Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

You did played not enough much. Today I experienced the most flashes with the Su-25T (non VR), but not plane binded the issue. And not water quality binded also. And not inside view binded only also.

The only positive is the flickers are less common than in the first 2.5.4.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

For me the issue persists, i've try with different settings of water, and lens flare, fullscreen etc, but i've notice it not happened when i turn off the mirror in cockpit view for exemple in spitfire. For me it's definitely link to a reflection and water problem.

Win 7 ultimate 64-bit SP1, IC i5-4590, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960, Track IR.

Flickering with F-5 happens much more when position lights are in use. With position lights disabled occurrence of flickering is much rarer. Beacon light does not exhibit this tendency.

Assume MiG-21's unavoidable flicker is due to lights on sight or landing gear which is impossible to turn off.

Video talk more than a long story.

When the mirror is OFF no blincking/flickering, mirror ON ... same over water but even if i'm over water if the mirror is OFF there is nothing.

I'll make a try with the gazelle, and Mig-21.

If i remember there is no mirror in the gazelle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TckN01ySko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgQSv00wx8o

Win 7 ultimate 64-bit SP1, IC i5-4590, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960, Track IR.

Video talk more than a long story.

When the mirror is OFF no blincking/flickering, mirror ON ... same over water but even if i'm over water if the mirror is OFF there is nothing.

I'll make a try with the gazelle, and Mig-21.

If i remember there is no mirror in the gazelle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TckN01ySko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgQSv00wx8o

I just tried it in the MiG-21, with mirrors on and off. Happens in both cases to me, i might upload a video later.

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

hi all thanks for this thread help-.- im with the same isual on RX560, windows 10. i cant play ,, black screen flikering when i look to the sides. after the release update 2-5-4.... cant play its to aufull to play this way... any one with news??

hi all thanks for this thread help-.- im with the same isual on RX560, windows 10. i cant play ,, black screen flikering when i look to the sides. after the release update 2-5-4.... cant play its to aufull to play this way... any one with news??

Since this issue appeared, I was flying only in Nevada, because for me it is mostly noticeable near the water. But even in Nevada I'm getting heavy flickering from sun reflecting on canopy.

edit: I can reproduce it every time, a short track attached.

flicker.trk

Edited by grunf

im going back to 2.5.3.24984 USE .... CMD comands

in line comands of CMD ( black window, not powershell win 10 )

type:

C:\Program Files\DCS\DCS World\bin dcs_updater.exe update 2.5.3.2498

this will work momentary thil ED group get to work,

This seems to be affecting people in different ways. I only get the flickering heavily with the Christen Eagle II although I caught a minimal amount of flickering with the Yak-52 this morning. Other aircraft like the P-51 are totally solid and I don't get flickering. I also didn't see flickering with any of the other WWII aircraft, the F-5, or the F-86. I was testing strictly in the Area 51 area and away from water. It's a strange problem.

EDIT: Ok, I take it back, I just caught a small amount of flickering with the F-5. Darn it!

When I last played DCS a week or two ago with 2.5.3 there was no flickering. Like with a lot of you this seems new.

Edited by JustVisiting

I used to have it before the last OB right from before christmas.Then it went the same time they said they dealt with it. Im not saying anyone else doesnt have it, but it was night and day for me.

I don't mess around with my shaders or use mods. It used to affect all planes. Did you guys use the old workaround?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hey guys, I just asked Rik about this, the team was able to reproduce on their end, and it is with them trying to diagnose. So they are working on it.

Very nice. It's great that you guys are working on it. I'm a bit late to this party since I only noticed it yesterday with the 2.5.4 update.

I too have this flickering in my vive pro HW in sig.

My Box

Evga Z390 FTW, Evga CLC 280, Evga SuperNOVA 1200 P2, Intel 9900k - 5.2GHz - 1.26v, G-Skill 32GB - 3200MHz - F4-3200C16-8GVKB

Evga RTX 2080 ti FTW3, Samsung 970 Pro m.2 512GB, Samsung 860 500GB, Samsung 860 1TB, Phantek Evolv X

I am in the same flickering boat with the latest OB version. Trying some viewport exports with and without Helios and get severe black squared flickers in the MiG-21bis. No other mods involved and no reshade stuff applied.

The flickering seems to be worst and very noticable when flying with sun glares produced in cockpit and as long as the taxi/landing lights are on.

Additional to the flickering landing lights shine through the cockpit bottom in both the MiG and the M-2000C.

Edited by schmiefel

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

Just in case this helps somehow, I am having this in the SA342 but not in the A10C or Hornet.

Intel CPU, AMD GPU, tested with FreeSync on and off.

EDIT: tested with Water low and medium, no change. Tried various Lens Flare settings, Depth of Field settings, Shadows off...no change...

in the Gazelle as soon as you hit the batt switch it's flickertown

Edited by colin519
added info

Antec P280 | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus 7 | i7 8086K @ 4.9Ghz on Thermaltake 240mm CLC | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 @ 2400Mhz | Asus Strix Vega 64 8GB | Asus Strix XG35VQ w/ FreeSync

Samsung 960EVO NVMe for DCS and Windows 10 w/ other storage for stuff

TrackIR 5, TM WH Stick + Throttle + TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals