LANTIRN! (RIO)

Cobra847

One of the things we're most excited about is our very simulation of the LANTIRN TGP which will be available on release!

We'll go into much more depth in a video we're currently working on, and in particular how we've recreated the LANTIRN's optical sensor and the follow on effects.

For now, here's a look at the accompanying panel & stick that appears if you mount the LANTIRN pod!

AsVCWop.jpg

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

There are different Control bindings for the Rio and Pilot seat. The way I read it, you will just need one stick..

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

I will try to use my old M$ Sidewinder to control that along my X-52 pro :joystick:

Dont joke. I got a function sidewinder and an x45 i can use for it... :joystick:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This stick doesn't move - you only use the hatswitches :)

I wonder, do you have hotas control bindings set up for both positions so if you were to switch position in SP would your control set up automatically change back and forth?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I wonder, do you have hotas control bindings set up for both positions so if you were to switch position in SP would your control set up automatically change back and forth?

Yes, the Rio Controls are seperate from the Pilot controls. If you switch from Pilot to Rio you automatically use the Rio Controll bindings.

Control binding changing as one switches between Pilot seat and RIO seat will be interesting and cool.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

The LANTIRN implementation is one thing about the F14 I'm really looking forward to. From the video a while back on one of Cobra's update threads, the level of detail the devs have put into it is simply astounding.

Only thing I have a few concerns about is having to possibly constantly seat switch from front to back on the run up to and orbit of the target, flying while operating the LANTIRN pod at the same time and in the heat of combat! But I guess until we know more about the implementation of the controls and Jester we won't know for sure.

Great work HB.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

The LANTIRN implementation is one thing about the F14 I'm really looking forward to. From the video a while back on one of Cobra's update threads, the level of detail the devs have put into it is simply astounding.

Only thing I have a few concerns about is having to possibly constantly seat switch from front to back on the run up to and orbit of the target, flying while operating the LANTIRN pod at the same time and in the heat of combat! But I guess until we know more about the implementation of the controls and Jester we won't know for sure.

Great work HB.

My impression here is that the RIO only gets to see the LARTIRN display.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

My impression here is that the RIO only gets to see the LARTIRN display.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Constantly shifting from back seat while using the LANTIRN pod, to jumping into the front for a quick course correction then back to the RIO to tweak the LANTIRN again. May get a bit tedious after a while.

I wonder if we can tell the AI pilot to turn right 30deg or left 45deg etc from the back seat, therefore on a target run up we can just stay in the back and operate the weapons while the AI driver (pilot :D) takes us in.

Ah well, pointless speculating at this time, we will all find out in two weeks :D

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Constantly shifting from back seat while using the LANTIRN pod, to jumping into the front for a quick course correction then back to the RIO to tweak the LANTIRN again. May get a bit tedious after a while.

I wonder if we can tell the AI pilot to turn right 30deg or left 45deg etc from the back seat, therefore on a target run up we can just stay in the back and operate the weapons while the AI driver (pilot :D) takes us in.

Ah well, pointless speculating at this time, we will all find out in two weeks :D

But isn’t that what Jester and Iceman are for?

You choose what seat you’re gonna use and the AI takes the other. I don’t think it’s designed for you to keep jumping from seat to seat, would as you state make things very complicated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Thanks for the update Cobra; looking stellar as always. <chomps at the bit> Can't wait, must have =)

System: Samsung 65" 4k Curved, Obutto Revolution Gaming Seat, Alienware Area-51 - Intel Core I-7 6950X 10 Core, Dual Nvidia 1080Ti 11g, 64g Fury Ram, 8TB HD, Warthog Flight Controls, Crosswind Pedals, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Pro.

DCS Mods: A-10A/C, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, F-5E, F-86F, P-51D, L-39, UH-1, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, Mig-15, Mig-21, Bf-109, Fw190D-9, FC3

Black Shark Den

can you show us some lantrin footages? we only have that famous ten seconds video

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

No. The pilot can see it on the VDI. HB even had a screenshot of it around Christmas tracking Santa Claus over a carrier.
Great. No point jumping to the RIO seat to watch the lantirn in use.

Im interestet how Jester work with the Lantirn. I think spotting a camouflaged tank near the tree line would be hard for an AI. Or maybe its just me. I really sucked to find targetns in the A10C

When there was no direct waypoint marker at the garget and the target was maeked with red smoke bombs, i really got trluble to find them.

Having Hester calling me targets abd give me a Mark on the HUD would be really great. :D