HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Hey all.

Apologies, but I did not read through every post.. I am looking to buy the HP Reverb Pro from Amazon. How would I know its the generation 2 or not? Shouldn't all Reverbs, sold now, be "fixed"?

Same question, how do you know if it’s Gen2?

Appears to be issues arising with the new headsets that I never encountered. What is this wmr screen lock of which you speak?

I simply put on my headset and cliff house appears.

I double click the desktop within cliff house to wake it up.

I minimise the desktop and right click DCS, select open, then right click steam wmr and also select open. I then take a quick peep under my headset to ensure that some DCS installer is not waiting for an answer.

The white triangles do their thing and I appear in the steam wmr house. Very quickly thereafter, I get the loading screen with the evening sky and the lines, with DCS flickering on and off.

DCS loads into UI screen.

That's it. Never anything else.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Appears to be issues arising with the new headsets that I never encountered. What is this wmr screen lock of which you speak?

I simply put on my headset and cliff house appears.

I double click the desktop within cliff house to wake it up.

I minimise the desktop and right click DCS, select open, then right click steam wmr and also select open. I then take a quick peep under my headset to ensure that some DCS installer is not waiting for an answer.

The white triangles do their thing and I appear in the steam wmr house. Very quickly thereafter, I get the loading screen with the evening sky and the lines, with DCS flickering on and off.

DCS loads into UI screen.

That's it. Never anything else.

That is a far cry from my one button click launch!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

So exactly how does one set up the "one click launch?"
Just put the headset on, cliff house will come up. The first time you will need to open the desktop app. From then on, each time you put the headset on it will load up cliff house with your desktop open. You then just click on your dcs shortcut.

This way you are launching dcs in VR through your headset. Everything else gets launched as needed automatically. You still have to go alt+enter to make the window full screen on your monitor.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Just put the headset on, cliff house will come up. The first time you will need to open the desktop app. From then on, each time you put the headset on it will load up cliff house with your desktop open. You then just click on your dcs shortcut.

This way you are launching dcs in VR through your headset. Everything else gets launched as needed automatically. You still have to go alt+enter to make the window full screen on your monitor.

You don't even have to do that. I just plug my headset in, double-click the DCS icon on my desktop, and then put the headset on. Everything else happens automatically, and DCS comes up in the Reverb.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

You don't even have to do that. I just plug my headset in, double-click the DCS icon on my desktop, and then put the headset on. Everything else happens automatically, and DCS comes up in the Reverb.
I used to do that in my original odyssey but after I was done with DCS and I exited the game, then closed wmr window, the next time I wanted to fly if I just clicked my dcs icon on my desktop, it would not launch. Wmr would open up and steam vr too but only cliff house in the headset showed up and dcs would be running in the wmr window on my desktop.

I'd have to reboot my PC or use task manager and force close everything related to vr for it to get it to launch like you described. But at least launching through the headset I never had that issue again.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I used to do that in my original odyssey but after I was done with DCS and I exited the game, then closed wmr window, the next time I wanted to fly if I just clicked my dcs icon on my desktop, it would not launch. Wmr would open up and steam vr too but only cliff house in the headset showed up and dcs would be running in the wmr window on my desktop.

I'd have to reboot my PC or use task manager and force close everything related to vr for it to get it to launch like you described. But at least launching through the headset I never had that issue again.

I experience similar things with WMR recently, and it worked quite well before:

Launching DCS in VR only seems to work once, immediately after rebooting my PC. Any subsequent launching of DCS for VR ends up with the WMR window minimized to the top-left corner of the screen, the displays of my O+ staying black, but Steam VR is running without error message, and DCS launched in VR mode on my desktop.

Seems like maybe one of the recent Steam VR/WMR updates caused this, but I am not sure...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I experience similar things with WMR recently, and it worked quite well before:

Launching DCS in VR only seems to work once, immediately after rebooting my PC. Any subsequent launching of DCS for VR ends up with the WMR window minimized to the top-left corner of the screen, the displays of my O+ staying black, but Steam VR is running without error message, and DCS launched in VR mode on my desktop.

Seems like maybe one of the recent Steam VR/WMR updates caused this, but I am not sure...

Yea I'm not sure if this is recent because it's been happening to me ever since I swapped from the rift CV1 to the regular odyssey. But that's when someone mentioned just putting the headset on, and clicking dcs icon through the desktop app in the cliff house.

What is the model number of the newest Reverbs? Mine is VR1000.2

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

So exactly how does one set up the "one click launch?"

Sorry, I was just having a little jibe at WMR. It's one click with my Index. I just click on the DCS icon and SteamVR loads along with the DCS UI.

One of the reasons I sent my Reverb back was WMR. I really didn't get on with it at all.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hmmm got my HP Reverb Pro today with a serial number with 931 and what do you know straight out the box it has disconnect and snowy display issues. :( Not sure if this is the Gen 2 how do we tell? It also came with the cable clip.
Did you order from HP direct or a third party?

Did you remove the lens protectors? Mine is 925 Model # VR1000.2

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Sorry, I was just having a little jibe at WMR. It's one click with my Index. I just click on the DCS icon and SteamVR loads along with the DCS UI.

One of the reasons I sent my Reverb back was WMR. I really didn't get on with it at all.

I just use the single DCS icon click with the Reverb and it opens Steam VR and WMR automaticlly and straight into game. Put Headset on and select menu items and fly. It works the same with my Vive pro as well without the WMR. I dont go into Steam Home at all any more as found opening DCS from the steam VR menu was causing stutters and lost image quality. But I have to agree WMR is an extra layer we could do without as I just find it annoying and unneccesary. It would be good if it would just work in the background and be invisible to only call it up to make setting changes.

There is a setting in Steam VR to autodetect VR games. I think its under dev options IIRC. Then it should be good to go automatically and It boots WMR as well.

Edited by Macka

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

Hmmm got my HP Reverb Pro today with a serial number with 931 and what do you know straight out the box it has disconnect and snowy display issues. :( Not sure if this is the Gen 2 how do we tell? It also came with the cable clip.

Just check it has the latest drivers installed in Windows Device manager. Click on the headset and in the properties tab hit the update driver tab. It should have the latest hololens driver.....from memory V 10.18xxxxxx

It may not be the problem as that issue sounds suspiciously like the old cable problem. The 931 manufacture date is supposed to be the gen 2 version......same date as mine but no issues yet. So HP needs to hear about this if it is the cable. The HP VR techs over on the reddit forum seem quite responsive to any new issues arising. https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

It Was from a third party.
Hmm it should be the newer version. Try the driver update the person above mentioned and if that doesn't help, definitely contact HP directly or on Reddit and let them know. If some of the new models have the issue still, they should definitely know.

Just check it has the latest drivers installed in Windows Device manager. Click on the headset and in the properties tab hit the update driver tab. It should have the latest hololens driver.....from memory V 10.18xxxxxx

It may not be the problem as that issue sounds suspiciously like the old cable problem. The 931 manufacture date is supposed to be the gen 2 version......same date as mine but no issues yet. So HP needs to hear about this if it is the cable. The HP VR techs over on the reddit forum seem quite responsive to any new issues arising. https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/

Yea the voodomax user on Reddit said the new ones come in boxes that look different. I asked him what the new box should look like because I'll be ordering from HP US site soon.

Yea the voodomax user on Reddit said the new ones come in boxes that look different. I asked him what the new box should look like because I'll be ordering from HP US site soon.

My first Reverb had a fancy printed "outer" box. On the second one, the outer box is plain brown, with just the inner box printed.

Please let us know when you get the answer. I'm waiting for the HP Store or Amazon myself.

Please let us know when you get the answer. I'm waiting for the HP Store or Amazon myself.
Apparently the Reddit post says if the box has

L54016-001 Rev A on it this should be the new box. Will also wait to see what the voodomax user says in that thread.

Apparently the Reddit post says if the box has

L54016-001 Rev A on it this should be the new box. Will also wait to see what the voodomax user says in that thread.

mine has L56549-001 wwyy rev a. (purchased in mid July on amazon) both displays are flickering for 2-3 min after 30 mins playing, then flickering disappears.....

My box L56549-001 wwyy REV A, 925 M# VR1000.2. From Shopblt and so far no problems, almost 3 weeks now hope it stays that way.