 159th has a section for Redflag which is accessible for all those who register. I would suggest that the flight briefing could posted there as a backup while the 504th get the forum / site up and running again.

Copy that... but I mean for the super secret planning parts that only RedFor members will know about. :D

Lets get one last confirmation from the 504th and then myself or 159th_Fudd will point RedFor towards a forum.

Groove... does your offer mean that the 504th forums wont be back up today?

Blue's

Hi all!

Not so active in writing on this forum, but present and reading regularly.

question for the blue coalition fellows, S77th, Jabog32, 33rd, 9th's:

you fellas are having a place to meet and talk (forum, ts, etc..)?

if so, please let me know where, and if on TS (where and when).

In case you don't, I can create a forum channel on our squad forum.

let me know, thanks

=4c= SERBIAN VIRTUAL FIGHTERS SQUADRON

Hi all!

you fellas are having a place to meet and talk (forum, ts, etc..)?

CABO... BlueFor will use JaBog32's TS for the exercise.

www.virtual-jabog32.de:8868

current password is = euffi200

expect a different password on the day of RedFlag

I dont recall where BlueFor forums are...

Blue?