Slew AGM-65F

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the mini stick on the TM Hog that is the culprit here.

Hat switch is fine , even the arrow keys work

But as soon as I touch the mini stick the mavG wants too look a the skyward @ my 11oclock.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Its the mini stick on the TM Hog that is the culprit here.

Hat switch is fine , even the arrow keys work

But as soon as I touch the mini stick the mavG wants too look a the skyward @ my 11oclock.

It's not just the Warthog, same on the TWCS mini stick and the x56 from the sounds of it. Wags has the TWCS so hopefully he's seen/experienced the problem and we'll get it fixed...

Increase Deadzone, Reduce ASaturation Y!

I reviewed the slew axis parameters I use with the A-10C, and they are:

Deadzone = 30

Saturation Y = 15

The large deadzone is necessary because of the nature of the mini-stick, and to avoid "crosstalk" between X- and Y-axis. The low Saturation value reduces the sensitivity of the axis.

With these parameters I can control the seeker of the AGM-65D and G, although it seems still a bit over-sensitive. And they work with the A/A radar although that seems a bit under-sensitive (slow).

It may be difficult for ED to make both radar and IR seeker equally sensitive with a single shared input axis. That could be solved by introducing one or two adjustment parameter(s) under Options/Special.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Try to put the marker over a target when zooming from let say 3-4 nm while auto bombing :music_whistling:

I'm not sure what your scenario is. I use it with the IR Mavericks and it's working albeit far from ideal.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It is not...

Sorry - should have said ok for me with TWCS mini stick.

At least the same than how mavericks are controllable with the A10c. (I prefer 100 times to use TGP than slave maverick's sensor).

My biggest difficulty with AGM-65-G (infrared !?) is to lock a moving hot T-90 tank instead of all the lighting pool along the road…

Also, is me the only one having issues with the warthog mini stick for the mavs?, once the camera starts moving diagonally it wont respond to any other direction no matter how hard I push the mini stick ...also, the diagonal response seems MUCH more prone that pure axis response...odd.

Common DCS problem since LOMAC and probably even longer, also applies to TDC control on radar screens. Really needs to be fixed.

Try to put the marker over a target when zooming from let say 3-4 nm while auto bombing music_whistling.gif

I hear you... the marker will be about half a mile off target by just looking at the TDC axis control alone rdlaugh.png

When I first tried auto bombing, I had the axis mapped with no deadzone and though it was some kind of INS drift when the marker wasn't at the same spot anymore after pass and turn around twi-notbad.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'm going toh replace that ministick in my Warthog for a custom one, but a soft solution is really needed from Devs anyway. Without tgp pointing the marker is a real pain in the arse when tried to bomb a military building and instead of that bombing a primary school in the nearby city ������

I have a very good custom ministick on my Warthog, and it’s no better with the Hornet mav seeker unfortunatly. Still unusable!

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

10+ post later and I still have to ask. How do we bring this to the attention of ED? Has any of the devs acknowledged the issue?

I think we can all agree using the TDC for functions is damn near impossible except for when slewing the radar. Maybe the issue is actually when using the TDC to slew the radar it moves to slow and we have tuned our TDCs to the wrong thing?

Seems like more and more features are coming online with the hornet. It would really suck for this day 1 issue to continue as we are getting into the meat and potatoes with the hornet.

10+ post later and I still have to ask. How do we bring this to the attention of ED? Has any of the devs acknowledged the issue?

I think we can all agree using the TDC for functions is damn near impossible except for when slewing the radar. Maybe the issue is actually when using the TDC to slew the radar it moves to slow and we have tuned our TDCs to the wrong thing?

Seems like more and more features are coming online with the hornet. It would really suck for this day 1 issue to continue as we are getting into the meat and potatoes with the hornet.

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

10, 100, 80 & 50 Here

Be aware that using the mini stick for Mavs is problematic.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Be aware that using the mini stick for Mavs is problematic.

Understatement of the century! Mine has a mind of its own!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Deadzone = 30

Saturation Y = 15

The large deadzone is necessary because of the nature of the mini-stick, and to avoid "crosstalk" between X- and Y-axis. The low Saturation value reduces the sensitivity of the axis.

With these parameters I can control the seeker of the AGM-65D and G, although it seems still a bit over-sensitive. And they work with the A/A radar although that seems a bit under-sensitive (slow).

It may be difficult for ED to make both radar and IR seeker equally sensitive with a single shared input axis. That could be solved by introducing one or two adjustment parameter(s) under Options/Special.

After reading this I tried it and it's the best solution I have found yet. It's not perfect by any means because it slows down the radar TDC but I can now reliably use my mavericks. I may tweak it a bit to see if I can find a happy medium for the mavs and radar but this is a good starting point anyway. Thanks LeCuvier.

Edited by Sparky1b09

Looks like They hear us. At least They respond to my question

Screenshot_2018-12-02-18-54-43-759_com.facebook.katana.thumb.png.4f003967c416e61a67d83a6f9584117f.png

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Deadzone = 30

Saturation Y = 15

I've actually gone a step further and a bit more extreme. The following is the axis settings I use, and will explain below why I use them.

Deadzone = 25

Saturation Y = 50

Curvature = 20

The above settings seem to be a happy medium for me. Yes, on the radar the slew rate is rather slow, but those settings also greatly improve MAV stability when I may not have a lot of time to slew the seeker around.

Going in depth a bit further, RARELY do I ever have my radar set below 40 miles, so I do have time to slew the TDC around when a target is picked up. If I do decide to engage, I'm locking the target at or about 25 miles, with first launch at 20. By the time the missile goes pitbull, we've closed to anywhere between 12-15 miles, and I'm therefore going into ACM anyway.

Now when using the MAV, it's usually because I'm taking out radars and missile systems (in our CVBG, I'm a part of a dedicated SEAD/DEAD squad). Their exact location is not always known, so one of our members is going to wildweasle the site, while the second member dives for it once its location is determined. The MAV remains caged until the my nose and seeker is looking in the right direction, and only uncaged once I have visual of the target in the seeker head. At that point I only have a few seconds to lock the target and fire.

So, getting back to my axis settings, I've put more importance on MAV seeker stability than slewing the TDC around on the radar. Thus a high saturation rate and curvature allows for smaller adjustments if necessary, yet rapid movement at the outer limits of axis scale.

I Hope I've explained myself clearly, and hope the settings I use are useful to some.

I posted this in a different thread, but will repeat here:

The following is the axis settings I use, and will explain below why I use them.

Deadzone = 25

Saturation Y = 50

Curvature = 20

The above settings seem to be a happy medium for me. Yes, on the radar the slew rate is rather slow, but those settings also greatly improve MAV stability when I may not have a lot of time to slew the seeker around.

Going in depth a bit further, RARELY do I ever have my radar set below 40 miles, so I do have time to slew the TDC around when a target is picked up. If I do decide to engage, I'm locking the target at or about 25 miles, with first launch at 20. By the time the missile goes pitbull, we've closed to anywhere between 12-15 miles, and I'm therefore going into ACM anyway.

Now when using the MAV, it's usually because I'm taking out radars and missile systems (in our CVBG, I'm a part of a dedicated SEAD/DEAD squad). Their exact location is not always known, so one of our members is going to wildweasle the site, while the second member dives for it once its location is determined. The MAV remains caged until the my nose and seeker is looking in the right direction, and only uncaged once I have visual of the target in the seeker head. At that point I only have a few seconds to lock the target and fire.

So, getting back to my axis settings, I've put more importance on MAV seeker stability than slewing the TDC around on the radar. Thus a high saturation rate and curvature allows for smaller adjustments if necessary, yet rapid movement at the outer limits of axis scale.

I Hope I've explained myself clearly, and hope the settings I use are useful to some.

Slewing Maverick - unable

:doh: SOLVED THANKS GUYS!

Latest update:

Can't get MAV to slew.

Could someone explain the sequence please. Which button to hold while slewing?

Thanks

Edited by Catseye

Latest update:

Can't get MAV to slew.

Could someone explain the sequence please. Which button to hold while slewing?

Thanks

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3710345&postcount=98

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |