Stores Loading Times

mytai01

I would like to have the option to enforce realistic stores love, refueling, and repair times in game.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

how much time is that? Say a fully loaded A-10C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I can appreciate the wish for realism, but having been a former crew chief, you probably wouldn't want this 100% simulated. Land, thru flight inspection, wait for the next available fuel truck, 30 minutes to refuel after all the prep was said and done; then the weapons guys need to come out, then replacing flare and chaff cartridges that require you to ground the jet, remove electrical power, disconnect the batteries and clear all personnel (including you) from the area while they do the work, etc. Repairs? Just changing an engine can take anywhere from 2-8 hours+ assuming parts are available and you don't have to cannibalize another jet. Might as well just call it for the day and come back tomorrow or the week after that depending on the damage. You would get a different jet to fly at that rate.

(this list is not the actual order of events but just an idea of what it takes to prepare an aircraft for flight, even a quick turn can take up to 30 minutes to an hour)

Edited by Repth
Removed Sass

So you are telling me when I auger my harrier into the farp and its fixed, re armed and refuled in like 3 minutes this may be a wee bit unrealistic?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thankfully yes :)

I mean, if you want to wait for hours then more power to you. But assuming you survived and weren't removed from active service you would again, get a new jet to fly. Or in our case, respawn.

Edited by Repth

Actually, one thing that could be implemented is to actually have the jet shut off to get it rearmed-refuled (even with the unrealistic times). I'm pretty sure IRL no one is hanging stores or pumping fuel into a running Harrier for example.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Actually, one thing that could be implemented is to actually have the jet shut off to get it rearmed-refuled (even with the unrealistic times). I'm pretty sure IRL no one is hanging stores or pumping fuel into a running Harrier for example.

I’ve seen the Navy “Hot Pit” Yuma Harriers at El Centro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

So curiously what does that entail? And how do they not BBQ the ground crew?

Also, as an aside I'd love to be able to set fuzing options on the ground for certain weapons (rockeyes).

One thing that would be nice is forcing rearm/refuel to a specific part of the airport. No more sitting on the runway for fuel. At least taxi back to the ramp.

Also, I'd love to see the option when they finally get around to fixing AI movement, is the ability to make them taxi to an end of runway rearm area and wait there for a bit.

While were throwing wish lists around, a little checklist with green or red items that need to be or have been, accomplished in order for the ground crew to service you. I'm sure we're all aware of how frustrating it is being in a particular module and the ground crew won't respond but not knowing why. Oh, that one switch needed to be flipped? Oh I need the canopy open in this one? Oh I have to shut the engines off in this, but not that? Oh, there's no ammo truck nearby at this farp?

And to respond to the OP... No I don't think you do want realistic load times. As a C17 crew chief it was easily an hour long or more job just to load flares on the jet. Nothing else can be done during that time either. Fuel? Depending on the load, an easy 30 to 60 minute job.

Edited by ScopeDope

That would be good. Not like anyone is gettin rearmed on the runway IRL.

That might be workable for aircraft like the A-10 which can be hot rearmed (even then not all types of ordnance can be hot loaded) for those who fancy sitting on the ramp for some time, but for most aircraft rearming takes hours and can’t be done with power on or a pilot in the cockpit.

A realistic hot pit refuel time would be more reasonable to implement, but even then not all aircraft can be hot refuelled, and all have different timescales.

The suggestion of having specific refuel and rearm areas would perhaps be the best way.

I think the only practical way might be to improve and extend the resource system to take aircraft of the available pool when people repair/rearm/refuel for a period of time to reflect them jumping to a new airframe and the previous aircraft being turned around.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The only other thing, might be "realistic" "sort-of-realistic" "Aero-quake" options for rearm-refuel.

How about an accelerated time function with realistic refuelling and rearming times?

I guess this would work for SP. How would it work in MP?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That was an awesome video! Are the limitations to what stores can be loaded in such a manner? Also time wise (unless it was heavily edited) it seems like it was reasonably quick (not as fast as current DCS but not bad)

I can appreciate the wish for realism, but having been a former crew chief, you probably wouldn't want this 100% simulated. Land, thru flight inspection, wait for the next available fuel truck, 30 minutes to refuel after all the prep was said and done; then the weapons guys need to come out, then replacing flare and chaff cartridges that require you to ground the jet, remove electrical power, disconnect the batteries and clear all personnel (including you) from the area while they do the work, etc. Repairs? Just changing an engine can take anywhere from 2-8 hours+ assuming parts are available and you don't have to cannibalize another jet. Might as well just call it for the day and come back tomorrow or the week after that depending on the damage. You would get a different jet to fly at that rate.

(this list is not the actual order of events but just an idea of what it takes to prepare an aircraft for flight, even a quick turn can take up to 30 minutes to an hour)

I agree. Do they even do Integrated Combat Turn (ICT) anymore? Last one I did was back 2000.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I would like to have the option to enforce realistic stores love, refueling, and repair times in game.

I bet you were the sort of person that flew London to Sydney in MS Flight Sim in real time.

Anyway, you can already do this. After requesting a re-arm, set a timer for 30-40 mins, wait for it to go off, then continue "playing".

Maybe next time you crash your aircraft you could delete the game and never play it again, to simulate death.