Patch 22-03-2019

WolfK33

Well,

either something happened with me while downloading the patch today, or the Tomcat is a lot more stable now. Everything seems "easier" now, but also a bit more "sterile" if you pardon my unprofessional language

Human emotions and perceptions are a fascinating subject... ;)

Viewpoints are my own.

First thing I said yesterday to my RIO after liftoff.

“Something changed, it is much easier to handle and trim”

Later that night I tried a refuel and that succeeded almost without issues.

Before I was unable to connect, nomather what I tried.

Before the patch I didn’t had any performance issues but I wonder if I had some kind of input lag. Every control input feels a lot smoother now!

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

The patch dramatically decreased loading times, especially for VR. Frame rates also increased significantly.

Also when mistakenly keeping SteamVR on but launching DCS with VR off, the frame rates used to be like Flight Simulator II on my Apple //e. Now they approach 15fps (quit SteamVR and you're fine), and it shows how big an improvement the patch has made.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

Man the only thing I am noticing with the new patch is that 4 of us last night hard crashed to desktop, one right after the other, as we tried to engage two enemy planes, a MiG-29 and a MiG-31.

As for better flying / more stable flying - how'd your first day go learning to drive a manual? The next? How about the third time? Were you getting better?

Man the only thing I am noticing with the new patch is that 4 of us last night hard crashed to desktop, one right after the other, as we tried to engage two enemy planes, a MiG-29 and a MiG-31.

Yeah, I had the same problem last night online, but I believe a fix is on the way.

As for better flying / more stable flying - how'd your first day go learning to drive a manual? The next? How about the third time? Were you getting better?

I don't know, you tel me :music_whistling:.

Couldn't fly the F14 for almost a week due to work. First flight this week was after this patch and I noticed something has changed within my DCS and the F14.

For me it seems my control input has become subtle. Before it felt clunky and laggy.

Whatever happened on my system, I like the way the f14 feels to me now, except the CTD but that seems to be already fixed internally. Waiting for the HF.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

I mean, my third time driving a manual went a lot better than the first time lol....

As for the Cat, day one was atrocious, just as it was for me in Huey, Harrier, F-5, etc......yesterday was great, flew three real hops with a live RIO, hit targets, landed without breaking anything. The more time you spend on something the better you are gonna get. My point was that on your second flight you might have subconsciously been recalling some of Tomcats subtle quirks, and ipso facto, having a better feel for the plane, giving the impression that the FM might have changed for the better when it most likely is YOU who changed and flew better.

I'll eat crow if HB comes out and says "ya, we changed that shit", but stickin' to my guns for now!

For me it was just a matter of a few minutes. I was flying, checked the forums between two flights, saw the patch was out and updated, continued flying and immediately thought that something was changed. Maybe if nothing changed with the flight model it has indeed something to do with performance, although that wasn´t bad before.

But maybe in those few minutes some muscle-memory stuff or whatever kicked in, who knows.

Are the crashes from the new patch just in MP? I haven't updated yet.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Sounds low the flying differences folk are feeling are more related to the performance improvements and higher framerate, which can make the plane feel different.

However the crashes are unbearable at the moment as I can't engage enemy fighters at all, 4ctds in a row, hope theres a hotfix soon.

I'll just hold off on updating then.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I'll just hold off on updating then.

Me too!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Sounds low the flying differences folk are feeling are more related to the performance improvements and higher framerate, which can make the plane feel different.

However the crashes are unbearable at the moment as I can't engage enemy fighters at all, 4ctds in a row, hope theres a hotfix soon.

I also think it has something to do with something else then the FM (that for sure whould end up in the change log) but the F14 flies different for me 100%.

I have had good FPS with the F14 (99-120) so it wasn’t those kind of performance issues I had. Control wise I never had a “touch” with the F14. Although the F18 and A10 are different aircraft I never had so much trouble getting a feeling for an aircraft then with the F14. It was actually driving me nuts. And without practise this week it couldn’t be related to me getting better.

They managed to trim the memory usage down a lot so maybe my PC was struggeling on that part to keep up. Im also hosting a server so who knows what this does with input lag etc.

Anyway, besides the lot of CTD’s we are heading in the right direction for me :joystick:

Happy flying!

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen