Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

I've had this issue after the latest OB-update and with the latest drivers.

Tried a repair, different settings ingame and via the nvidia cp. Nothing helped.

Then I saw that the helipad from the civil objects mod v1.95 flickered in the ME. Removed it and the flickering was gone. Yay.

The next thing I noticed was, after the removal of the helipad the workload on my RAM decreased dramatically. I've running MOOSE and RAT with lots of moving and static planes, helis, carriers full of planes and whatnot. Really a lot. Settings pretty much maxed out @ 3440x1440. Plus various apps running in the bachground. With the helipads my 16GB of RAM were runnig around 70%. Without the helipads it's around 40%.

This was not the case before the latest update.

So far so good. I can crowd Dubai even more now. Lol.

Only thing that bugs me now are some white squares instead of lights at the oil rigs.

So, I'd recommend to check your used mods. Seems that some may interfere with some obnoxious setting coming with the update. Just like the deferred shading which messed up the lighting. Which still persists...

Edited by SgtRob

My GTX 960 is producing black frames with 2.5.4.29585, no mods installed.

My temporary solution is the APU built in R7 graphics.

Please concentrate as many resources as possible to fix this bug.

I don't want new features while this is not fixed.

Please notify me if testing in GTX 960 is worthy.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Dear all, what is the probability to quit myself from the flickering bug by changing to GTX 1070 8GB? Any test case exists with this card?

EDIT: my pilot winking approximately once per hour with new card, with F-15C, Hornet, Su-33... Flicker happening with outside views also: Hornet on final to Stennis, J-11A explosion view...

Edited by discwalker
:-(

I've had this issue after the latest OB-update and with the latest drivers.

Tried a repair, different settings ingame and via the nvidia cp. Nothing helped.

Then I saw that the helipad from the civil objects mod v1.95 flickered in the ME. Removed it and the flickering was gone. Yay.

The next thing I noticed was, after the removal of the helipad the workload on my RAM decreased dramatically. I've running MOOSE and RAT with lots of moving and static planes, helis, carriers full of planes and whatnot. Really a lot. Settings pretty much maxed out @ 3440x1440. Plus various apps running in the bachground. With the helipads my 16GB of RAM were runnig around 70%. Without the helipads it's around 40%.

This was not the case before the latest update.

So far so good. I can crowd Dubai even more now. Lol.

Only thing that bugs me now are some white squares instead of lights at the oil rigs.

So, I'd recommend to check your used mods. Seems that some may interfere with some obnoxious setting coming with the update. Just like the deferred shading which messed up the lighting. Which still persists...

i dont use any mods, run the latest DCS OB, run the latest win10 and latest drivers. flickering still exists. there is nothing left for me to do except wait whether ED devs fix it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I've been taking off from Vaziani then turning around and flying back towards the north west over the airports and lake. For whatever reason the issue is the worst for me here. I can post a video if needed but it seems like that's kinda redundant at this point.

I had been using an old Dell 24 inch monitor up until yesterday and am now using a gsync ultrawide and in the little bit of testing I did last night it seemed like the flickering caused gsync to stop working. The flickering got really bad at one point and when it came out of that spell gsync wasn't working, had to alt tab it to get it back.

Would love to see this issue resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

Happening to me ALOT lately

It appears to almost go completely black and then back to normal; also been getting unknown pauses when flying missions..........simple missions and it will do like a 2 sec pause and then normal; it will go on throughout the mission.

Harv

Pain with new hardware

Flickerings not solved by hardware change for me.

I bought a GTX 1070, the result:

Rare long single black flickers at final approaches, when my concentration is the most high.

The bug strike in the worst possible time.

Fortunately today I recorded a not long MP freeflight track with only 2 planes. (J-11A, Su-25T)

Suggested replay speed 5x. Until around 11h 10m, the final approach. ((or watch the bonus J-11A wingtip touchdown earlier on the shorter runway))

The flicker can come at 3.5km distance.

In a slight left bank, with little positive vertical velocity.

(low FPS due to my weak APU)

settings:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11fgrtayp2_h4EU8o8g3q-clJiG5A7QDK

track 24M:

BLUE_vs_RED-20190519-205207_flicker_Su25tapproachSochi_11h10m_3,5km_288m.trk

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19lmYt5Tm-SzhLUQmndOAJFwH-Xqd5hOG

A video collection of the evidences:

A track collection of the evidences: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3860564&postcount=343

:helpsmilie:

Edited by discwalker
trackname+trsck collections

May 22 by Grim Reapers video, flicker in outside view, 9 mins 20 seconds:

I'm alone with this thinking? Easier to revert back ***early*** to the flickerless 2.5.3 graphics engine.

Let's hope 2.5.5 today will have something good in store in this regard :-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 3 weeks later...

I had it fixed in 2.5.4 by changing some Power Management setting in BIOS, but now in 2.5.5 the flickering and TDR crashes are back in full force.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Black flickers are continous since first 2.5.4 for me

never gone in any build since.

Recorded at first play with GTX 1070

The client side track was the worst, with most frequent flickering in the starting phase.

The 3 tracks are from the same mission.

ED, plesae strive harder, this bug is the most annoying!!!

Good enough to fix it to yesterday.

Until 2.5.3 everything goes fine!

Su-33 - Caucasus - Carrier LandingInad-20190616-113040_blackflickers.trk

2,5,5,32299_blackFlickersPlaceOnSea.trk

2,5,5,32299_blackFlickersPlaceOnSea2CanopyOpenSideLookingFlicker.trk

On the last nvidia drivers in the 430.86 the flicker does not show on any record. You can attach file DxDiag.txt.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

dxdiag for nothing

track recorded with old driver

video recorded with up to date driver: flickerings are the same

jump to 2:40 to fickerings

edit: if you want to replicate please use the HIGH graphics preset (or get my settings from the end of the video, in paused state)

edit: and don't touch your mouse during replay, started with pause button on keyboard for sure not modify view

DxDiag20190616_gtx1070_430.86drv.txt.zip

2,5,5,32299_blackFlickersLeftLookingAfterForcedLanding.trk

Edited by discwalker