Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

yeah.. my issue that i reported (black screen slides to fill view as you shift left in your seat) only happened near the coast or over the water

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Thanks NineLine, but with today's patch the flickering got A LOT worse again: some modules are unplayable for more than a few minutes (in VR):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3818054&postcount=110

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

The flickering for me did not seem to be related to water or mirrors. It seems to be related to light reflecting off the canopy in some way. In the Su 25 when interior cockpit lights are on the flickering is greatly exaggerated. Turn the lights off and it is almost eliminated except at certain angles to the sun. The Gazelle however does seem to be the rotor blade animation as zooming in to the point of not having the rotor blades in the FOV greatly reduces the flickering.

Mig21Bis.

Have the occasional black flickering while flying during the day depending on where I look at during the flight.

It's unplayable if I fly at Dusk, Dawn and Night when I turn on the Red cockpit lights(CTRL & Numpad +/- by default in the keymapping) in my Mig21 it flickers non-stop for me making it unplayable. If I turn it off and only use the other 2 types of lights in the cockpit it does not make it worse.

I'm running a AMD Vega 64 card (drivers recently updated) didn't fix the problem, turning water low/med/High didn't do anyhting, Dirt + Flare turned off also didn't fix as I figured it's problably has to do with light bouncing of the canonpy or something that causes the flickering.

It is definitely a light/reflection thing. Noticed it last night on the F 5. The list of effected modules continues to grow for me. This is a serious issue for what seems like a growing number of players. An update would be greatly appreciated. When can we expect some sort of resolution?

Ok guys, I have an update for you via Rik.

There were/are a total of 3 bugs.

1 was related to sea shaders and was fixed and merged already (solved for some of you)

2 is related to mirrors and the fix is ongoing

3 is related to the SA342 rotor blades and the work is also ongoing

So 3 different bugs, all a similar result, 1 down 2 to go. Hopefully, they will be resolved soon, but at least with this, you might be able to avoid it a little more till then. Thanks for everyone sharing their experiences, it always helps the team ID issues so much faster, even when not all of us can reproduce or experience the issue.

There should be at least one more bug. I have disabled mirrors and still get flickering. I will post a track later today.

Following up to my post above - the flickers are not due to mirrors but (I think) due to some lighting effect. In this track I was flying without mirrors, and the flickers start the moment I engage the autopilot and radar, and they cast their light in the cockpit.

I can repeat this issue 100% of the time.

Viggen_flicker.trk

can confirm the release of the F-14B brought back the really annoying screen flickers...

it was fixed latest open betas

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

Steam Profile, Twitch, Youtube

It may have been fixed for you in the latest OB patch. Not for me. This has been a long ongoing issue that quite frankly seems no one at ED really cares about at the moment. I've given up at this point and figured it was something I am just going to have to live with.

I find it funny to see it randomly in videos on YouTube (in this one, in the first two minutes at 00:33 and from 01:23).

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Yup, and they still make DCS crash. I keep sending crash reports, hopefully the team can find a solution soon...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Black Flickers

To my mind, I think, as tosmonkey wrote, it's a light / reflection problem especially on glass surfaces and water. I think DCS requires some colors or features that last Windows 10 updates refuses now to deliver.:protest:

I can reproduce this every time. In 2.5.3.24984 this does not happen. All others after flashing

Edited by chardly38

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

To my mind, I think, as tosmonkey wrote, it's a light / reflection problem especially on glass surfaces and water. I think DCS requires some colors or features that last Windows 10 updates refuses now to deliver.:protest:

has nothing to do with Windows 10

- with DCS 2.5.4.28090 Open Beta the flickering was gone

- with DCS 2.5.4.28461 Open Beta and the release of the Tomcat it came back

maybe this can help developers:

running DCS on a Windows 7 computer with a Nvidia GPU and driver 419.17

Edited by maquez

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

Steam Profile, Twitch, Youtube

has nothing to do with Windows 10

- with DCS 2.5.4.28090 Open Beta the flickering was gone

- with DCS 2.5.4.28461 Open Beta and the release of the Tomcat it came back

maybe this can help developers:

running DCS on a Windows 7 computer with a Nvidia GPU and driver 419.17

Agreed, nothing to do with window 10.

I have issues with the reflections of sun off glass with win8.1 under nvidia drivers 388.71 and now on the updated 419.17 still.

Using the same mission for all testing, External view happens with the Yak-52 glass cockpit reflections, but none of the cockpit glass of other aircraft that have rounder glass canopies.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Do you think someone is working on this problem? It's a shame to pay expensive modules that do not work. #SA342 :angry:

*cough*EARLY ACCESS*cough*

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]