HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

How is Head tracking, I do not mind if it is not perfect as I am used to track IR with its amplified real head to virtual head movement.

Do any HP users fly the Kamov with its HMS targeting reticule?

Is it easier with VR?

I do. Its stupid easy in vr. Look n click. Head tracking in vr basically has to be perfect or it doesnt work. Track IR is a bad joke in comparison, plus its non symetric so even more unreal.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes, it's like flying for Real,with the Reverb, the Simshaker Software and a Motionsim, in a proper VR Cockpit.

#nothingcomescloserthanflyinginVR

Do someone use VR Gloves with the Reverb and DCS?

Btw. The blurriness is back,so you have to rollback SteamVR for a perfect Picture :

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Edited by TOYKILLA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Hi Reverb owners, 2 questions:

1- how to remove the Windows + Y mode so that the mouse remains on the desktop and not in the HMD ? I do not know why but sometimes it is activated in flight and suddenly I can not click in the pit, I have to do alt + tab, windows + Y and return to DCS, very convenient

2-Have you found a setting so that it does not flash on the ground (trees, buildings etc)? because even MSAA * 2, SS 110 + PD 1.2 it always flashes a little

Thank you

Hi Reverb owners, 2 questions:

1- how to remove the Windows + Y mode so that the mouse remains on the desktop and not in the HMD ? I do not know why but sometimes it is activated in flight and suddenly I can not click in the pit, I have to do alt + tab, windows + Y and return to DCS, very convenient

2-Have you found a setting so that it does not flash on the ground (trees, buildings etc)? because even MSAA * 2, SS 110 + PD 1.2 it always flashes a little

Thank you

1. black sticker the sensor

2. NVidia negative LOD - 'clamp' ON

2a. - Transparancy Supersampling xxxxxREPLAY_MODE ALL (to enable NEG LOD BIAS)

- Texture filtering LOD Bias DX '-1.375

No more DCS wave shimmer around Stennis, YMMV

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

1. black sticker the sensor

2. NVidia negative LOD - 'clamp' ON

2a. - Transparancy Supersampling xxxxxREPLAY_MODE ALL (to enable NEG LOD BIAS)

- Texture filtering LOD Bias DX '-1.375

No more DCS wave shimmer around Stennis, YMMV

1- which sensor ? inside the HMD ?

2-in nvidia panel ? could you screen yours ? and your DCS settings

thanks

1- which sensor ? inside the HMD ?

2-in nvidia panel ? could you screen yours ? and your DCS settings

1- between the eye the shiny little square

2 -find download NVidia Profile Inspector (or the DW version, same) attached

176496129_NVIDIA_Inspector_NEGLODBIASHPREVERBDCS.thumb.png.83efcb432374fcdb85d910609ee3d7f3.png

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

My DCS

NOTE: all is OFF (but PD 1.1 to trigger HP resolution) , this is for Dogfighting / BVR !

(All this not my finds, all from the forum)

Screen_191207_194606.thumb.jpg.5e64581e214fa7c4bd0071dbea28a7e4.jpg

Screen_191207_194730.thumb.jpg.1fed1046badc3f8b49fb846ada36884f.jpg

Edited by majapahit

Yes, it's like flying for Real,with the Reverb, the Simshaker Software and a Motionsim, in a proper VR Cockpit.

#nothingcomescloserthanflyinginVR

Do someone use VR Gloves with the Reverb and DCS?

Btw. The blurriness is back,so you have to rollback SteamVR for a perfect Picture :

Today Valve released SteamVR beta 1.9.7 with an important change:

Skip “Advanced Supersampling Filtering” for systems which use their own compositor (e.g. WMR, Oculus). This should fix blurriness reported by WMR users.

Full changelog here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/250820/announcements/detail/1714113379461314416

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Skip “Advanced Supersampling Filtering” for systems which use their own compositor (e.g. WMR, Oculus). This should fix blurriness reported by WMR users.

Full changelog here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/250820/announcements/detail/1714113379461314416

Hi, how can I have beta mode ? in SteamVR->beta, it's OFF and I can't change

thanks

My DCS

NOTE: all is OFF (but PD 1.1 to trigger HP resolution) , this is for Dogfighting / BVR !

(All this not my finds, all from the forum)

Could you please try this :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7vas44gkcybvrse/Kobuleti.miz/file

and tell me if you have blinking right and left (fences and trees shadows)

Other if you wanna try, I can't get ride of blinking

Thanks

Could you please try this :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7vas44gkcybvrse/Kobuleti.miz/file

and tell me if you have blinking right and left (fences and trees shadows)

Other if you wanna try, I can't get ride of blinking

Nothing you can do about that, gave up on that a looong time ago. My setup is for PVP, to "pretty things up" you want a 9900K CPU and a 2080Ti, nothing less.

The new graphics engine would be Aerofly FS 2, razor sharp shadows, high FPS, or even War Thunder,

DCS already has an 'outdated' graphics engine, or rather was busy with war planes, and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

Change priorities or fly MS Flight Simulator 2020 when that arrives. That looks pretty.

A super deal on an HP Reverb without controllers for seated simmers would sweet! Say $400 for the pro set...a good deal I say.

I'm waiting to see what the next gen in VR has to offer before going all in!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So first impressions in compassion to my O+

- it is way more comfortable to wear; even without the custom padding I had for the O+, this is a joy to wear

- my IPD is 68.5 and that seems to work well, I get some minor blurring, but nothing compared to my O+

- There is no screen door

- clarity... OMG I can read all the gauges... F-18 and F-14, I'm currently running at 180% in Steam and 1.0 in DCS with no SS turned on...

- slight "divers" mask feel, at the lower part of my FOV, but again nothing I can cope with

- performance this is good, and smooth on my spec system, 1 vs 1 dogfights are easily able to keep in 45 fps, with quite a lot of detail turned on terrain shadows mirrors etc... medium sized missions with the same settings high 30's with rain lighting etc..., but very smooth no juddering

- I will play with reducing some of the settings and see if that improve much

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

- performance this is good, and smooth on my spec system, 1 vs 1 dogfights are easily able to keep in 45 fps, with quite a lot of detail turned on terrain shadows mirrors etc... medium sized missions with the same settings high 30's with rain lighting etc..., but very smooth no juddering

yeah and I was starting to wonder why so much people relatively were so hard insisting on that you need a 2080Ti or atleast 2080 Super for a Reverb. Shout out to the haters.

So there are definitely compromises to be made; to get 40-45 FPS in a "medium" mission I have these settings

y4mbgjvtD8C34zjTTwadX-kSUJyJYrVkig_G8gLjpY2uOpettFZ1rp1IGB0MLAa8Ru-6L7BB8_idbG_gs-iDZcanPytN4nXoBRlfUUfuN0XteUH_X2VhKGdIE2NgfLVhZE1ouvxq32RMoKtD5Dgknq2FAHSXQLUGh0mw5I1eFub4L8w5wk-JN2Q_eYUK8oqVxFe?width=1282&height=769&cropmode=none

I turn off Mirrors, and I don't play online, so your mileage may vary, but I am very happy with what I have

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

In the DCS controls setup, where you can select the control sets for the different planes, select "UI Layer" and bind a keyboard shortcut or joystick button to the "Recenter VR Headset" feature (see this post with a video of what I mean). Then each time when ready in DCS after strapping on your headset, you press this keyboard shortcut to get the head position in the VR space right.

I have the same issue when I start DCS with my headset lying on the seat in my simpit before I get ready.

Strangely, my WMR controllers already have VR center mapped to the left touchpad up and Pause Menu is left touchpad down. By default these are assigned and I cannot figure out how to change it.

These are not settings in the simulator controls. I deleted every setting and it didn't help.

There has to be a config file somewhere that I need to edit.

:joystick:

Hi, how can I have beta mode ? in SteamVR->beta, it's OFF and I can't change

thanks

In case you haven't done this. You only need to select "beta" in the SteamVR drop down menu and then close the active window. Then normal SteamVR will start updating itself to the beta version. To roll back just do the same, unpick the beta version in the drop down menu.

Man I gotta say the reverb with the JF 17's giant screens is awesome. So easy to see and use everything there.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

In case you haven't done this. You only need to select "beta" in the SteamVR drop down menu and then close the active window. Then normal SteamVR will start updating itself to the beta version. To roll back just do the same, unpick the beta version in the drop down menu.

thanks

and I have to let Video => advanced SS to off ? right ?

thanks

Full changelog here:

The Fix dosent work for the Reverb .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Really looking forward to this... I have been waiting for this for 2 years! I got the headset and am now just waiting for my VR driver system!

Do I need steam VR to run it?

Do I need steam to run steam VR?

I use DCS standalone only.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Really looking forward to this... I have been waiting for this for 2 years! I got the headset and am now just waiting for my VR driver system!

Do I need steam VR to run it?

Do I need steam to run steam VR?

I use DCS standalone only.

Yup you need

Steam.

Install Steam VR (I think)

Install WMR for steam VR

I use steam DCS so I just click on DCS inside steam and it gives options to run with the 3 different VR modes (flatscreen/Steam/occulus/WMR). Not sure how it works on standalone, but it does. I'm sure someone will be along to tell you exactly how, if it isn't as simple as just starting DCS.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).